Romelu Lukaku

Robbie

He just turned 20 a few weeks ago and has played for a big club in Belgium and is well on his way to establishing himself at Chelsea. I think we expect far too much from young players nowadays. Look at the player Lukaku is being compared with: Drogba. He was studying accounting at university and didn't become a pro footballer until he was 21 and had his degree, then he played in Ligue 2 until he was 24, where he joined relegation fodder Guingamp for a few more years. By the time he joined Chelsea, he was already 27.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nah, 26, but still I get what you mean. And I also don't like how much pressure a young player has on their shoulders. Walcott is an example, and although he's getting better, he's nowhere near where people were thinking he'd be, probably a lot to do with the pressure as well as him just not being as good as the stupid media made him out to be.

Poor Lukaku, it's been reported in Italy that Chelsea have signed Cavani which means Lukaku won't be playing much. :(

Last edited:
K

kingleo

Nah, 26, but still I get what you mean. And I also don't like how much pressure a young player has on their shoulders. Walcott is an example, and although he's getting better, he's nowhere near where people were thinking he'd be, probably a lot to do with the pressure as well as him just not being as good as the stupid media made him out to be.

Poor Lukaku, it's been reported in Italy that Chelsea have signed Cavani which means Lukaku won't be playing much. :(

Why? do you really think Cavani would play every minute of every game? I am pretty sure Lukaku will get plenety of minutes

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Need more than 1 backup really.

And no Cavani won't play every minute, but Lukaku needs a lot of time, he's still developing as a player and he wants to play for Belgium at the WC, he'll get minutes but it may not be enough and his dream could be crushed. I'd like to hope he'll leave on loan in January if he doesn't get enough time. I know he did say if he doesn't get enough playing time, he doesn't deserve to play at the WC, but I really don't want that to happen. He's such an awesome person, I wish him all the success in the world and I'd hate for my club to be the one to take away potential success from him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With that hardworking attitude and his talent, he could go places. He doesn't just have the potential to be a great forward, but one that leaves his mark on the history of the game.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I've said it many times, he's got one of the best attitudes for a footballer. He's such a champion of a human being and I really hope he becomes not only a Chelsea legend, but a legend of the game. He's really somebody to look up to for the youngsters out there. Screw the money, do what you need to do to become the best!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lukaku is in line to start the first match at home to Hull, unless we get Rooney before them of course(which Chelsea don't think will happen before our game against United in the 2nd round of matches). Apparently Spain are playing a game too close to the fixture and are flying back either late Friday or on Saturday, and depending on if any of our 3 Spaniards play, so Mourinho may not play any of them on the Sunday.

He has looked good in pre-season, and I think if Rooney doesn't come, he'll do well for us playing regularly.

Home of Barca Fans