Romelu Lukaku

El Gato

Villarato!
Pre injured Rafinha had a really good season for Inter , 30 mil would have been a really fair price for him.

Maybe. No guaranteed return for the investment at all though so a good dodge. Just gotta face the reality at some point if you're a Barca fan. You're not loaded with bench players teams aspiring to move up and include in their projects would go after, they're all largely Everton level and it's the early-Bartomeu transfer legacy you have to face. Inter are visibly shooting for that title within 2-3 years. They have to make guaranteed investments, not take oldies and 1-hit-wonders off your hands. Lukaku will bang in at least 15-20 per season as a Conte #9 and has the longevity without silly-level pressure on his ass to deliver.

abbbs97

It would be a good deal for United if they managed to sign a replacement for him. They now have to rely on Rashford and a 17 year for goals. United's board is the worst. They have millions and have reportedly only had a net spend of around 80m pounds this summer and that is after buying Maguire and Wan Bissaka. I would be pissed if I was a United fan.

Adversus

It would be a good deal for United if they managed to sign a replacement for him. They now have to rely on Rashford and a 17 year for goals. United's board is the worst. They have millions and have reportedly only had a net spend of around 80m pounds this summer and that is after buying Maguire and Wan Bissaka. I would be pissed if I was a United fan.
I doubt that they fully trust Ole. They are probably waiting until Poch rocks up before going big. In the meantime Wan Basakaka is a great signing and they didn't have much choice but to overpay for Maguire. Ultimately their weakness was their defense last season and they have plugged the gaps.

abbbs97

I doubt that they fully trust Ole. They are probably waiting until Poch rocks up before going big. In the meantime Wan Basakaka is a great signing and they didn't have much choice but to overpay for Maguire. Ultimately their weakness was their defense last season and they have plugged the gaps.

Both of these are great signings and I dont blame United for spending that much for a defender cause they desperately need a CB. But the fact that they made no midfield signings and didnt even bother replacing Lukaku is just a horrible transfer window for them. Especially their midfield cause its basically Pogba doing all the work and even then he doesnt shine cause his midfield partners arent good at all. I dont see them doing well in the PL this season tbh.

FinBarcelonafan

Both of these are great signings and I dont blame United for spending that much for a defender cause they desperately need a CB. But the fact that they made no midfield signings and didnt even bother replacing Lukaku is just a horrible transfer window for them. Especially their midfield cause its basically Pogba doing all the work and even then he doesnt shine cause his midfield partners arent good at all. I dont see them doing well in the PL this season tbh.

True. Their midfield should be fairly weak and offense.

Arizona Scott

i think lukaku will tear up serie a and united will miss him. not saying he is a top 10 striker but this is a statement about what i think of the rest of uniteds attack and serie a. didnt a 50 year old guy like me get their pichichi.

united i dont think will be top 4 again. certainly wont hang with city/pool/spurs and unless arsenal has another defensive meltdown they would play united off the park too--arsenal has 3 better strikers than any on united.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
He'll score more goals than CR in Serie A that's for sure.

Inter have a net spend of €100M at the moment, Icardi to Juve?

Zidane82

I don’t see OGS even making Christmas..

As regards the team I think they may surprise a few people.. .those two young players will get some game time but I guess they will be trusting Rashford as THE main goal threat , aided by Martial , Lingard and the forgotten man Alexis Sanchez ... maybe hoping Pogba and Mata chip in with a few goals along the way ..

Zidane82

Lol why a Inter like Inter pays 70 mio for him ? And why he wants to play in a league like Serie A ? :lol:

Money talks plus he’ll be praying that they don’t play a style that requires him to get the ball under control and hold play up —- as he cant do it .

Home of Barca Fans