Roberto Firmino

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't think so, no. He needs the liberty to do what he wants for his type of game and I don't think he would get that at Barca. Also I don't feel he has the quality to play together with stars like Messi or Suarez without going under. A club like Arsenal, Liverpool, Atletico, Dortmund etc. would suit his potential more.

Wait, who are these much better players in attack De Bruyne is playing with? Schurrle doesn't count since he joined in January and he was playing just as good even before he joined Wolfsburg. Are we really going to pretend Caligiuri, Bendtner, Dost, Olic, Perisic, Vierinha and Aaron Hunt are exceptional players? Their team is basically KDB and even WOB supporters won't pretend otherwise, virtually everything goes through him. He makes his teammates better.

Saying De Bruyne lacks pace smacks of complete and utter ignorance. He's extremely quick, arguably faster than Firmino.

12/13 De Bruyne 10 goals, 9 assists for Bremen Firmino 5 goals, 2 assists
13/14 De Bruyne 3 goals, 6 assists in half a season, Firmino 16 goals, 11 assists
14/15 De Bruyne 8 goals, 15 (!!!!) assists, Firmino 6 goals, 7 assists

As you can see it's not really much of a contest.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Benaglio, R. Rodriguez, Naldo, L. Gustavo, Arnold, Vierinha etc are certainly better players than Hoffenheim have. How are 16 goals and 11 assists "not really much of a contest"? And as you might know stat numbers are not everything.

iceon

Took a while before he got into the game, but was impressive in the 2nd half without being fantastic. First touch, very tidy player with good movement.

Jombi

Man U hasnt announced it on their website, so too early to tell IMO.

The price seems absurd as well. Does he have only a year left on his contract?

If true, seems like a weird signing since they have a ton of attacking players now. Unless United really just wanted to stick it to City which has been linked with him for the past half year. I am guessing this will open the way for ADM to go back to midfield :worthy:

Herrera - Carrick
----- ADM
Mata - Rooney - Firmino

Sucks that Bayern will have one less challenger in the mighty BuLi though

Falcao

I'd love him at United. His versatility would be a huge plus but I think he'll develop as a 9, which is where Dunga uses him and he's looked impressive. We've been scouting him for a while but am not getting excited yet.

Home of Barca Fans