Roberto Firmino

EdmondDantes

I think he could turn Arsenal around with Sanchez, I think he's that good. I think he's earned a move away from Hoffenheim and I hope they get the £30 million fee they are demanding because of the way they allowed Firmino to flourish. He would really relish a new challenge I feel.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
They don't just need players, they need a new manager as well. Wenger has done wonderfully for them in the past, winning trophies and getting them in the top 4 consistently, developing young players, etc., but his naivety and stubbornness cost them games. They will never win PL again or CL under his management.

I think he could turn Arsenal around with Sanchez, I think he's that good. I think he's earned a move away from Hoffenheim and I hope they get the £30 million fee they are demanding because of the way they allowed Firmino to flourish. He would really relish a new challenge I feel.

He and Sanchez could be the new Henry and Bergkamp :worthy:

CuleLife4Life

Hahaha. He's miles better than Firmino and will have 3x the career he does when it's all said and done.

Those are big words. Firmino has consistently been one of the best players in BuLi these past couple of seasons. We're just now hearing about KDB because of his good form.

Those are big words. Firmino has consistently been one of the best players in BuLi these past couple of seasons. We're just now hearing about KDB because of his good form.

Look, KDB is several levels above Firmino and it's not even close. That doesn't mean Firmino is a bad player or anything but come on.

And we aren't just now hearing about KDB. He's been highly rated since his Belgium Pro League days and had a better season than Firmino even in his first season in the Bundesliga on loan at Werder.

DrPepper

Being "several levels above Firmino" would mean being better than Messi or at a similar level. Stop exaggerating.

Being "several levels above Firmino" would mean being better than Messi or at a similar level. Stop exaggerating.
De Bruyne is comfortably the 2nd best player in the Bundesliga at the moment and has transformed them from a midtable side to the 2nd best team in the country. He's completely dominating both the Europa League and BL atm.

That's just in terms of impact and influence on teams by the way. Individually he's the much better player as well. Only thing Firmino really has over KDB is defensive workrate.

DrPepper

Wolfsburg were hardly a midtable team before he moved there. Also don't agree with either Wolfsburg or De Bruyne being 2nd best in Germany.

De Bruyne atm is surely better than Firmino but being in a much better team helps him here.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Kevin de Bräune is top class atm, but Firminho has evolved into an outstanding player as well. No idea why one wants to compare the two. One of them usually plays the wing as wide playmaker while the other as CAM.
So different roles anyways. KdB would be too good for Arsenal anyways these days.
Though let's not forget, Arsenal still have Özil for the CAM role. If they get Firminho, would 50M man Özil warm the bench or what? That would just be bad business.

They haven't finished in a European spot since their title winning season, they sign De Bruyne and immediately qualify for the Europa League in his first season, Champions League the next and you're telling me that's a coincidence?

Look, you've already made your mind so there's changing it but for me KDB's skillset and consistency is so much better than Firmino's that you're doing a huge disservice to the former by comparing them.

DrPepper

They got the same amount of points in both half seasons last year. So there was no significant impact since De Bruyne's arrival. Wolfsburg are far from a one man team.

Disservice is when someone claims that a player "is miles ahead" while also claiming that being consistent for 2,5 years "is so much better" than being consistent for 2 years. You're obviously extremely biased and not trying at all to be objective.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

I think TV could possibly be De Bruyne's agent or father, in which case I don't blame him for his bias. I rate Firmino higher than De Bruyne personally, although I admit the Belgian is having a better season, albeit in a better team with many great players beside him. Firmino has been great for what, 2 or 3 seasons now, whereas Kevin is only really playing well in this current season, and the way he played at Chelsea when given the opportunity was a tad underwhelming.

They are both good players but if I were a manager looking for an attacking player I would definitely go for Firmino, as I find De Bruyne's lack of pace and workrate (especially defensively) would be a problem, similar to what Juan Mata has faced in the National team with Del Bosque and in club football with Mourinho.

raki

Kevin de Bräune is top class atm, but Firminho has evolved into an outstanding player as well. No idea why one wants to compare the two. One of them usually plays the wing as wide playmaker while the other as CAM.
So different roles anyways. KdB would be too good for Arsenal anyways these days.
Though let's not forget, Arsenal still have Özil for the CAM role. If they get Firminho, would 50M man Özil warm the bench or what? That would just be bad business.

What about for Barça? Is Firmino a good option since you know Bundesliga very well?

Home of Barca Fans