Roberto Firmino

BenRobbins

Well we should have absolutely no business defending Sterling but I kinda feel sorry for him because of the media campaign against him...and another thing I find weird is people here think there is some sort of League rivalry that fans have that trumps the Club rivalry. Most English fans support their rival's opponents in Europe so any League rivalry that people here think exists is imaginary...

Yeah he seems to be hated by nearly all the football fans in england for no reason. The english media love liverpool (the love in they got in 13/14 made me feel sick) and have made sterling into some huge hate figure which has really pissed me off!

It will probably be the only time i ever stick up for a liverpool player mind you haha.

S7_MUFC

Yeah he seems to be hated by nearly all the football fans in england for no reason. The english media love liverpool (the love in they got in 13/14 made me feel sick) and have made sterling into some huge hate figure which has really pissed me off!

It will probably be the only time i ever stick up for a liverpool player mind you haha.

Yup the whole "how dare he?" thing really pissed me off too...

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
40m for Firmino, 50m for Sterling. The world has gone mad. If we had negotiators like some of these clubs do we could have sold Alexis and Cesc for double what we got for them.

Messi at 250m is looking like a bargain in this market :messi:

Sterling isn't worth 50m, Firmino isn't worth 42m, but Firmino is a lot closer to what Liverpool paid for him than Sterling is to his supposed value.

A lot of people forget how Suarez (and Sturridge to a lesser extent) made Sterling (and that whole team tbh) look so good. Luisito is the real genius :worthy:

Maybe Sterling can play up to his 50m value when he's sold to Barca? :lol:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just fyi sterling price is 70M and firmino deal could potentially reach to 42M, otherwise it is 30M. 50M is the max I would pay for sterling. 70M?!!! Fuck no. In comparison to that pogba for 80M looks much better.

Asylum15

Im sorry but i fail to see where i said he would build a team around sterling? Did you not see that Bayern enquired about him but didn't feel that sterling was worth the £40/50 million? I haven't seen bayern or any club of a similar ilk asking about firmino?

Sterling is massively over-rated/over-hyped my friend. He was made to look extremely good 2 seasons ago due to Suarez/Sturridge, and when the responsibility dropped to him last year, he showed his weaknesses, consistently.

Firmino is more technically gifted, more intelligent. He is not as quick or 'electric' in his movement but for me, he's a better replacement than any Liverpool could have chosen right now, given their circumstances.

Sterling is still extremely young however, we'll see how his career develops.

Truthist

Looks very average to me but I've never seen him play in his natural position which begs the question, why on earth would you play him out of position?

BrazilFan

Looks very average to me but I've never seen him play in his natural position which begs the question, why on earth would you play him out of position?

Because he did well in the false 9 role for Brazil in the friendlies but it definitely isn't his natural position. Either this was a bad tournament or he isn't that good. I'm going with the former because most bundesliga fans swear by him that he is one of the better players in the league and from what I seen he has talent and ability to make an impact.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Really hope he starts tomorrow. There's a lot of rumors that he's in strong contention for his first start tomorrow and Rodgers himself says he's really close to ready. He scored a hattrick in a training match earlier this week and was pretty active in his first sub appearance against Stoke for 15 minutes. Here's hoping he starts and gets a goal on his full debut since he's on my EPL fantasy team :D.

EdmondDantes

I hope Firmino and Can start tonight, Liverpool looked a lot better last week once they got in the side. Both have been training for a month now and should be nearing full fitness. The problem is Rodgers is still desperately trying to justify the utter flop Lallana, whom despite bringing nothing to the table for over a year now is still starting games. It's Bournemouth, essentially a Championship side, maybe Lallana will be able to be anonymous all game like always and score a tap in, this is as his level as it gets.

RaidersGunz

40m for Firmino, 50m for Sterling. The world has gone mad. If we had negotiators like some of these clubs do we could have sold Alexis and Cesc for double what we got for them.

Messi at 250m is looking like a bargain in this market :messi:

Sanchez for £35m and Ozil for £40m are looking quite cheap considering the deals that are happening. Prices are now crazy and It'll only get worse too.

The big teams are desperate for quality players, and there are more powerful teams now than ever before. In the PL alone you have City/United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool 5 huge clubs who are able to spend big on transfers and wages now. Bayern in Germany, PSG in France, Barca/A.Madrid/Real.

Not to mention rich clubs in China and Russia, and also clubs like Milan/Juve.

Home of Barca Fans