Roberto Firmino

zanela

The only non-EPL clubs linked with sterling were RM/BM. Neither is necessarily an indicator of the player's quality. Madrid just love to buy the flavor of the month, the more the hype the more they seem enticed to the player. They bought Illaramendi of all players. lol As for Bayern, it was just a natural deduction by the media given Bayern's pressing needs. Pep doesn't strike me as someone who rates english players very highly if you go by his prev. comments vis-a-vis wilshere. The only one he's ever praised is Scholes.

Anyway, the arms flailing kid staying in england is good news. Watching Bale bring down La liga quality is bad as it is.

S7_MUFC

The only non-EPL clubs linked with sterling were RM/BM. Neither is necessarily an indicator of the player's quality. Madrid just love to buy the flavor of the month, the more the hype the more they seem enticed to the player. They bought Illaramendi of all players. lol As for Bayern, it was just a natural deduction by the media given Bayern's pressing needs. Pep doesn't strike me as someone who rates english players very highly if you go by his prev. comments vis-a-vis wilshere. The only one he's ever praised is Scholes.

Anyway, the arms flailing kid staying in england is good news. Watching Bale bring down La liga quality is bad as it is.

You're becoming some sort of parody version of average poster on this forum..

Hamzah

High Definition Member

You don't like the anti English bias but it's true, players like sterling are overrated, they are less tactically and technically gifted than their continental counter parts. I give credit where it's due to English players like Scholes, terry and carrick who actually have football brains, but guys like sterling and Walcott won't get respect just because of premier league hype.

zanela

The average poster on this forum is still better than you will ever find in any manu related forum. No wonder a manu fan keeps coming back. But ad hominem is all the BF average poster has come to expect from the EPL reps. So do carry on.. The EPL hype machine doesn't work in these quarters.

BenRobbins

But don't you think when 2 United supporters who absolutely despise Liverpool are praising a player this much that plays for your arch-rivals that they are putting any kind of bias aside?

And its not because he is english because i really have given up on the full national team. United has always been far more important to me. The NT just constantly let us down in my lifetime..

S7_MUFC

You don't like the anti English bias but it's true, players like sterling are overrated, they are less tactically and technically gifted than their continental counter parts. I give credit where it's due to English players like Scholes, terry and carrick who actually have football brains, but guys like sterling and Walcott won't get respect just because of premier league hype.

Yup Sterling is just the same as Walcott because they are both English...That's my problem with these sort of generalizations...Instead of discussing what Sterling's strengths and weaknesses are people just assume Sterling is overrated because he's English and he should be similar to Walcott who was overrated as a teenager...I have absolutely no interest in watching Sterling become a world beater because he'll be playing for City but this whole sterling is overrated campaign started after he asked for a transfer and for some reason it's been repeated so often that now people actually believe it...

xavi_the_Boss

After a very good season with Real Sociedad and he also had a great U21 tournament.:rolleyes:

G

Gasgas

sterling is very good, what are you guys talking about?
i rate him highly, up there with draxler, max meyer, rafinha, lukaku, lallana

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Sterling is a decent young player, I'm not denying that, but he isn't and probably won't be world class. He isn't worth 50 million.

I didn't say sterling and Walcott are English so they must be overrated. I just gave examples of two English players who happen to be overrated by media and fans.

S7_MUFC

But don't you think when 2 United supporters who absolutely despise Liverpool are praising a player this much that plays for your arch-rivals that they are putting any kind of bias aside?

And its not because he is english because i really have given up on the full national team. United has always been far more important to me. The NT just constantly let us down in my lifetime..

Well we should have absolutely no business defending Sterling but I kinda feel sorry for him because of the media campaign against him...and another thing I find weird is people here think there is some sort of League rivalry that fans have that trumps the Club rivalry. Most English fans support their rival's opponents in Europe so any League rivalry that people here think exists is imaginary...

S7_MUFC

The average poster on this forum is still better than you will ever find in any manu related forum. No wonder a manu fan keeps coming back. But ad hominem is all the BF average poster has come to expect from the EPL reps. So do carry on.. The EPL hype machine doesn't work in these quarters.

Isn't that statement a bit contradictory for someone complaining about ad hominem..

zanela

After a very good season with Real Sociedad and he also had a great U21 tournament.:rolleyes:

You seem upset. Must be a Illaramendi fan.

There were better performers in Koke and Thiago that tournament. Yes, he did 've a good season with Sociedad and U21. But that short spell didn't justify the subsequent hype or his transfer tag in any shape or form. He's okay, nothing special, not the type of talent who deserves to be playing for spain's big 'uns.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Sterling's current ability is not worthy of a £50m price tag.

He is pretty good in 1v1 situations because of his quick feet, but that's it. His decision making and finishing is absolutely horrible.

Home of Barca Fans