Renato Sanches

Yannik

He´s not technical and not even remotely a good passer. Have you seen him play on a regular basis? And it´s the PT league..C´mon...

based on the videos I've seen from him he seemed to be not limitted in the technical department. Not Dinho like but quite good and it might get even better with age. The league he plays in should have very little saying on this. And he seems to have an amazing physique, great stamina, strength for his height and decent speed.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I could be wrong, but I'd think the Portuguese league, like La Liga is more "technical" than Bundesliga, right?

Yannik

I could be wrong, but I'd think the Portuguese league, like La Liga is more "technical" than Bundesliga, right?

Not wrong at all, portuguese players are usually more technical than most german players. Many lower leagues are quite technical actually, south american for example.

raki

Impossible to play at 10 or any of the forward roles because he had zero end product. Average passer with no vision and horrible at shooting. He had no position and looked to me like someone who dominated his age groups at youth level but wasn't given the coaching to develop his game. We tried to mould him into a central midfielder and at times he showed promise but his conditioning was horrible and he lacked professionalism. Frankly he stole a living from United for too long.

Also Kleberson left years before.

He was a beast in Porto against grown men, even in CL games he stood out. If he had stayed in Porto he would have become a awesome player.
United ruined him and then he ruined himself with the lack of professionalism.

raki

Anderson never had the touch or guile to play as a ten.

One of the reasons Fergie played him deeper was because he needed more room to operate.

United had no 10. Only 6 or 8. A flamboyant kid was doomed to failure in that system. Look at Di Maria. Only sucked at United.

raki

based on the videos I've seen from him he seemed to be not limitted in the technical department. Not Dinho like but quite good and it might get even better with age. The league he plays in should have very little saying on this. And he seems to have an amazing physique, great stamina, strength for his height and decent speed.

Dinho? Are you comparing him with Ronaldinho in terms of technique? Damn. That´s even more outrageous than the price they paid.

I dont watch youtube videos. I watched games. And the league has a lot to say. The PT league has 3 good teams ( Benfica, Porto, Sporting), then Braga ( an OK team) and the rest are poor teams with no resources.

raki

The Benfica midfield is not known by it´s technique.

4-4-2 with 2 CM and 2 very attacking wingers and 2 forwards to create mayhem against the little teams.

Yannik

Dinho? Are you comparing him with Ronaldinho in terms of technique? Damn. That´s even more outrageous than the price they paid.

I dont watch youtube videos. I watched games. And the league has a lot to say. The PT league has 3 good teams ( Benfica, Porto, Sporting), then Braga ( an OK team) and the rest are poor teams with no resources.

I said "not Dinho like", dude, not "he's Dinho". Where is that comparing? His league has nothing to say on his technique dude, it's not a good league, but it has nothing to say on his technique. Technical players can play in low leagues. However, Renato Sanches was pretty decent against Bayerna swell for his age, it's the Douglas Costa set-up all over again.

raki

How's Ruben Neves doing lately? [MENTION=19224]raki[/MENTION]

He has done a good season having in mind the dreadfull campaign by Porto. Only 3-4 players had really delivered this season. He was average. Porto needs a good coach that can get the best out of him.

raki

English media reported yesterday that LVG asked Manchester United to stop pursuing him back in February and there were rumors saying he is 23 instead of 18.

Probably just being sour grapes.

There´s a lot of rumors regarding his age but no oficial proof, obviously.
Even today i read an interview from the coach who discovered him and he said " he went to Benfica with 11 years which is a pity because if it was a year later we would receive a fee from formation rights".

The player said today that he had 10 great years in Benfica.

10+11 is not 18. lol.

There was a newspaper that did a report saying that he was born in 1997 but only registered in 2002. lol.
Funny stories.

But i cant proove it so let´s just leave it to that. Just to establish that the age rumours exist since he started playing in the 1st team.

Last edited:

Falcao

He was a beast in Porto against grown men, even in CL games he stood out. If he had stayed in Porto he would have become a awesome player.
United ruined him and then he ruined himself with the lack of professionalism.

Am sure he did but ultimately he only has himself to blame. Jack Wilshere also had standout performances in the CL as a youngster.

Anderson came into a strong squad that would go on to reach back to back CL finals, winning one and dominate in the PL. Blaming Fergie or United doesn't cut it am afraid.

Home of Barca Fans