Real Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Hey guys [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]

Meh. TBF it's Telegraph. But I'm resigned to it, might even work with some things. But we know what to expect this time so his 'us vs the world' shtick won't work as well this time. I'd give him 2 years max if he's lucky, then any other guy with a positive plan can come in. Most likely Poch.

Trickykid

In fairness, what is 'wrong' about the current predicament? Problems are easily identified. Only need to pull the trigger at the right time. It's not like it's out of control.

You’re absolutely right that nothing is out of control, but you guys will obviously have to rethink the whole transfer strategy involving buying solely young talent, and banking on them replacing all-time greats such as Cronaldo. Cules were whining that you had readily replaced Cronaldo already in Asensio, Marcelo in Theo, Modric in Ceballos/Kovacic, Ramos in due time in Vallejo and so on and so forth. I know you rate Vinicius highly, so leaving him out of the equation, out of all your young guys, who do you honestly expect to make it big at Casa white if the goals are as always; both domestic and European domination?

Uncle Flo is feeling the pressure and will no doubt spend big this summer to appease the rightfully furious fanbase, and my guess is, that the majority of those young guys who (according to many Barca fans in here) were destined to propell you to even greater heights will be shipped out through the back door over the coming years.

All in all, nothing new here, nothing groundbreaking, nothing that will set your club back for too many years - buying talented players is a must, but it’s extremely naive to think that you can rely solely on that, when you’re as big a club as Real or Barca.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION]
Fans are furious because they still see the same team that provided the biggest trophy haul of the century finally take an L. Just sore losers really. I personally don't give a shit about humiliation against Ajax, not a slightest toss. I felt relieved watching it. People somehow get this idea that this is wholly self inflicted and could have been prevented. Sure, maybe... Lots of maybes that got us to this point. I'm merely not that bothered, but I can understand the complaints.

I think it depends how people view football and RM. We are a club of totally borderline emotions. We do shit nobody else does, be it positive or negative. And I couldn't care less about the latter. This was RM of 21st century all along. Huge wins and huge fails. I'd take that any day over robotic systemology employed by other clubs. I'd argue only one team played better football than this RM in this century and put trophies to its name. I'd take that as a major achievement any day. Memories is what fans cherish. Or it's the way I look at it anyway. Give me one time in 20 years where we did something utterly epic and I'd be willing to sacrifice 3 following seasons to see it happen.

Sorry, but I'm kinda not in the mood for discussing tangible transfer solutions for the future. But I know what you're saying. I don't know what will happen. I don't see lots of changes but a few could and probably should happen. Phasing out former leaders is important to make new ones.

Last edited:

Trickykid

[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION]
Fans are furious because they still see the same team that provided the biggest trophy haul of the century finally take an L. Just sore losers really. I personally don't give a shit about humiliation against Ajax, not a slightest toss. I felt relieved watching it. People somehow get this idea that this is wholly self inflicted and could have been prevented. Sure, maybe... Lots of maybes that got us to this point. I'm merely not that bothered, but I can understand the complaints.

I think it depends how people view football and RM. We are a club of totally borderline emotions. We do shit nobody else does, be it positive or negative. And I couldn't care less about the latter. This was RM of 21st century all along. Huge wins and huge fails. I'd take that any day over robotic systemology employed by other clubs. I'd argue only one team played better football than this RM in this century and put trophies to its name. I'd take that as a major achievement any day. Memories is what fans cherish. Or it's the way I look at it anyway. Give me one time in 20 years where we did something utterly epic and I'd be willing to sacrifice 3 following seasons to see it happen.

Sorry, but I'm kinda not in the mood for discussing tangible transfer solutions for the future. But I know what you're saying. I don't know what will happen. I don't see lots of changes but a few could and probably should happen. Phasing out former leaders is important to make new ones.

Yeah, I think I get where you’re coming from. I have always had this strange, intangible notion of relief whenever Barca has been in turmoil. I like the idea of being able to close a chapter, lock the door and throw away the key so that your memories are stored and kept safe. A new, fresh cycle can then begin, but you can always look back with joy on at least parts of the latter. I have learned too long ago, that it’s impossible to be on top indefinitely.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh. Like I dont know what some fans expect. Regularity is a big one I hear. Or consistently good board decisions, aim to be completely error free and make risk free moves that you know 100% will pay off. Lol. Wrong club to support. Perez reflects this cycle of 'extreme happiness to extreme failure'. He builds colossi and people think you can just keep putting a new coat of paint on it and make seamless transitions without it getting knocked down...

As for the youth policy, that's just another avenue Perez explores. And why the hell not? Why would we assume that risky policy will fail? What risk assessment can a fan do without having access to scout insight about Rodrygo, Odegaard, whoever else we choose to get young and hope it pays off? People just go "just give us some fucking security to make sure you don't bury us before 2022 without big stars to carry us". Pff. Okay...

To me it seems that Perez has learned to take Ls much much better too. On the pitch and off it. Mbappe fail he didn't like but it hasn't doomed us yet. The only collateral damage are transitional coaches and a few years to phone in for a still relatively young players who could be competing for trophies if he did choose to spend. But Asensio etc are young. They'll live. Just keep their passion for Madrid strong and we're good. For now. Lots of time to act in case attitudes change and people want out. But few players do and those that do (Kova) pay for it.

Gari

Javi Gómez
Juanma Cueto has just announced in @InformativosTM that Santiago Solari will be dismissed tonight and José Mourinho will be announced shortly as the new coach of Real Madrid.

Zidane82

Hey guys [MENTION=5226]Wolfe[/MENTION] [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]

[tw]1103373736538005504[/tw]

My worst nightmare since seeing that Pepe was still alive and well and could easily be ‘marking’ Messi again in the very near future :(

Zidane82

Javi Gómez
Juanma Cueto has just announced in @InformativosTM that Santiago Solari will be dismissed tonight and José Mourinho will be announced shortly as the new coach of Real Madrid.

Why on earth would they want a repeat of last time and the style of football ?
Plus they’ve seen how he nearly ruined ManU’s season..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Called Mourinho to Real Madrid before he was sacked at Man Utd. My sources weren't bullshitting :coffee:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
D1FeelZXcAwwF6S

Home of Barca Fans