Real Madrid

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
You won't be getting better hair than you would with Llorente, so any argument is quickly invalid. Unless you reverse age Forlan, then I will accept an alternative.

I don't care if Llorente is slow, I don't care if he hasn't started in so long, I don't care he doesn't play for the National team, Llorente is a G. Ronaldo is an incoming player, his headers are good if he is coming from a wide position, he can't stand in between 3 defenders and pin them down like Llorente does. I'll accept him for the bench but I want to see him play and bench Benzema every now and then. We have incredible ball crossers (including Ramos). With Llorente, Kroos is going to get 20 assists of the corner.

Next time that asshole Rakitic scores against us, we will show Barca which crazy haired blonde football player will prevail.

Morten

Hold on a second here.. first you don't play Llorente because he is slow.. to take a page from the medieval times.. when you put a team under siege Llorente is your man...all those crosses from Marcelo, Bale & Danilo needs someone who can easily win any aerial battle .. yes Ronaldo is a much better header but in overloaded goal zone (Think about Valencia game ) a guy like Llorente is what we used to call 10 years ago a post forward..

A DM like is there in Casemiro i hope the new Valencia request won't go through he is exactly what the team needs...

Barcetia.. you forget that Morata is really young the kid is just 22 and he was one of the top scorers in the CL scoring in all the big games including Real , Barca , Dortmund.. he is the future of no 9 in Europe there is no one close to him .. for a debut season in a new league he did great he always had the potential just couldn't handle the pressure in RM and the bench time.. i still hope he stays as the club issued denies about interest in Llorente so there is hope...

Ronaldo a heading God, how many headers did he get last season, 20? Benzema and Bale are not bad in the air either. And on setpieces there is Ramos, obviously, if he dont leave. Not sure if we need much more threat in the air, at least not for the that sole purpose.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Just because Ronaldo scored x amount of headers doesn't make him any better or worse at it than he was before. It's like the argument when discussing if player X and player Y which one is better.. The amount of trophies(which would in this argument be amount of goals) is irrelevant.

Ronaldo is really good at heading no doubt but hes not a power headerer as in the one who would attract 3 defensive players attention and still score a heading goal just through sheer power and being able to direct a header through skill.

Ronaldo is the type who is 70% likely to score if he is unmarked(best in the world at that).

To solidify what I mean is that if for example Zlatan would score 10 headers next season for PSG and you don't see a remarkable change in his way to direct the ball, it doesn't make him a better headerer than he was, he would just be as bad(one of the worst 190 cm+ strong header in the world) as he was last season albeit

MaxY

Devil May Cry
We're linked with Jesús Vallejo, 18 yo from Real Zaragoza. For 4.5 M € (max) he seems like a steal. We should definitely get him. We apparently want to buy him then loan him back to Zaragoza. He might sign a new contract to make his release clause 10 M tho. "The reports that have been coming back are impressive to say the least. So much so that many compare him to the young Sergio Ramos that shined so brightly at Sevilla a decade ago or Varane when he was brought in from Lens.

Vallejo played his first official game for Zaragoza's first team this last season at the tender age of 17 and from then on has been a starter in the back row, even being promoted to captain in the team's last 13 games.

His personality has left everyone gobsmacked both at Real Madrid and Zaragoza. The leadership abilities that he shows both on the pitch and in the Zaragoza dressing room are quite amazing for an 18-year-old and the suits at the Bernabéu believe that he has all that it takes and more to be a great success at Real.

The centre-back, who can also play out on either flank, has a contract with Zaragoza that runs out in June 2019 with a buy-out clause of €4.5 million - an amount that automatically rises at the end of each campaign, making him a juicy morsel that the Madrid giants would love to snap up sooner rather than later."

Morten

Just because Ronaldo scored x amount of headers doesn't make him any better or worse at it than he was before. It's like the argument when discussing if player X and player Y which one is better.. The amount of trophies(which would in this argument be amount of goals) is irrelevant.

Ronaldo is really good at heading no doubt but hes not a power headerer as in the one who would attract 3 defensive players attention and still score a heading goal just through sheer power and being able to direct a header through skill.

Ronaldo is the type who is 70% likely to score if he is unmarked(best in the world at that).

To solidify what I mean is that if for example Zlatan would score 10 headers next season for PSG and you don't see a remarkable change in his way to direct the ball, it doesn't make him a better headerer than he was, he would just be as bad(one of the worst 190 cm+ strong header in the world) as he was last season albeit

Dont agree, Ronaldos ability in the air is simply legendary in my book. He can power it, place it, outjump tall defenders, exploit space between the lines, he does it all. Its not just about the numbers, he has been incredible in the air for many seasons now, so i dont jump to conclusions just because he scored an obscene amount of headers last season.

In my opinion, his heading ability is his best asset, along with his runs into space, i rate it that high.
But of course, we cant rely solely on Ronaldo for heading goals, he cant always come through, we need others. But both Benzema and Bale are decent in the air.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

Dont agree, Ronaldos ability in the air is simply legendary in my book. He can power it, place it, outjump tall defenders, exploit space between the lines, he does it all. Its not just about the numbers, he has been incredible in the air for many seasons now, so i dont jump to conclusions just because he scored an obscene amount of headers last season.

In my opinion, his heading ability is his best asset, along with his runs into space, i rate it that high.
But of course, we cant rely solely on Ronaldo for heading goals, he cant always come through, we need others. But both Benzema and Bale are decent in the air.
He is one of the best headers of all time and I read somewhere he's worked specifically on his jumping to enhance his heading..

Chainsaw

Killahead
He is one of the best headers of all time and I read somewhere he's worked specifically on his jumping to enhance his heading..

With that neck of his he didn't need much effort to specialize jumping to begin with tbh.

ronaldofinsml.jpg

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Cant say i know of him, but if Ramos leave i would go for Otamendi.

Well Valejo obviously wouldn't be a replacement for Ramos but an amazing investment. We can also risk it with Mustafi or Laporte. If we sell Ramos we'll probably panic and pay Otamendi's 50 M € buy-out clause.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Next time that asshole Rakitic scores against us, we will show Barca which crazy haired blonde football player will prevail.

yo Raed... think twice before you call Raki names! :angry:

looks like his goal hurt you bad.... real bad :p

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I strongly disagree. Take away Ronaldo's heading ability you still have the second best player in the world.

Take away his scoring ability, you now have an older more experienced and better version of Jese.

Take away his pace, you have Hulk minus the finishing.

So I would rate his heading ability 4th or 5th with pace, will to win, shooting power and finishing all above it.

Morten

I strongly disagree. Take away Ronaldo's heading ability you still have the second best player in the world.

Take away his scoring ability, you now have an older more experienced and better version of Jese.

So I would rate his heading ability 4th or 5th with pace, will to win, shooting power and finishing all above it.

Lets just disagree then, Ronaldos heading ability is epic. Certainly one of his very best attributes imo. Of course, football is mostly played with the foots, so heading is limited in a way. So his heading ability is not quite the most important skill he have, but its actually what he do best when the opportunity arrises. Of course, he wouldnt even be half the player he is if he solely excelled at that.

Last edited:

Morten

And minus dat ass.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Lets just disagree then, Ronaldos heading ability is epic. Certainly one of his very best attributes imo. Of course, football is mostly played with the foots, so heading is limited in a way. So his heading ability is not quite the most important skill he have, but its actually what he do best when the opportunity arrises. Of course, he wouldnt even be half the player he is if he solely excelled at that.
Last season was the one season he did remarkably good on headers though. Like he's always been great but last season was special when it came to headers. Im standing by my original point that it might just be a fluke, that he just outta nowhere became much better with his head.

I get your point and I agree to a certain extent, I do think your filthy white heart clouds your judgement a bit.

Home of Barca Fans