Real Madrid

henias

Slow down. 0-0 against Pathetico and now they managed to squeeze one goal. Prolly has some decent defence but hardly that frightening. I wouldn't go and say they would win the treble.

LeeRomeno

I don't want to play a perfect fan here because I'm far from. But I can't understand how one can cheer for Real Madrid as a Barca fan.

Even when Atletico were our only Liga competitors and it was derby I think in 2018 at the end of the season, I had a very hard time supporting Real Madrid, it goes against the instincts.

90% of fans of foreign football clubs are supporting some Premier League club. Has been since i grew up. My classmate who i started talkin/watching football together was Real fan. So we always took side of either club when they were playing and it grew into supporting spanish teams overall.

El Gato

Villarato!
Mendy - 1002 minutes in Liga, 13 matches, 11 of them starts, 9 clean sheets, 7W, 4D, 0L. We conceded only THREE goals in the 11 games he started. A goal nearly every 4 games (334 minutes).

Marcelo - 611 minutes, 7 matches, 7 starts, 1 clean sheet, 5W, 1D, 1L. 7 goals allowed. A goal every game.

------------

Fede - 980 minutes, 17 matches, 11 starts. We're unbeaten when he starts. In any competition.

Results where he didn't play: Celta 3:1, Valladolid 1:1, Levante 3:2, Betis 0:0, Sevilla 2:1.
Results where he came off the bench: Villarreal 2:2, Sevilla 1:0, Mallorca 0:1, Alaves 2:1, Getafe 3:0, Valladolid 1:0.

Dependencia is real.

mc_lovin

He has been very good, but I am relieved that Marcelo looks more or less done. I would be much more worried if Madrid still had an all time great offensive fullback (even if that means conceding more).

El Gato

Villarato!
Should be OK so long as we have a great offensive LW, and we have 1 + potentially another really really good one in the making. It's a rather routine dynamic across Europe's great teams, only uncommon in Spain where a fullback must have enough offensive quality at a big club.

It is sad. He's beloved by the fans as anyone else could be. But he's comfortably our largest liability right now. The club will probably rather give Reguilon a punt than take more risks going forward, but there's time to make that decision. Marcelo could probably stay depending how often he wants to play, but he simply cannot be a LB any longer. We could play him as LM ahead of a more solid defender when one of our mainstays is out. Otherwise he single handedly collapses what otherwise is an actual monolith and the risk-reward balance is no longer in his favour.

Home of Barca Fans