Real Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What if James doesn't want to sign with Bayern?

I don’t know, does the player have the right to go against the wishes of the selling and buying club to force a return to the old club? What if the old club does not want him (not James, just in general)? I honestly don’t know.

Morten

Bayern don’t typically do that? Are you kidding me Morten? Ribery wanted to join Real Madrid in 2009 so bad and Bayern put their feet down and refused to let him go. Lewandowski wasn’t happy for a while and wanted to move and Bayern refused to let him go. The reality is, as long as Bayern doesn’t want to let the player go, the player ain’t going anywhere.

Yes, I meant you have nothing to offer them. What is this “something” you are going to offer them? You can’t give them money obviously. Players? What players do you think you can give to Bayern in return? Asensio?

Yes, we are RM and we have "nothing to offer", right....
Money and/or a player the other way will do.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, we are RM and we have "nothing to offer", right....
Money and/or a player the other way will do.

Yeah right, you think you can magically pull something out of Perez’s ass and make it happen just because you are real friggin Madrid and everyone automatically wants a piece of it. Yeah right.

Sure, offer them players that they want. Who do you want to offer to them? I think Bayern would love to get Varane. How about that? The question is are you willing to let him go?

Morten

Yeah right, you think you can magically pull something out of Perez’s ass and make it happen just because you are real friggin Madrid and everyone automatically wants a piece of it. Yeah right.

Sure, offer them players that they want. Who do you want to offer to them? I think Bayern would love to get Varane. How about that? The question is are you willing to let him go?

Its not about "we are RM so everyone will bow before us" or whatever you think i said, because thats not what i said.
Its as simple as this, if James doesnt want to be there in the summer, we could try to work out a deal with Bayern, thats not "Bayern, bow before the mighty RM and just give us James!", its just two big clubs trying to find a workable sollution.

Now, i dont think its going to happen, because Perez is only buying youngsters and isnt interested in proven quality anymore(partly because he insists on stadium upgrade), but yeah, if he really wanted to, i think he could find a sollution.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Its not about "we are RM so everyone will bow before us" or whatever you think i said, because thats not what i said.
Its as simple as this, if James doesnt want to be there in the summer, we could try to work out a deal with Bayern, thats not "Bayern, bow before the mighty RM and just give us James!".

Now, i dont think its going to happen, because Perez is only buying youngsters and isnt interested in proven quality anymore(partly because he insists on stadium upgrade), but yeah, if he really wanted to, i think he could find a sollution.

You are just thinking hypothetically it can happen. Of course hypothetically everything can happen. But in reality it is very hard because the only way you could facilitate his return (provided that you want him back in the first place, not just because he wants to leave Bayern) is to give Bayern a player in return or some sort of non-monetary quid pro quo which is hard to fathom.

Of course, if Bayern does not think highly of him (which clearly was not the case before he had his run-in with Kovac lately) and doesn’t see him as an essential player to retain then they could just send him back.

Joan

I don’t know, does the player have the right to go against the wishes of the selling and buying club to force a return to the old club? What if the old club does not want him (not James, just in general)? I honestly don’t know.

I'm not sure either. I suppose something's up to the player as well. Maybe he already agreed to the terms before going on loan. Similarly, if Paco wanted back, and Barca wanted him back, could Borussia still trigger the clause? Don't think so unless it's been agreed beforehand. On the other hand, a club not wanting a loanee back can do very little. If Everton doesn't buy Gomes (he's got contract with us), we can do next to notning about it. That's the case with Douglas. Nobody wanted him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not sure either. I suppose something's up to the player as well. Maybe he already agreed to the terms before going on loan. Similarly, if Paco wanted back, and Barca wanted him back, could Borussia still trigger the clause? Don't think so unless it's been agreed beforehand. On the other hand, a club not wanting a loanee back can do very little. If Everton doesn't buy Gomes (he's got contract with us), we can do next to notning about it. That's the case with Douglas. Nobody wanted him.

Yeah, I think the wish of the buying club takes precedence over everything else, if they want to buy the player the loaning club can’t do a thing (and vice versa) but not sure if the wish of the player himself makes any difference at all.

Bulgroz

I think the player definitely have his say, even though it probably depends a lot on how the contract is written. An example comes to mind: season 2008-2009, Milan AC loans Yoann Gourcuff to Bordeaux, with an option to buy for 15 millions. This seems like a ridiculously high amount at the time, and nobody really thinks he'll stay in Bordeaux at the end of the season. But he performs on an incredibly high level for a whole season (becoming a starter for France NT and scoring several screamers with Les Bleus aswell as with Les Girondins).

By the end of the season, he's probably worth around 25 or 30 millions. All of a sudden, that 15 millions buyout clause seem rather low. It's still a huge amount for Bordeaux back then, way more than what we ever paid for anyone, but when you know you're buying a player who's worth twice that, money is not that big of a deal.
Here's the deal though: Milan knows they're going to get fucked if they sell him for such a low price. So they set up several meetings with the player to make him reconsider. The plan is pretty simple: if Gourcuff doesn't want to sign a contract with Bordeaux, even if the team is willing to pay, then the whole deal is canceled. Milan can then either keep the player, or sell it so someone else for any amount they want. They try to offer him a bigger salary, to promise him he'll be a starter, stuff like that.

Fortunately for Bordeaux, Gourcuff decided to stay. But it took several weeks of meetings, promises, offers, counter offerts. Which leads me to believe that you probably can't just force a player to accept the deal. But maybe it's just how it is in France though, it's possible that the rules are different depending on the country (for example: in France, when you loan a player to another team from your league, you can't forbid the player to play against your team; whereas in several other countries it's the exact opposite iirc).

Morten

Not the best opposition, but hey, we are actually scoring goals again!
But, we will never win the league with the yearly autumn meltdown, can we stop this nonsense, please?

Devils

Real Madrid are back.

It's unbelievable how they do this. Solari has them playing peak Zidane football. No doubt they will be strong contenders for every competition this year.

Morten

Real Madrid are back.

It's unbelievable how they do this. Solari has them playing peak Zidane football. No doubt they will be strong contenders for every competition this year.

Not the league, in CL you can get away with being trash every single first half of the season, not so much in the league. 7 points up to Barca and the league is 100% lost already.

Home of Barca Fans