Real Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As far as i know we got 100m and it was the biggest deal till now. Real is now getting 10m more than we....

Hmmm, I checked our own thread on the Nike deal and it says we got a fixed 105m a year but could go up to about 155m a year including improved merchandising proceeds etc. Real Madrid’s deal with Adidas has variables too so I imagine we are probably even with them. Makes sense.

One more advantage, ours is up in 2023 so there is a chance that Nike will give us even more. ;)

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Hmmm, I checked our own thread on the Nike deal and it says we got a fixed 105m a year but could go up to about 155m a year including improved merchandising proceeds etc. Real Madrid’s deal with Adidas has variables too so I imagine we are probably even with them. Makes sense.

One more advantage, ours is up in 2023 so there is a chance that Nike will give us even more. ;)

Or less, considering we probably won't have the best player in history at the club anymore.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Or less, considering we probably won't have the best player in history at the club anymore.

Certainly it is a possibility but I think the chances of Nike reducing the amount given to us are pretty slim. They probably will offer us the same amount if they want to renew and if we don’t like it they might just walk away (also unlikely). As long as we remain competitive on the pitch we will attract good offers in the coming years, with or without Messi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Madrid still get 20 mil. more from shirt sponsorship (Emirates vs Rakuten).

I mean it could be worse for us considering people running the club

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Madrid still get 20 mil. more from shirt sponsorship (Emirates vs Rakuten).

I mean it could be worse for us considering people running the club

Real Madrid signed a new deal with Emirates a year after ours with Rakuten. Barca set the market and Real Madrid would only have accepted a bigger offer than we got.

So it's understandable they got more.

That said Barca struggled to get a new shirt sponsor and Pique's contacts helped them out so.....

Nike will probably offer more as Barca and PSG(lol) are the biggest football teams they got and Barca are growing at a fast rate in the United States.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Agreed with Don, I am more worried about us finding the next main shirt sponsor than Real Madrid getting slightly more right now, since if we find one they probably will offer us at the very least what Real Madrid is getting from Emirates, if not more.

Emirates got deep pockets, sponsoring one major club in every top European league (well, Hamburg has relegated to the 2.Bundesliga but oh well).

Morten

Rumors has it that James wants out of Bayern, probably wont happen, but i hope its true, we could really make use of him now.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bayern has this issue with players dictating managerial changes every year TBF. If it persists and Robben-Ribery + maybe Muller don't get a reality check, then it makes sense for him to not want to sign. Unless he already signed? I've heard he's been offered a perma contract and it is completely up to him if he wants to sign. His whole situation is confusing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Bayern decides to trigger his buyout then there is nothing Real Madrid can do just like we can’t do anything if BVB decides to trigger Paco’s buyout. One rumor is that Bayern would trigger his buyout and swap him with Dybala with Juventus.

Morten

If Bayern decides to trigger his buyout then there is nothing Real Madrid can do just like we can’t do anything if BVB decides to trigger Paco’s buyout. One rumor is that Bayern would trigger his buyout and swap him with Dybala with Juventus.

They wont be able to swap James for Dybala, that must be a joke.
Im sure we will be able to work out a deal with them, i James indeed wants to leave them in the summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They wont be able to swap James for Dybala, that must be a joke.
Im sure we will be able to work out a deal with them, i James indeed wants to leave them in the summer.

It was the Italian press that reported that Juventus is interested in James and they might be willing to part with Dybala and I think that is where the rumor came from.

I don’t see how you could work with Bayern to get him back. You have nothing to offer them. Bayern paid for his loan and paid his salary I believe and in the end they get nothing? Unless they totally don’t want James which does not appear to the case.

Morten

It was the Italian press that reported that Juventus is interested in James and they might be willing to part with Dybala and I think that is where the rumor came from.

I don’t see how you could work with Bayern to get him back. You have nothing to offer them. Bayern paid for his loan and paid his salary I believe and in the end they get nothing? Unless they totally don’t want James which does not appear to the case.

If James really wants to leave, i doubt they will insist on keeping him, Bayern dont typically do that.
"Get nothing"? Didnt i say "work out a deal"? You know what a deal is, right? So, if James wants to leave, we offer them something in return, not "nothing".

Joan

What if James doesn't want to sign with Bayern?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If James really wants to leave, i doubt they will insist on keeping him, Bayern dont typically do that.
"Get nothing"? Didnt i say "work out a deal"? You know what a deal is, right? So, if James wants to leave, we offer them something in return, not "nothing".

Bayern don’t typically do that? Are you kidding me Morten? Ribery wanted to join Real Madrid in 2009 so bad and Bayern put their feet down and refused to let him go. Lewandowski wasn’t happy for a while and wanted to move and Bayern refused to let him go. The reality is, as long as Bayern doesn’t want to let the player go, the player ain’t going anywhere.

Yes, I meant you have nothing to offer them. What is this “something” you are going to offer them? You can’t give them money obviously. Players? What players do you think you can give to Bayern in return? Asensio?

Home of Barca Fans