Raheem Sterling

Copperpot

Banned
Great today vs Villa, I remember when he was considered a flop and the new Walcott crazy how far great coaching and trust can make a player progress.

Walcott was just a pace merchant with little footballing ability, Sterling always had footballing ability.

Rashford reminds me a lot of what Sterling used to be, frustrating, but talent is there and if you stick with him, well you can see the rewards City (and England) are getting now with Sterling.

Reports are if Xavi becomes Barca manager next year he will have Raheem as his number 1 transfer target.

That is enough to make me hope Xavi doesn't get the job here. I would go as far as to say I would prefer another year of EV if it stopped us wasting 200m on this guy

Newcomer

Reports are if Xavi becomes Barca manager next year he will have Raheem as his number 1 transfer target.

That is enough to make me hope Xavi doesn't get the job here. I would go as far as to say I would prefer another year of EV if it stopped us wasting 200m on this guy

Xavi or not Xavi, good luck grabbing a City starter and main player.

Andresito

Staff member
Goals and assists in 2019:

Raheem Sterling 53
Lionel Messi 51
Robert Lewandowski 47
Kylian Mbappe 43
Sergio Aguero 41

Zidane82

Goals and assists in 2019:

Raheem Sterling 53
Lionel Messi 51
Robert Lewandowski 47
Kylian Mbappe 43
Sergio Aguero 41

I wouldn’t want him here . For somebody who’s supposedly one of the top ten players in the world ( no way !) he scuffs the ball more than any player I’ve ever seen in the last 50 years !!
Oh and he scuffed a fairly easy shot on goal just this weekend for any doubters

Sterling’s stats are well padded .... sooo many of his goals are tap-ins put on a plate for him by either KDB , Bernardo Silva or David Silva. !

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

I wouldn’t want him here . For somebody who’s supposedly one of the top ten players in the world ( no way !) he scuffs the ball more than any player I’ve ever seen in the last 50 years !!
Oh and he scuffed a fairly easy shot on goal just this weekend for any doubters

Sterling’s stats are well padded .... sooo many of his goals are tap-ins put on a plate for him by either KDB , Bernardo Silva or David Silva. !

Replace KDB with Xavi and David Silva with Iniesta........

I'm not sure Sterling would thrive outside of Guardiola's system. Spend the money on Mbappe

Copperpot

Banned
Sooo many of his goals are tap-ins put on a plate for him by either KDB , Bernardo Silva or David Silva. !

I don't think you watch him much and his allround play.

But just for arguments sake he's also doing the business for England where there's no KDB/or 2 Silva's or Pep system.

Copperpot

Banned
Against the renown super powers of football .. Bulgaria ( England won 6:0 .... AWAY ) , Kosovo and Montenegro

Those people who are saying Sterling is only standing out because of Pep's system.

Messi's critics have called Messi a 1 system player for years, hence why he's so comfortable in La Liga playing part-time cannon fodder in that league hence why he's replicated never Barcelona form for Argentina, i don't believe that, but you are talking in the same manner as these people do. So if you say that about Sterling, do you say the same about Messi?

Fact of the matter is Sterling is doing the business for club and country, give credit where credit is due.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Those people who are saying Sterling is only standing out because of Pep's system.

Messi's critics have called Messi a 1 system player for years, hence why he's so comfortable in La Liga playing part-time cannon fodder in that league hence why he's replicated never Barcelona form for Argentina, i don't believe that, but you are talking in the same manner as these people do. So if you say that about Sterling, do you say the same about Messi?

Fact of the matter is Sterling is doing the business for club and country, give credit where credit is due.

Messi has scored 50+ goals a season without Guardiola for a good few years now. If La Liga is such a bad League, why is it only Messi & Ronaldo who have been able to reach these numbers and no one before them?

I give Sterling credit, he's in the best form he's ever been and I thought he was a lost cause with regards to his finishing but he's proved me wrong. I still have my doubts to him thriving sans Guardiola system and if £200m is going to be spent it should be on Mbappe, not Sterling.

Last edited:

Pub league and pub European qualifying though. Leicester win 9 nil away from home. Would love to see him in a league that wasn't banter spending billions every year to lose 7 2 at home. Give South American qualifying a go. No Liechensteins or San Marino there. Brazil Colombia Chile Argentina and Uruguay are waiting. See how many you score

CatalinR10

Messi had Pep , Tito , Tata , Lucho and Valverde as coaches , each with their own ideeas. They didn't have the same system.

Calling Messi out for playing only for Barcelona is weird since he's played under 5 coaches so far and different teammates throughout his career so far. Same people said that he is nothing without Xavi and Iniesta but he is playing the same after they left. Dude pulled out of his ass a +50 goal season at 32 with a midfield that had both Rakitic and Busquets in it.

Home of Barca Fans