Raheem Sterling

impeh

Hi, its me..
his improvement under pep is pretty remarkable. He used to be a bit similar to dembele, decent dribbling but no real end product most of the time. Improved a hell of a lot over the last few years.

Hopefully he can keep it up for england too.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
his improvement under pep is pretty remarkable. He used to be a bit similar to dembele, decent dribbling but no real end product most of the time. Improved a hell of a lot over the last few years.

I echo you thoughts except for the bolded part.

One other thing he has that dembele doesnt is movement; It's a critical element of the game and dembele's is almost non-existent in comparison.

Copperpot

Banned

People keep praising Pep for his improvement, maybe Pep as helped, but maybe his improvement as been largely down to himself?

He's always shown talent (hence why City paid as much as they did for him), won the golden boy award at Liverpool, at now 24 years of age maybe it's just the natural progress of a talented footballer that all the mistakes they made when they were younger doesn't happen as much anymore and there's now an end product.

Last edited:

jamrock

People keep praising Pep for his improvement, maybe Pep as helped, but maybe his improvement as been largely down to himself?

He's always shown talent (hence why City paid as much as they did for him), won the golden boy award at Liverpool, at now 24 years of age maybe it's just the natural progress of a talented footballer that all the mistakes they made when they were younger doesn't happen as much anymore and there's now an end product.

Nope

xavisionary

60 goals for his club since the start of 2017/18 and another 11 for England. Makes me so happy seeing Sterling realise his potential.

Copperpot

Banned

Nope what? He's not naturally got better with experience? His game hasn't changed all that much over the years, he's always been quick, skillful and a player who got himself into good areas and had large number of chances per game, all we are seeing now is chances he once blundered, he's putting in the back of the net. He's getting more assists and creating more chances for his teammates but is this happening because of Pep or just happening with experience?

I think there's only one aspect of his game you can defiantly credit City and Pep for and that's his pressing. But i think the improvement of Raheem Sterling is mainly down to himself.

Peps quotes on him yesterday:-

====
"His physicality is incredible. He is strong - the day after the game, he could play another game - his regeneration is incredible.

"He can play both sides and he is fast so, defensively, he helps us a lot. He is an extraordinary, extraordinary player."
====

Last edited:

jamrock

Nope what? He's not naturally got better with experience? His game hasn't changed all that much over the years, he's always been quick, skillful and a player who got himself into good areas and had large number of chances per game, all we are seeing now is chances he once blundered, he's putting in the back of the net. He's getting more assists and creating more chances for his teammates but is this happening because of Pep or just happening with experience?

I think there's only one aspect of his game you can defiantly credit City and Pep for and that's his pressing. But i think the improvement of Raheem Sterling is mainly down to himself.

Peps quotes on him yesterday:-

====
"His physicality is incredible. He is strong - the day after the game, he could play another game - his regeneration is incredible.

"He can play both sides and he is fast so, defensively, he helps us a lot. He is an extraordinary, extraordinary player."
====

Again nope.

Can't be bother to explain to you, how the pep & his coaching staff has clearly showed Sterling how to better exploit space & make the correct runs.

But the guardian does a pretty good job of it in this new article

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/24/raheem-sterling-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-romario-book-lu-martin-pol-ballus

Pep is a beast bro, give him any player with the raw talent Raheem has & he will help them to level up there game

Zidane82

He’s a strange player .. goes through phases in the game where he’s basically unplayable yet he’s constantly ‘scuffing’ the ball for shots and even some passes .

He missed a sitter in front of goal by simply mis-kicking it .. it’s rare to see in top flight players yet he manages it every couple of games

Great today vs Villa, I remember when he was considered a flop and the new Walcott crazy how far great coaching and trust can make a player progress.

Home of Barca Fans