Rafinha Alcantara

EdmondDantes

I'm telling you he's legit better than Coutinho lmao if he made 70 appearances last season instead of Coutinho I gurantee he woukd have more than Coutunhos pathetic 5 goal tally.

Pre-Nainggolan Rafinha was looking quite decent. He's not been the same since, too slow and fragile.

feggydinho

IMO he was the best player in the second half, great press, control and decision making but lacking pace. His performance was even better than griezmann to me, but this is just a friendly. It's a shame he's injury prone, hopefully he stays fit this season probably in Valenica.

Always rated him higher than his brother, could maybe at a push do a job at LCM for us, a position we still have not filled and seem unwilling to in the transfer market. However, history shows, unfortunately, that he will be the Brazilian Jack Wheelchair, always injured. A pity.

abbbs97

Always rated him higher than his brother, could maybe at a push do a job at LCM for us, a position we still have not filled and seem unwilling to in the transfer market. However, history shows, unfortunately, that he will be the Brazilian Jack Wheelchair, always injured. A pity.

higher than Thiago? really? Thiago was great in the Bayern match the other night. He would do wonders in our midfield but of course that doesnt mean I want to bring him back.
You must be joking to say that Rafinha is better than Thiago.

I'd sell Rafinha. Whats the point in keeping him here when he has no future? Harsh but we need to do that in order to give players with future like Alena and Puig a chance.

higher than Thiago? really? Thiago was great in the Bayern match the other night. He would do wonders in our midfield but of course that doesnt mean I want to bring him back.
You must be joking to say that Rafinha is better than Thiago.

I'd sell Rafinha. Whats the point in keeping him here when he has no future? Harsh but we need to do that in order to give players with future like Alena and Puig a chance.

Yeah higher than Thiago. Unpopular opinion I know but Thiago is one of those overrated players who are more style than substance imho. Rafinha is almost the opposite - not flashy but very effective, we even saw that last year with his goal vs RM. Agree to sell him only because he will never be injury free for more than a few months.

Messigician

Rafinha is quite creative actually he is more suited to replace Iniesta than Coutinho. It is a shame about the Radja tackle. He used to be quite fast.

Even now I still think he has alot tooffer

Rafinha, creative player and better than Tiago? Thank you for your jokes.
He always looks great at every pre-season.
All these water carriers will have to leave this club for a long time.

Raketa10

Better than Thiago??? Better than Coutinho??? WTF have you been drinking? Rafinha was never fast and his ball control was always quite poor. He is Celta level player and that's it, nothing more nothing less. Truth is he is better than Denis Suarez or Deulofeu but he is not good enough for Barca shirt. He is also not a midfielder nor a winger so he doesnt have his place in 4-3-3. He needs to GO because he is occupying a squad place that can be used to develop youngsters.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Yeah higher than Thiago. Unpopular opinion I know but Thiago is one of those overrated players who are more style than substance imho. Rafinha is almost the opposite - not flashy but very effective, we even saw that last year with his goal vs RM. Agree to sell him only because he will never be injury free for more than a few months.

Ridiculous opinions and then a made up story. Typical comment from you

😂😂😂😂😂

Ridiculous opinions and then a made up story. Typical comment from you

😂😂😂😂😂

Nothing ridiculous about it at all, even the club at the time had no problem with letting Thiago go and keeping Rafinha. Obviously though injuries ruined him.

Thiago can't even get in to the Spain team, one that isn't even stacked in midfield like the past. He is often not even 1st choice at Bayern too. And I meant his goal vs Inter not RM. Still a massive goal in a massive game.

I know why you try to downplay my input here though. Just need to check the Messi thread for that. Got to keep it as undercover as possible eh?

Raketa10

Nothing ridiculous about it at all, even the club at the time had no problem with letting Thiago go and keeping Rafinha. Obviously though injuries ruined him.

Thiago can't even get in to the Spain team, one that isn't even stacked in midfield like the past. He is often not even 1st choice at Bayern too. And I meant his goal vs Inter not RM. Still a massive goal in a massive game.

I know why you try to downplay my input here though. Just need to check the Messi thread for that. Got to keep it as undercover as possible eh?

What are you talking about? Thiago had a very low release clause dude and that's the reason he left and not because we opted to keep Rafinha instead. Rafinha is OBVIOUSLY not half the player Thiago is.

What are you talking about? Thiago had a very low release clause dude and that's the reason he left and not because we opted to keep Rafinha instead. Rafinha is OBVIOUSLY not half the player Thiago is.

Well we didn't break the bank to renew him did we , that says a lot. If he was that good we would have renewed him and gave him more game time. His willingness was always to stay.And I keep saying WAS . At that time imho Rafinha was better. Obviously because of injuries Rafinha doesn't have an international career.

Home of Barca Fans