Rafinha Alcantara

Andresito

Staff member
Good but not good enough. He never will be.
He either accepts being a sub for the rest of his life, or he leaves for guaranteed playing time somewhere else.

Devils

He worked against Inter because Inter came to play passive defensive football. When a team comes at Barca, you don't want this guy on the pitch.

xXKonan

There was a moment in the second half outside the box he was dicking around with the ball and he got tackled which nearly cost us to concede again.

Stayed on the picture 20 mins too long in the second half.

khaled_a_d

He wasn't good but he sort of makes us good, he keep us playing same system EV is trying to make with Messi in the team, it will work sometimes but not always
For a sub that is very good IMO.

hulinat

Definitely not a good game for Rafa and I'm sure he knows it aswell. Should never judge a player based on 1 performance but this is Barcaforum so nevermind.

BBZ8800

He wasn't that good today, but I would still play him over Dembele.

He is still an extra midfielder and that works well for EV.

Dembele was good in the last 20 minutes against tired legs, when Real chased the score.
If Dembele would have played from the start, we would be a totally different team in the first 60 minutes.
A weaker team with less possession and control.
In the 2nd half, we would probably got murdered with Dembele.

People are looking only at: but Dembele would kill them on counters.
Maybe.
But before that we would play with 10 players all the time against Madrid.
Rakitic and Roberto had at least some work and defensive support from Rafinha on a right side.
So, Rafinha was meh in attack, but contributed in other aspects in which Dembele is not contributing in this moment.

So, personally, if we would play match again tomorrow, I would pick the same lineup from today, with Rafinha.

Cule4life

The Culest
So ppl now defending Rafinha saying "he atleast defends" when his role is an attacker. But for Bob they say "atleast he attacks" when his role is a defender. The mental gymnastics....

Malcom can't get a kick being a proper winger but sure "Rafa defends"

FCBfan22

He wasn't that good today, but I would still play him over Dembele.

He is still an extra midfielder and that works well for EV.

Dembele was good in the last 20 minutes against tired legs, when Real chased the score.
If Dembele would have played from the start, we would be a totally different team in the first 60 minutes.
A weaker team with less possession and control.
In the 2nd half, we would probably got murdered with Dembele.

People are looking only at: but Dembele would kill them on counters.
Maybe.
But before that we would play with 10 players all the time against Madrid.
Rakitic and Roberto had at least some work and defensive support from Rafinha on a right side.
So, Rafinha was meh in attack, but contributed in other aspects in which Dembele is not contributing in this moment.

So, personally, if we would play match again tomorrow, I would pick the same lineup from today, with Rafinha.

I wouldn't. I would play Roberto-Semedo combo. When Roberto moved to that RW position he was amazing. What a performance.

Home of Barca Fans