Rafael Márquez

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
a hater disses someone for no reason.

I diss him because he sucks.

but keep gargling his balls, we all respect you so much for it.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm sorry that they aren't Catalan balls. Busquets is a God after all for one good half that automatically erases a bad game before that!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
No, Busi is a god for the season of consistently excellent football that he contributed last campaign and one bad game doesn't alter the fact that he's probably the outstanding young DM in the world right now.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No, Busi is a god for the season of consistently excellent football that he contributed last campaign and one bad game doesn't alter the fact that he's probably the outstanding young DM in the world right now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Busquets has talent, but did you actually watch him last season? Outside of the CL final (a game where Sylvinho looked like a great defender) he was a foul machine.

Last edited:
C

ChuckaOwns

Busquets wasn't actually that good last season...I remember when everyone was on his back for constantly giving the ball away.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Busquets wasn't actually that good last season...I remember when everyone was on his back for constantly giving the ball away.

facepalm.jpg

and I remember when "everyone" was on henry's back saying he should be dropped because he's shit and not contributing.

without wanting to sound arrogant, a lot of people on fcbweb were fucking retarded. a lot of people on here are fucking retarded too.

busquets had a very solid season last time around. he added a real aggression and shone in numerous matches (including turning the first clasico in our favour). he was a bit careless in position to begin with but improved as the season progressed. and then he capped it off with a magnificent performance in the champions league final.

C

ChuckaOwns

ROFL, Was exellent last season, dude seriusly? You get on Marquez's back for losing the ball and then there's Busquets...Why don't you re-post that picture to yourself.

Oh and also i remember when 'everyone' was correct in saying Henry was crap and not contributing, because he wasn't, and sorry Meta we all forgot our crystal balls. But of cource you musn't off becuase you knew Henry was going to be a huge success after a whole 30 something matches of nothing

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
ROFL, Was exellent last season, dude seriusly? You get on Marquez's back for losing the ball and then there's Busquets...Why don't you re-post that picture to yourself.

busquets is 20 and a DM. he is young and can improve, and is not the last line of defence.

marquez is 29 and a CB. he is old and will not improve, and IS the last line of defence.

if a young DM is prone to losing the ball it's a flaw which can be corrected. and it's not a seeeerious problem for the team because there's still a defence behind him.

if an experienced CB is prone to losing the ball then it's a flaw which has endured throughout his career an is a very serious problem for the team because there is no defence behind him and players will likely have a free-run on goal.

spot the difference.

Oh and also i remember when 'everyone' was correct in saying Henry was crap and not contributing, because he wasn't, and sorry Meta we all forgot our crystal balls. But of cource you musn't off becuase you knew Henry was going to be a huge success after a whole 30 something matches of nothing

I did.

I also called piqué as being a massive player for us and ousting rafa from the team when you guys were still licking the mexican'ts scrotum.

but it's okay, not everyone can be as awesome as me.

I think Márquez is a good, experience, albeit injury-prone defender.

agreed.

I think he'll be a great asset for the squad both as a DM in january and a coach for younger defenders (you can't coach being an absent-minded retard, that's innate).

C

ChuckaOwns

busquets is 20 and a DM. he is young and can improve, and is not the last line of defence.

marquez is 29 and a CB. he is old and will not improve, and IS the last line of defence.

if a young DM is prone to losing the ball it's a flaw which can be corrected. and it's not a seeeerious problem for the team because there's still a defence behind him.

if an experienced CB is prone to losing the ball then it's a flaw which has endured throughout his career an is a very serious problem for the team because there is no defence behind him and players will likely have a free-run on goal.

spot the difference.

Firslty i said nothing about Marquez not being mistake prone.

Check my post and then Nolans and as you say 'Spot the difference'
but it's okay, not everyone can be as awesome as me.

Very, very, very debatable....VERY.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Meta, your condescending attitude is really not doing you any favours. Nobody hear is saying Marquez is not mistake prone, but the way you are claiming he "sucks" for making a stupid when he's only playing in the first place because he's spent most of the spring and summer out, and claiming Busquets was awesome last year (your defense of him losing the ball is perfectly legitimate, he clearly has a future, but the way you and Adam are slobbering over him so much has a lot to do with the fact that he's Catalan, something you will probably admit yourself) when he was extremely up and down (as to be expected for a DM his age) is not doing any favours for the genius you are claiming to be.

You were right about Pique, but I'm sure your support from day one has nothing to do with him being a Catalan who played for Manure.

Anyway I'm sick of this argument, we will see what happens with Marquez when he's not being subbed in for the purpose of getting him match fit. If he's gone at the end of the season, it will be under Pep's judgement which is much fairer then either mine or yours when dealing with this one player.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
actually it's because he's la masia, not because he's catalan (although that is nice) that I cut him extra slack. but end of the day I'm not protective of him, if he fucks up I point it out, such as against atleti where he was fucking shocking. but by and large he was ace last season and people were opposed to him largely out of loyalty to yaya.

and rafa makes those mistakes all the time. not just when he's recovering from injury.

I say he sucks and is a retard and a mexican't because it's easier and quicker than giving a detailed dissertation of my opinion of him every time I want to comment. you guys all know how I feel (I say it enough) and it's not like I don't praise his skills either. you just need to relax and stop being so sensitive.

my support for piqué was because I had seen him play and what I saw was a very VERY promising young defender who would excel in a league which is less physical than the PL. he was technically sound, had good game reading skills and top senses for making a tackle at the right moment, plus he's huge and hungry to prove himself, and had spent a year training and playing with the two best CB's in the world (his game still reeks of rio ferdinand).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I like to think Pique can be more than Rio Ferdinand (and Rio is one of the few English players I kinda rate)

Home of Barca Fans