Quique Setien

BBZ8800

Okay then he might not bend over for board or seniors

Try to write a lineup in this moment where amigos won't play:

Mats, Firpo, Lenglet, -, Semedo, Frenkie, -, Vidal, Griezmann

Amigos: Messi, Suarez injured, Rakitic, Busi, Pique, Alba, Roberto
Injured or unavailable forever: Dembele, Atthur, Umtiti

Basically, you can field a team with only 7 normal players.
And even then:
Firpo is bad
Lenglet is average
Semedo is braindead
Vidal can't play possession football
Griezz can't run and dribble or play possession football

So, basically: you can either play Amigos and accept: it is what it is.
Or play other players who are 2 levels worse than them.

Btw. our chances to get KOd in 1/8 of a CL have just increased insanely.

1. We have a new coach
2. Suarez out
3. A coach doesn't know a team and won't have time to install his ideas
4. A coach has never played a CL match in his life

Maybe a new coach will really fullfill our wishes: he will avoid another humiliation in Cl's semis like on Anfield...

... by losing in 1/8, lol 😉

Vilarrubi

I feel a certain unease about this.

I think we will miss Valverde, we shouldn't have gone behind his back

If we end this season badly Setien will surely be replaced in the summer. Valverde would have won La Liga at best, but mostly down to Messi. Was deffo time to go.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If you look his past jobs, he always got issues with the boards of the clubs he trained lol

All the more reason why I love this choice, not only an indictment of the idiocy of this board but Setien will not be a 'yes' man like Valverde has been - he will do it his way, with courage. Courage that has been dramatically absent

draconifire

60 and best club he coached is Betis. This could turn ugly fast.

Since I've turned into a NTC, I have a very bad feeling about this.
Just want the team to play good attacking free flowing football, like Luchos 1st year here. The trophies would come.

Nazario1985

Since I've turned into a NTC, I have a very bad feeling about this.
Just want the team to play good attacking free flowing football, like Luchos 1st year here. The trophies would come.

Your last sentence is the only reason i see they hired him.

He is not the type of the guy who will say i need 200M player to play a decent football.

He will first try to bring most of each player, because yeah some people can't believe it but we have a hell of a squad !! but since EV took over everyone start insulting every player bar Messi !! what a coincidence !

fergus90

Something had to change, I wish him luck. I think anyone coming in now isn't necessarily here for the long haul anyway with the Presidential elections next year.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Absolutely giddy over his appointment. Not ideal timing obviously as this should've been the move in June last year but it is what it is with Bartomeu.

Better still, he has shown the sort of courage to stand up to the board when they fail to support him which, again, makes him a perfectly suited candidate to lead the team with Bartomeu as President - he likely had the leverage to ensure support in that regard rather than undermining him. Quique has never had the resources available to him that he does now, let's see what he can do with it

Marshall D Teach

No matter who the coach is, we will be competing for La Liga. Every single league this past decade we either won or came very close (as in it literally came down to the last day), even under the likes of Tata Martino :lol:. The one exception was when Madrid had an all time great league campaign, and even that could have gone differently had we won the clasico at the end.

The CL is the true test for a Barca coach.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans