Quique Setien

George_Costanza

Like I said before, not my preferred candidate to coach this Barca but for me, he is better than Xavi and Koeman. He has what it takes to make this team play decent football again. Question regarding his authority and how he will handle those lazy ass seniors knowing that he is stuck with them at least for the next 6 months (until the summer transfer window).

His age should be an advantage. A young coach will do well with youngsters but not with our senior players.

Anyway, he got my support.

MagIX

15789554062908.jpg

The first time Setien met Messi was during a Barcelona training session when Pep Guardiola was in charge.

"One day, invited by Guardiola, I had the opportunity to watch Messi train from the side of the pitch," Setien told El Pais.

"I went up to him and I asked him to keep playing until I was 60 years old, at least until I die."

clemente

Mats, Firpo, Lenglet, -, Semedo, Frenkie, -, Vidal, Griezmann

I said seniors, not amigos, why the fuck would you not play Messi lmao

Firpo is bad

Isn't that what you say about Alba?

Lenglet is average

So is every CB at every top club then

Semedo is braindead

At least his brain is still functioning enough to not consider Arthur bad

Vidal can't play possession football

He is a perfect squad player, good coach will find a way to use him as a sub or something specific

Griezz can't run and dribble or play possession football

What is this shit? That is literally what Griezz is good at :lol:. Can you name a single better striker other than Firmino that is more suited for possession style play?

Btw. our chances to get KOd in 1/8 of a CL have just increased insanely.

According to who? You? Our chances went from getting another disgraceful CL exit from 100% to 0%, because at least we won't be parking bus with players that are born to play the opposite style.

El Gato

Villarato!
View attachment 8675

The first time Setien met Messi was during a Barcelona training session when Pep Guardiola was in charge.

"One day, invited by Guardiola, I had the opportunity to watch Messi train from the side of the pitch," Setien told El Pais.

"I went up to him and I asked him to keep playing until I was 60 years old, at least until I die."

tenor.gif

jairzinho

Getting Valverde out was the first step. Now it's time to break up the club de amigos, one by one, the first being Rakitic.

Raketa10

Ideally Busquets would be the second

All of them need to go in summer: Raki, Vidal, Suarez, Busi, Pique...but than again who will play? To be fair there is no chance that Pique or Busi will be sold. Suarez also won't go before his contract runs out, only Raki and Vidal will be sold next summer and that won't be good enough.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nobody whose contract isn't running out this or next summer isn't leaving. They're here because the board rates them and thinks the club owes them something. All you can hope for is Rakitic and Suarez at most, and that's if you convince them to go.

jairzinho

All of them need to go in summer: Raki, Vidal, Suarez, Busi, Pique...but than again who will play? To be fair there is no chance that Pique or Busi will be sold. Suarez also won't go before his contract runs out, only Raki and Vidal will be sold next summer and that won't be good enough.

All of them will be 32/33 when the season is over, except Alba who is 31 in march. That's too much oldies going into a new season. That's a big problem the board has to solve.

Nazario1985

All of them will be 32/33 when the season is over, except Alba who is 31 in march. That's too much oldies going into a new season. That's a big problem the board has to solve.

Yeah let's be the first club in history to sell 7-8 main players at once !! Like players at Barça level are running all over the market !!

First things first.

If a coach can't play good football with THIS squad, he can't do it with any squad in the world !!

MTL_Barca

I think it's less about selling everyone and more about competition and how the club handles "the dressing room".

There is nothing wrong with let's say Pique, Busquets and maybe Suarez staying in itself. Where it starts to get problematic is if they have 0,0 competition for their spots and the board/coach doing everything they say.

I dislike the club the amigos shit as much as everyone else but i think at times it get's blown out of proportion. It's not like everybody besides Frenkie, Messi and ter Stegen has to be sold, some adjustments can be a good start because you can't realistically replace half the starters on this level in just one summer.

BBZ8800

good coach will find a way to use him as a sub or something specific

At least this shit and nonsense will come to an end now.

Semedo: a good coach will turn him into a good player.
Arthur: a good coach blah blah
Dembele: under a good coach blah blah
Alena, Puig: under anyone else except EV blah blah

1. we will see from now on how our players will play under "a good coach"
2. also, people used to shit for years: not a single player in our team improved under Valverde.
Well, we got Setien now, a magician who knows how to play attacking football.
Let's see now whether ANY of our players will improve or all of them will continue their free fall (decline) since they are old, dead, drained and finished.

1. if our players as individuals won't improve, I will be waiting for a lot of answers and explanations since for 3 years we had to read shit how EV was guilty for everything
2. also, as I have wrote already, it will be funny as hell to read alibies when forum's favorites will still play as a shit even under a manager not named Valverde :lol:

Remember something: bar Messi, this is the biggest crap of a team since 2002/03 season.
And you guys will realize that over the next few Months.
Until now, you could have accused EV for everything.
That shit is over. A lot of players will get exposed now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans