Quique Setien

abbbs97

I seriously dont understand why BBZ likes Valverde so much to the point where he wants to see his own team fail under a new coach, if he's even a Barca fan at all.

Richard.H

This is why managers don't usually pick up teams in the middle of the season. They depend a lot on the work done by the previous staff.

There was no work done by EV. We probably could’ve had Messi as a player coach and he still would have the same amount of training sessions as EV.

Part of me feels bad for Setien. He has inherited a train wreck of a team ruled by bullies Pique, Alba, and Suarez. I hope those players don’t turn into kunts it they are rightfully benched

El Gato

Villarato!
Hmmm... that's what rebuilding is. Cut off the older players who can't keep up the pace, and replace them with new young players who have the hunger and the drive to put up the required work.

Outside of Messi there aren't any veterans who can't be replaced.

You were among the group claiming the idea of Messi and co running more on a consistent basis to keep the intensity is not outlandish. We'll see if they can and how long it will last before half of them get crocked. Now's the time. Because selling them in the summer won't be a solution if the board chooses not to keep Setien and his style on the basis it's cheaper to just replace him with someone who doesn't 'overdo' it, rather than half the team who can't keep the pace.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I am reading the last posts now and wanted to say the same:
1. If we won't train hard, we will be a team of grannies who can't cope with younger teams
2. If we'll train hard, we will be a team of grannies who still can't cope with pressing teams plus we will be dead tired and finished in March.

It will be interesting to see which type of a team's death has Setien picked.

Seems like an improvement to me, because Valverde had a team who looked dead tired by March, didnt train hard and couldn't cope against pressing teams. :coffee:

Givenchy

Be honest now.

You're desperately hoping he fails right? Just like you admitted a few years ago you were actively rooting for Neymar to fail even if it hurt the team.

hes waiting for Setien to slip up so he can tell the anti-Ernie gang 'i told you so' that seems more important to him than Barca actually playing watchable football and winning things

serghei

You were among the group claiming the idea of Messi and co running more on a consistent basis to keep the intensity is not outlandish. We'll see if they can and how long it will last before half of them get crocked. Now's the time. Because selling them in the summer won't be a solution if the board chooses not to keep Setien and his style.

What Messi and Co?

If you read my posts carefully, you will see that Messi is the only veteran player we should consistently play from the midfield up. Alba is great physically, Semedo is a beast. Roberto very good and in his peak.

Roberto/Semedo, Alba, Busquets (De Jong can play DM if he can't cope with the intensity), Arthur, De Jong, Dembele (I hear he will be back soon), Messi, Griezmann. Out of these players who has issues with workrate? Only Messi. Not only that, but a good portion of these players are young and fast.

MagIX

I seriously dont understand why BBZ likes Valverde so much to the point where he wants to see his own team fail under a new coach, if he's even a Barca fan at all.

well, on the other hand there were others who hated Valverde so much to the point where they want to see their own team fail, if they are even Barca fan at all

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
hes waiting for Setien to slip up so he can tell the anti-Ernie gang 'i told you so' that seems more important to him than Barca actually playing watchable football and winning things

It's a damn shame. I wished Valverde would work until his last days. In fact before this season started I managed to trick myself into believing he would go all in and do everything his way and force the seniors to work harder with it being his last season. Alas...

BBZ is still a Barca fan and been following Barca for longer than a lot of people here, but he values being right or at least viewed as the one with all the answers that he goes to some lengths almost wishing for the team he supports to fail.

El Gato

Villarato!
What Messi and Co?

Oh don't pretend. You were here for months on end talking how all of your team are capable of running more and pressing as a unit, inclusive of Busquets, Pique, Suarez, Messi, 3/4 of whom are undroppable. Luckily for you Suarez is injured. Unluckily that might actually mean he stays in the club, because he won't get the chance to prove he can pull the weight.

We'll see how it works if 8 or 9 of 11 are actually able of pulling of the plan without a hitch.

serghei

Oh don't pretend. You were here for months on end talking how all of your team are capable of running more and pressing as a unit, inclusive of Busquets, Pique, Suarez, Messi, 3/4 of whom are undroppable.

We'll see how it works if 8 or 9 of 11 are actually able of pulling of the plan without a hitch.

Not pretending at all. I said Suarez has to play if we have a conservative manager, but that Griezmann can replace Suarez under a mobile, fluid system, with a lot of movement. Similar to Jesus and Firmino (also not pure strikers). The conditions have changed now with Setien, if we manage to play his football.

Suarez isn't a lock anymore. You should realize this. For good or for worse, it seems that the team will be run by the manager again, not by the players.

I told you Busquets can be replaced by FDJ, with Arthur and Vidal on either side. Now, Vidal is not young, but the man is a physical specimen. I'm sure out of all mature players, he is the fittest, strongest player, and the one with the best stamina.

Again, we can field a very solid and competitive team with only Messi as the lesser physical player among the 8 players who join attack (the CBs usually hold position).

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Not pretending at all. I said Suarez has to play if we have a conservative manager, but that Griezmann can replace Suarez under a mobile, fluid system, with a lot of movement. Similar to Jesus and Firmino (also not pure strikers). The conditions have changed now with Setien, if we managed to play his football.

Suarez isn't a lock anymore. You should realize this.

If you say so. No guarantee of anything with him still in the team and Setien possibly never having to coach him.

Nicely avoiding issue of the midfield. Again, not so straightforward, we'll see.
E: Didn't see the edit

I told you Busquets can be replaced by FDJ, with Arthur and Vidal on either side. Now, Vidal is not young, but the man is a physical specimen. I'm sure out of all mature players, he is the fittest, strongest player, and the one with the best stamina.

Vidal was getting crocked with increasing frequency the older he got. He came here on retirement/supplementary basis, not to be a pressing strong player with the best stamina. If it's anyone that's fit as a fiddle and won't fall apart, it's Rakitić. But you all hate him and he's kinda garbage under pressure so Setien might not use him. Which leaves you with Busquets at DM and Frenkie at CM. And that isn't likely to last IMO

Last edited:

serghei

If you say so. No guarantee of anything with him still in the team and Setien possibly never having to coach him.

Nicely avoiding issue of the midfield. Again, not so straightforward, we'll see.

Yea, we will see. Plenty have to be right to have a shot, but if we get them right, we'll be stronger.

gregorrin10

It's a damn shame. I wished Valverde would work until his last days. In fact before this season started I managed to trick myself into believing he would go all in and do everything his way and force the seniors to work harder with it being his last season. Alas...

BBZ is still a Barca fan and been following Barca for longer than a lot of people here, but he values being right or at least viewed as the one with all the answers that he goes to some lengths almost wishing for the team he supports to fail.

He's a pretentious twat, that's what he is.

Kul_z

No problem, they won't get near the first eleven in the deciding matches anyway.:lol:

If we can get three veterans in each line: messi, busquets and pique playing near their best surrounded with younger quality players, setien could do wonders. We'll see the next game what he is about. Not hyping nor anything, just looking forward to the next games

Home of Barca Fans