Quique Setien

Vilarrubi

Yea, but we haven't had 2 back to back bad season in a lot of time. In about 15 years. So, if we win nothing big next season, it's almost sure that the veterans need replacing. So, I think there will be a strong desire to prove people wrong and win the title again. Especially from Messi and Suarez, since they run things at the team.

Right now, it seems Setien and his team have backed down, and accepted Messi and Suarez as the top dogs in the team. They will keep quiet and mold the team around them, not around their ideals. This will put pressure on Messi and Suarez to show us that they still have it.

That’s what I’m saying though, there’s no guarantee we do shit next season like some are suggesting here. Madrid look nothing special imo, they’re defence improved, look clueless in some games. And we’ve been one of the shittest versions of ourselves in a while and they’re barely above us.

serghei

That?s what I?m saying though, there?s no guarantee we do shit next season like some are suggesting here. Madrid look nothing special imo, they?re defence improved, look clueless in some games. And we?ve been one of the shittest versions of ourselves in a while and they?re barely above us.

Yea, I remember the grim predictions when we lost Neymar. And despite the Supercup affair, Madrid had a stinker of a season and Zidane was close to being sacked midway. These things are hard to predict.

Vilarrubi

Yea, I remember the grim predictions when we lost Neymar. And despite the Supercup affair, Madrid had a stinker of a season and Zidane was close to being sacked midway. These things are hard to predict.

One things for sure, we need to improve defensively. Like a clown show out there at times, every time teams attack we look vulnerable. If someone (Setien if he’s still here) can improve defence and that attacking threat continues that we saw vs Villarreal anything can happen. I know it’s a sample size of 1 game, but shows it can be done.

serghei

One things for sure, we need to improve defensively. Like a clown show out there at times, every time teams attack we look vulnerable. If someone (Setien if he’s still here) can improve defence and that attacking threat continues that we saw vs Villarreal anything can happen. I know it’s a sample size of 1 game, but shows it can be done.

Yea, one of the big problems of this season, both with EV and Setien, is that this cautious approach, even though it had the purpose of making us defensively sound, didn't work at all. So, either we improve our defense, or we play more offensive trying to score several goals every game.

Richard.H

I think next season will be the swan song of the veterans. One last push before they all go their separate ways (Qatar, Japan, MLS, and most likely back to Argentina for Leo). I do think that alone is enough to give at least 85-87 points in la liga. Expecting Messi to score a lot more goals.

21-22 will be the real rebuild year with hopefully Xavi and a new board.

George_Costanza

I think next season will be the swan song of the veterans. One last push before they all go their separate ways (Qatar, Japan, MLS, and most likely back to Argentina for Leo). I do think that alone is enough to give at least 85-87 points in la liga. Expecting Messi to score a lot more goals.

21-22 will be the real rebuild year with hopefully Xavi and a new board.

If we win any trophies next season, it's good, and if we don't win anything, still good since it will affect Sandro/Bartomeu camp in the election.

George_Costanza

got some spare tickets to the "keep setien for another season" hype train?

Even if we hire Guardiola, you will still bitch and whine. All that cuz Retardo creampied you balls deep.

Everyone here knows that I'm not a QS fan but no matter who we hire, he will face the same dilemma. Instead of bitching and whining, try to come up with a practical solution.

Marshall D Teach

If Xavi's not coming now we're probably headed for another wasted season regardless of whether we fire Setien or not. As much as I'm not a fan of keeping him beyond this season.

Home of Barca Fans