Quique Setien

snowy

EV is probably the most underrated and the most hated person in Barca's history.
Even though he overachieved with this team of washed out players and clowns, led by a horrible board and clown sporting directors.

We should really say: Thanks, EV; good job man.

+1 billion! 'sup EV EVEN STEVEN EVEN received death threats and maniacs breaking into his home, yet he came to games unfettered. Bullet Proof Monk!

Rebel without a clause biaaaatches :rap:

[1:40] He worked with De Jong ... & the old :lol:

Last edited:

Birdy

Points won:
2014: 87
2015: 94
2016: 91 (lol, even though a part of this season is regarded as one of the best in our history)
2017: 93 (+5:4 defeat)
2018: 87 (+4 matches with reserves)
2019: 80-85 points

EV is probably the most underrated and the most hated person in Barca's history.
Even though he overachieved with this team of washed out players and clowns, led by a horrible board and clown sporting directors.

We should really say: Thanks, EV; good job man.

@BBZ8800

Have you wondered or looked what's EV tally on XGpoints for both seasons?
XGpoints=the points a team should have gotten according to XG scores each game

BBZ8800

@BBZ8800

Have you wondered or looked what's EV tally on XGpoints for both seasons?
XGpoints=the points a team should have gotten according to XG scores each game

I have no clue what XG is, except what you have told me right now.

So, I won't analyze those stats since I don't know how they work, what are the limitations and towards which type of matches/teams/number of shots is that system biased.

I guess that XG, like all stats has some limitations and things which you don't see on stats.

Barcilliant

😃 Kills me that some people look back at Shitverde with fond nostalgia!
We played shit football, no fitness, no tactics, no youth development, no intensity......

Shitverde was probably happy he got the boot. He was beaming after he was informed of his sacking. Even that ESPN article mentioned that he was really just a facilitator. He had no power and was spineless. Real Madrid were crap too so he lucked out with two Ligas.
Anyway its time to look forward not backwards. We need to get rid of the seniors and hopefully Barto gets a big name pragmatic manager who can make the most of a bad situation. It's just next season and we will see the back of Barto and his clowns.

BBZ8800

😃 Kills me that some people look back at Shitverde with fond nostalgia!
We played shit football, no fitness, no tactics, no youth development, no intensity......

Again, you are comparing EV with Pep.
A general state of Barca is a free fall for the last 7 years, except 12 Months under Lucho.

Let's see those factors under other coaches:

Quality of football:
Tata = shit
Lucho = shit in 2014, world class in 2015, meh in 2016, shit in 2017
Ev = meh in 2017/18, shit later
Setien = shit all the time

So, we were shit for 6 out of the last 7 years regardless of EV.

Fitness:
Tata = shit
Lucho = ok-ish, but we were dead in CL rounds
EV = shit
Setien = shit

More or less, our fitness is shit for 7 years due to old amigos who are physically and mentally drained after winning for 15 years.

Tactics:
Tata = lol. Remember the 2nd part of a season when we made fun on a chat during matches: Alves 12, 13, 14, 15 crosses.
We couldn't break buses, we were clueless, and Tata tried all sorts of weird tactics.
We were losing points on every away match.
In the last 6 rounds, we slipped 4 times:
Granada:Barca 1:0
Barca:Getafe 2:2
Elche:Barca 0:0
Barca:Atletico 1:1.
Add to those a CL exit from AM in April.
So, out of the last 8-9 matches, we slipped in 5.
Yet we had Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Fabregas, Messi, Neymar, Alves.
Did EV have such a team?
Lucho = shit tactics in 2014 with wide midfield. World class in 2015. Shit later when he even moved to 343 with Roberto as a hybrid Rb-Rm.
Ev = bad tactics
Setien = even worse

So, in the last 7 years, we had good tactics for 12 Months, regardless of EV.

Youth development:
Tata = Bartra, Montoya iirc?
Lucho = Rafinha, Roberto, Munir, Sandro, Gumbau, Samper, Bartra, Deulofeu lol
EV = Deulofeu, Alena, Puig, Wague, Fati
Setien = Fati, Puig

We had 7 seasons of shit La Masia where our only useful product was Sergi Roberto.
And Rafinha, but he was injured all the time.

So, basically, everything what you mentioned about EV's flaws is actually a picture of Barca's last 7 years.

Except that EV won both La Ligas in his 2 years of his charge and we will never know how his 3rd season would have ended.

Barca in general has huge problems due to the end of a winning generation, yet people are attributing those problems to EV, as if he has caused those problems.

The best example is mentioning 2 CL humiliations under EV, even though only 4 months earlier we lost 4:0 to Psg and 3:0 to Juve with "a mighty MSN", but hey: our humiliations started with EV...

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Again, you are comparing EV with Pep.
A general state of Barca is a free fall for the last 7 years, except 12 Months under Lucho.

Let's see those factors under other coaches:

Quality of football:
Tata = shit
Lucho = shit in 2014, world class in 2015, meh in 2016, shit in 2017
Ev = meh in 2017/18, shit later
Setien = shit all the time

So, we were shit for 6 out of the last 7 years regardless of EV.

Fitness:
Tata = shit
Lucho = ok-ish, but we were dead in CL rounds
EV = shit
Setien = shit

More or less, our fitness is shit for 7 years due to old amigos who are physically and mentally drained after winning for 15 years.

Tactics:
Tata = lol. Remember the 2nd part of a season when we made fun on a chat during matches: Alves 12, 13, 14, 15 crosses.
We couldn't break buses, we were clueless, and Tata tried all sorts of weird tactics.
We were losing points on every away match.
In the last 6 rounds, we slipped 4 times:
Granada:Barca 1:0
Barca:Getafe 2:2
Elche:Barca 0:0
Barca:Atletico 1:1.
Add to those a CL exit from AM in April.
So, out of the last 8-9 matches, we slipped in 5.
Yet we had Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Fabregas, Messi, Neymar, Alves.
Did EV have such a team?
Lucho = shit tactics in 2014 with wide midfield. World class in 2015. Shit later when he even moved to 343 with Roberto as a hybrid Rb-Rm.
Ev = bad tactics
Setien = even worse

So, in the last 7 years, we had good tactics for 12 Months, regardless of EV.

Youth development:
Tata = Bartra, Montoya iirc?
Lucho = Rafinha, Roberto, Munir, Sandro, Gumbau, Samper, Bartra, Deulofeu lol
EV = Deulofeu, Alena, Puig, Wague, Fati
Setien = Fati, Puig

We had 7 seasons of shit La Masia where our only useful product was Sergi Roberto.
And Rafinha, but he was injured all the time.

So, basically, everything what you mentioned about EV's flaws is actually a picture of Barca's last 7 years.

Except that EV won both La Ligas in his 2 years of his charge and we will never know how his 3rd season would have ended.

Barca in general has huge problems due to the end of a winning generation, yet people are attributing those problems to EV, as if he has caused those problems.

The best example is mentioning 2 CL humiliations under EV, even though only 4 months earlier we lost 4:0 to Psg and 3:0 to Juve with "a mighty MSN", but hey: our humiliations started with EV...

Haha calling Luchos 2015-2016 team meh season. We won the league Vs prime Atletico and Madrid. Lost in CL versus Atletico because we got super lucky not to finish our chances in the first round. That was brilliant season. We were still the best in the world. 2016-2017 things became worse for sure, because lack off bench.

Tackle

Setien: "Suarez is a player who has to be on the pitch. We have confidence in him."

Can't make it up. :lol: Nobody can be worse than EV? :coffee:

ILCAML

We have read the same for million times under RV.
Anyone would be better.
No one can be as bad.

So, a serious question: what on Earth has fkng Pimienta achieved that we should say that he will be better than Setien?

Ev won titles with Olympiacos and 2 titles with granny Barca.
People said no one could be worse than him.
We changed a guy who won titles in Greece and Spain with a weaker guy who coached 10th placed teams.

Now we should accept Pimienta.
We are changing Setien, who had at least coached La liga teams.

On the other hand, Pimienta is an absolute nobody from a B team.

So, instead of "everyone would be better than Xx", a reality is closer to "90% more likely, Pimienta will be equal or probably even worse than Setien."

Why are you guys so optimistic?

Exactly.

We want changes but what it comes down to in the end everyone wants another unproven hipster coach, bunch of kids in the first team etc.

We need a coach who has experience, who has won trophies, who has managed big teams and knows how to deal with big players. Stop looking around the corner all the time hoping to see the next Pep, Xavi or Iniesta. People like that come once in a lifetime. World has moved on and so we need to move on too. Stop looking for a perfect Barca DNA player or coach. I guarantee most of these players don't look nearly as finished as they do now with a real coach, man manager and tactician.

If I were in charge I wouldn't hesitate to call Max Allegri and work out a deal. Before anyone goes with the superficial "Allegri=Valverde/Mourinho" etc. - No, he's not like that. At the start of his career he was very much known as an offensive coach, fast and direct football. And both his title-winning Milan and then Juve for the majority of time played really good football, possession based, scoring 2 goals per game. He's not offensive or defensive, he wants balance. But whenever he had good technical players his teams played very well.

His biggest strengths are adaptability in tactics and his man management. His Juve never played the same formation two years in a row, they changed so many players and never delivered specific players he wanted and he always adapted instead of being stubborn. And all his current and ex players always single out his man management as a great attribute. He knows how to push buttons. And iirc Messi and Suarez respect him a lot.

We don't really have wingers so I would expect to finally see our best formation IMO - 4312. Pjanić-De Jong-Vidal behind Messi behind Suarez-Griezmann.

Messigician

Surprised this bum hasn't been sacked yet.

News broke an old Barca manager has been contacted last time I spoke about him I was given a week long ban and told not go leak anything.

If I speak I am in big trouble. Just know it is very likely an old manager will he returning to the camp nou

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This man says Suarez *has* to play because of everything he has done for the club.

Who cares about form, injury status, actual merit :thinking: This is what separates the best managers from the these bums we keep hiring. No cojones.

serghei

This man says Suarez *has* to play because of everything he has done for the club.

Who cares about form, injury status, actual merit :thinking: This is what separates the best managers from the these bums we keep hiring. No cojones.

I use to think this too. But the problem is indeed bigger than the manager. Bigger than some of us thought.

Not necessarily because an elite manager can't fix most of the problems, but because elite managers by definition have options, and they wouldn't really have a go at revolutionizing Barcelona at this point in time.

So, yes, an elite manager would fix us to a good degree. No, it's not likely we'll get one until the problems are fixed institutionally, meaning a new board instilling, again, the power of principle at the club. The power of principle means everyone is treated the same, nobody having any special role, with special powers. Who doesn't comply, out.

We are not ready yet for such drastic measures.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Remember how Suarez had an interview 1-2 years ago where he said that he knew his time was coming up and a young striker had to be bought? Me neither. Messi and Suarez are playing as if it is a charity match these days. Pathetic to watch.

serghei

Remember how Suarez had an interview 1-2 years ago where he said that he knew his time was coming up and a young striker had to be bought? Me neither. Messi and Suarez are playing as if it is a charity match these days. Pathetic to watch.

Totally, as if the whole purpose of our team is to run for them, and given them the ball for them to try combining with each other and score. :lol:. Every time they lose the ball the cycle is repeated. Suarez is even worse, because, hilariously, despite all of this, he still has the nerve to yell at other players.

Such self-entitlement is very rare to see.

khaled_a_d

Well, up to this day no young striker was bought.

Home of Barca Fans