Qatar Airways until 2020

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Think I'd prefer the company bartomeu said he had a deal with, rakuten. But no word about it so far. Most of barto's meeting have been about espai barça.

Flavia, I thought it was Laporta who proposed Rakuten?

For those of you who didn't know already, Rakuten is an online marketplace kind of like Amazon.com from Japan.

frog-fcb

Most likely due to.the fact they are unknown they are more willing to spend the major bucks to get there name slapped all over the front of our jerseys. Well known firms like apple and microsoft have no need to sponsor anyone as they are such well known brands

frog-fcb

How much has sponsoring us actually helped qatar airways over the past few years. I think they have been named the worlds best airline for a few years now. But what were they like before they began sponsoring us

F

Flavia

by that logic why do big companies even spend anything on marketing?

They already spend enough on marketing, there's no incentive to do more. They could sponsor teams too, but not for 60m a season. As intel sponsor Barça.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
by that logic why do big companies even spend anything on marketing?

My thoughts are that big companies already enjoy name/brand recognition so they don't necessarily need to spend more money doing that, which is exactly what football jersey sponsorship does. Instead, big companies focus on other aspects of marketing, such as specific product awareness, market research, positioning etc.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Key is to reduce the wage bill. There's only so much sponsorship can cover.

Real Madrid should be a reference point for Barcelona when it comes to players contracts. One should not join Barca to get themselves settled for life. One joins to play for the best football club in history, to win trophies and personal challenge. Later on you can join oil clubs/epl where they pay everything.

In short: Barca wage bill is biggest in the world among football clubs. I could be wrong but I think I read it was biggest in all sports on the planet.

JamDav1982

Key is to reduce the wage bill. There's only so much sponsorship can cover.

Real Madrid should be a reference point for Barcelona when it comes to players contracts. One should not join Barca to get themselves settled for life. One joins to play for the best football club in history, to win trophies and personal challenge. Later on you can join oil clubs/epl where they pay everything.

In short: Barca wage bill is biggest in the world among football clubs. I could be wrong but I think I read it was biggest in all sports on the planet.

There was a study done this year or last that showed Barca was third highest paying football club in the world behind Man City and Real Madrid.

Will try to find it.

Almost every big player that has joined Barca most likely could have made a lot more money elsewhere as could the likes of Messi. The players are accepting less money to play at Barca.

Even if Real are even on wages with Barca then they are getting terrible value for their money. Just look at the trophy count of the two.

Last edited:

Alarcón

It's not anymore, Bojan. City and I think 2-3 other clubs have overtaken Barça. For all of their flaws the current board has actually managed to handle the wage bill reasonably well. It was also the reason they tried to get rid of Dani, Villa, Song etc.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
...and held firm on Dani's demands. I know they are doing something. Stil, City has unlimited resources and Real has a higher revenue.
I still doubt we are spending less than Real.

Home of Barca Fans