Qatar Airways until 2020

jamrock

The Qatar airways deal was crap from day one, 30+m euros per season for the shirt, training Jersey and Masia I think.

Co0ter

given that barca are one of the top 2/3 brands in world football/sports, any deal we get should reflect that, especially given our success over the past decade, and especially given that we have seen the deals signed by the likes of Man Utd, chelsea and the rest.

I mean if you are going to sell out, to some of the wealthiest people in the world at least do it properly, Man utd and getting crazy money from Chevy and DHL, While we have sold out everything at the club to Qatar for less, than Man Utd are getting from Chevy.

A few questions one needs to ask are:

are Man Utd a club that are orders of magnitude bigger than Fc Barcelona, if at all?
are chelsea a club, close to the size of FC Barcelona?.
are real madrid a much more popular and bigger club than Fc Barcelona?.

the answer to all of this is No, yet all these clubs are growing their revenues faster than us over the past couple of years.

Why? Because they all know how to successsfully market themselves.

Man Utd: Oh we are the biggest club in the world, our brand value is xzy
Real: We are the biggest, Must successul club in sports, give us more money

While this current Fc barcelona Board, has the most successful team in modern football, with the best player in history. two of the most liked players in the world( xavi and iniesta), the most popular young player in the world, a Handsome devil in pique at the back.

Yet they have failed to give Value to the Barcelona Brand over the years?

are you kidding me
Going to have to agree 100% with everything, including the breakdown of the marketability and fame of our players. Not to mention our recent success and treble winning season. No team should presently have a better deal than us...especially if we are being sponsored by a questionable organization with almost infinite money.

Nowhere near good enough. I guess they thought double of the past shitty deal would be good enough.

Last edited:

Galning

I don't think they had the club in mind while signing that deal to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if money was slipped under the table to most of the Barcelona board members. The deal is "okay" but as everybody says it should be a lot better than just "okay" or "fine".

That's why I hope the stadium renovation will be done by somebody else, not the current board of gangsters.

Altomonte

Qatar got a huge advantage from Barca's recent triumphs without paying extra for the global exposure. Association with Qatar remains questionable due to suspicions of links to terrorism. If we continue we should get highest annual base payment compared to other top clubs, and we should insert incentive payments like
1) extra $5M for reaching CL SEMIFINAL
2) extra $10M for reaching CL FINAL
3) extra $10M for winning CL FINAL
4) extra $10M for winning ballon d'or

Barcilliant

Man, that's a lousy deal. We have won 2 trebles, 4 champions leagues, have the best player in history and this is what we get??????

One of the reasons Barca get a lousy deal is BECAUSE they are not English! RM have a deal with Emirates that I believe is worth 39 million a season. IMO Real are WAAAY bigger then Chelsea and Utd put together. These Global Anglo Corporates will always favour an English side. Look at Espn and their website. Its like La Liga, Seria A and the CL are sideshows.

Chelsea managed to attract 85,000 people here in Sydney, Australia for a meaningless friendly. 85,000!!! A shite, boring team like Chelsea!

We don't get the coverage and exposure we deserve in the English speaking world.

Barcilliant

People also forget how poorly La Liga is marketed. The EPL is a very slick marketing machine. It has also made major inroads into the Asian market. China & India alone have 2 billion plus people.

The last time we toured Asia we didn't exactly endear ourselves to the locals and we haven't been back since.

The Spanish League and FCB have to up their game in terms of marketing and exposure.

jamrock

Barcelona get tons of exposure in the English speaking world,especially in the states, I rarely see man utd and the likes on ESPN. But I have seen barca and messi, too often to count.

Even just walking around NY you see Barcelona jesery than any other by far. If you say barcelona and messi, the average person knows. If u ask them to name a Chelsea or man utd player the draw a blank most times. But they do know the premier league more than LA liga. But the point is, Barcelona has surpassed LA liga as a brand and we are in ourselves as popular as any team in it.

Are man utd the most popular team in the world hell noo, that was in a time gone by. But that's their marketing plan and they stick to it. What's Barcelona's marketing plan for our current board?.

Last edited:

slvtn

Well the club should be able to find a sponsor that pays the same and doesn't violate human rights. I've said it and will say it, again: Having Qatar and Unicef on one shirt is a huge contradiction.

Home of Barca Fans