Qatar Airways to appear on Barça shirt from 2013/14 season

Jadentheman

There's the catalan shirt everyone wanted. Catalunya in even worse bankruptcy, sure seems like a good time to secede the union :D

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
There's the catalan shirt everyone wanted. Catalunya in even worse bankruptcy, sure seems like a good time to secede the union :D

Everybody wants transfers but for that money is needed. Let the quatari millions come!

Spain is in bankrupcy and Catalunya is even worse.

That really isn't the case... Catalonia is still one of the richest regions in Spain, although it's one of the regions that have been hit the hardest due to the amount of companies there. Still, regions like Extremadura, the Canary Islands and Galicia are much worse off.

mittchan82

The Qatar fonts are way too big and it almost make it seem like we're advertising the country not just the airline.

I still can't help but to think that this is related to Qatar trying to justify why they should host the 2022 WC in their country, while they've never reached the finals.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
That really isn't the case... Catalonia is still one of the richest regions in Spain, although it's one of the regions that have been hit the hardest due to the amount of companies there. Still, regions like Extremadura, the Canary Islands and Galicia are much worse off.

It's true that Catalonia's debt is worse than the Spanish average, but that doesn't tell the whole story, so yeah, other regions are in much worse shape.

what the fuck is that thing

disgusted-meme.png

LeoGetz

I never opposed shirt sponsoring, but this deal turns out to be a joke. Arsenal with their new Emirates deal will get more than Barça. Manchester United will almost get double what Barça get from 2014 on. Rosell and his crew got taken by Qatar. THE football team, for many the best ever, with the best player ever, and all we get is 30 million a year?

Rosell and Co. should be chased into the qatari desert for this deal.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
since we got a sponsor I will never buy a Barça shirt now.. I will just wear the old ones and maybe buy some training shirts

sad day seeing us sell out sad indeed

Tomchin

I never opposed shirt sponsoring, but this deal turns out to be a joke. Arsenal with their new Emirates deal will get more than Barça. Manchester United will almost get double what Barça get from 2014 on. Rosell and his crew got taken by Qatar. THE football team, for many the best ever, with the best player ever, and all we get is 30 million a year?

Rosell and Co. should be chased into the qatari desert for this deal.
At the moment when they signed the deal it was the best sponsor deal ever in football, no? Maybe there's a clause in the contract that allows renegotiation when other clubs (like arsenal and manutd apparently) get a better deal, dunno.

Home of Barca Fans