Qatar Airways to appear on Barça shirt from 2013/14 season

Galning

Predictable and probably planned from the get go. They put a non-profit organisation first to limit the outcry and when no one cares anymore they put the commercial brand. The key word has always been "Qatar" and not "Foundation".

Exactly, but as Corb said this was not what the assembly wanted.

numero

$andro don't need no assembly!

I propose this for the new Barca anthem:

I think if your mother or father was in huge debt and suppose if you have get a job that can eradicate your debt and bring smile to your parents you would have done the same thing . The morale high ground that you a lot of guys take in here would exactly do the opposite if you face a same situation in real life and that's quite pathetic because inside your mind also each one of you are money mongers running for success and glory for survival.

so please stop this nonsense talk . FCB needs atleast 4 more years of these external sponsorships to write off a huge number of internal debt and have a good solvency ratio.

I agree it's all business , but we need this business for our survival . For a good lineup that you most of the guys want to see always and the complains you guys do that we should buy him or him because he is great & best etc etc in the transfer section. for development and for bright future.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think if your mother or father was in huge debt and suppose if you have get a job that can eradicate your debt and bring smile to your parents you would have done the same thing . The morale high ground that you a lot of guys take in here would exactly do the opposite if you face a same situation in real life and that's quite pathetic because inside your mind also each one of you are money mongers running for success and glory for survival.

so please stop this nonsense talk . FCB needs atleast 4 more years of these external sponsorships to write off a huge number of internal debt and have a good solvency ratio.

I know the justifications behind it (though FCB's revenue is huge with or without the sponsorship, this is the most marketable team in the world by a considerable margin), even though Barca is financially in better shape than 99% of the clubs out there. But I find it hilarious how Rosell hid this from everyone and played up the charity element.

A club in financial crisis wouldn't be proposing this:
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20121...uevo-estadio-pegado-camp-nou_54355263467.html

numero

I know the justifications behind it (though FCB's revenue is huge with or without the sponsorship, this is the most marketable team in the world by a considerable margin), even though Barca is financially in better shape than 99% of the clubs out there. But I find it hilarious how Rosell hid this from everyone and played up the charity element.

A club in financial crisis wouldn't be proposing this:
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20121...uevo-estadio-pegado-camp-nou_54355263467.html

Agreed with you. But don't forget this a huge club and as you said , most marketable team in the world . We create a lot of revenues and also at the same time our expenditure table is not small at all. Plus , debt arises every year . And at the same time we also pay off certain amount of debt every year. So it depends on the ratio basically. We have been able to write off a lot of debt in past year and we must continue to do so for our survival and future .

Just think of it as a State. A state run by local governments have huge internal debts and they basically trust the nation government for loans so that they can do development works. But at the same time they collect state taxes on a local level and other revenue options to write off debts every year but that does not mean they don't do development works for their local people. If they didn't then their would not have been any development .

So it's the same scenario. We are writing off debt and also at the same time continuing our development works.

F

Flavia

I suppose it's time for this gif again:

rosellqatar.gif

I hope the goat is not on the shirt, at least. 1st it was a tree, now a goat :shakeshead:

JonM

The Qatar Airways logo is better than the Qatar Foundation one. Nothing can be worse than that ugly font.

barcanuck

Not sure how I feel about this, but hey we have to get with the times. As long as unicef is still on the back it will make Mourinho mad. Someone has to finance the purchase of Neymar I guess.

dodi1982

I suppose it's time for this gif again:

rosellqatar.gif

I hope the goat is not on the shirt, at least. 1st it was a tree, now a goat :shakeshead:

Did anybody else outbid Qatar "whatever" and Rosell turned them down ?

Goat, Pig or a chicken is not that big of a deal,IMO.

Home of Barca Fans