Principle of agreement with ManCity for Bravo

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, he likely has a grudge with this board, we know there's a huge amount of friction there. We also know something happened during Tito's last days that also caused friction between the lifelong friends & cules. But what we don't know is whether he's done any harm to the club, there's just zero evidence of that. So rather than go by the body of someone's work over their entire life, I'm not even speaking about professional career but the entirety of their lives - Pep is blaugrana, through & through

For all the concept of Pep being Blaugrana, through & through..... The board was actually much worse towards Johan Cruyff for example, but have you seen him going out and criticizing the board? Complaining to the public that the board did not give him enough respect? The visionary maintained his staunch silence and dignity!

Pep on the other hand complained...... And he didn't stop there either! He started tapping players, despite the word that he gave when he left!!

Sincere gratitude for all that he has done fore the club but no he's not through & through Blaugrana any more! May be when he retires from professional football and returns home, but not now!!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
For all the concept of Pep being Blaugrana, through & through..... The board was actually much worse towards Johan Cruyff for example, but have you seen him going out and criticizing the board? Complaining to the public that the board did not give him enough respect? The visionary maintained his staunch silence and dignity!

Yes, Cruyff did - terrible point to try & make

Pep on the other hand complained...... And he didn't stop there either! He started tapping players, despite the word that he gave when he left!!

Sincere gratitude for all that he has done fore the club but no he's not through & through Blaugrana any more! May be when he retires from professional football and returns home, but not now!!

It's the mediacized generation, we don't have opinions we just 'like' them

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep was Barcelona. Now he is man city.

No. You don't take blaugrana out of a lifelong cule? This isn't Figo we're talking about, a mercenary. There is no was in that sentence, that's the problem for many who are all too short sighted are failing to grasp - he is Barcelona.

There're people more blaugrana than him, too. In the city of bcn, and in the club as well.

Name one person with his credentials, dedication and success with the club - no one, not even Messi. Leo would even tell you this. Ask Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique et al on twitter if he is or was Barcelona - no one would hesitate

Pep already did wrong by bringing Cesc back, and now with Bravo. He won't try to sign Messi, but I'm curious if you stance will be the same if he tries to sign Neymar, or another good player, from us.

Cesc coming back was inevitable and it was as much about Laporta correcting a wrong as it was Pep trying to bring back a local boy to make his team stronger, after they won everything there is to win which no one had done before. Now you want to trash his signings? Of course he's made mistakes, said nothing about him being infallible in the transfer market - Chygrinskiy is a big black eye for him.

I talked about his integrity, he would never hurt the club intentionally - no way. And for fans, cules no less, to even question that really beggars belief - I mean, no one is sacred to you guys. Do you realize how different any of our lives would be without Pep in it? That clearing out of overpaid, lazy stars that could've even seen Messi depart - it would have really been a dark stretch for the club rather than the style that has shaped a generation of football. Everything is different in the game due to Pep's revolution

You must distinguish between unsettling a player to get them to sign for you and a player who is unsettled and wants to sign for you. I have zero belief that Pep would look to unsettle say Busquets, Messi et al UNLESS they themselves were looking to leave - then it is only logical and, frankly, the best end result to see them go to Pep rather than someplace else

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes, Cruyff did - terrible point to try & make

It's the mediacized generation, we don't have opinions we just 'like' them
Yes, Cruyff did maintain silence and did not air the dirty laundry in the public! He could just as well have spoken very much against the board in public but he did not do it, out of respect towards the club I presume. Even if he did, that I cannot recollect of, it was very little!

The point I was trying to make was: Pep tapping our players and you justifying it by mentioning whatever unfair treatment that the board would have given him!

I can't help it if you don't understand the logic behind it. If he lets his revenge towards the board outweigh his love towards FC Barcelona, the club, I wonder how he can be considered Blaugrana through and through! I presented the example of Cruyff to give you a perspective!!

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The arrogance of FCBarca now stretches to speaking for Messi, Xavi etc.

How big a clue Pep is has no relevance he treats Barca like any other club.

Why should we rejoice about players going to leave and play for City as 'next best option'?

Just comes across as wanting to get reflected glory from Pep wherever he goes. That is not what being a fan of Barca is for me.

F

Flavia

No. You don't take blaugrana out of a lifelong cule? This isn't Figo we're talking about, a mercenary. There is no was in that sentence, that's the problem for many who are all too short sighted are failing to grasp - he is Barcelona.

Name one person with his credentials, dedication and success with the club - no one, not even Messi. Leo would even tell you this. Ask Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique et al on twitter if he is or was Barcelona - no one would hesitate

Cesc coming back was inevitable and it was as much about Laporta correcting a wrong as it was Pep trying to bring back a local boy to make his team stronger, after they won everything there is to win which no one had done before. Now you want to trash his signings? Of course he's made mistakes, said nothing about him being infallible in the transfer market - Chygrinskiy is a big black eye for him.

I talked about his integrity, he would never hurt the club intentionally - no way. And for fans, cules no less, to even question that really beggars belief - I mean, no one is sacred to you guys. Do you realize how different any of our lives would be without Pep in it? That clearing out of overpaid, lazy stars that could've even seen Messi depart - it would have really been a dark stretch for the club rather than the style that has shaped a generation of football. Everything is different in the game due to Pep's revolution

You must distinguish between unsettling a player to get them to sign for you and a player who is unsettled and wants to sign for you. I have zero belief that Pep would look to unsettle say Busquets, Messi et al UNLESS they themselves were looking to leave - then it is only logical and, frankly, the best end result to see them go to Pep rather than someplace else

I name all of Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, even Pique, as more cules than Pep. At least right now. That doesn't diminsh anything he did for the club, but Barcelona is not his priority anymore. He wants city to win the CL now, not Barça. He'll do his all for City to beat Barça in an eventual quarters, semis or final. And Pep is hurting the club now, intentionally. He took one of our goalkeepers. One player our coach, Lucho, wanted to keep. What would Pep do that you would accept as hurting the club? Signing Messi, coaching rm, beating Barça in a cl final? And cesc was pretty much avoidable.

Pep is not like Cruyff. Johan never went on to coach other clubs. And I don't see nothing wrong with Pep doing that, but he is not the ultimate culé, or even less a sacred entity. He meant a lot to the club, brought in the best era, no one is denying that. But that's all in the past. In the present, he is a citizen, not a culé. And he just proved that by tapping up one of our players. You can keep denying this as much as you want, but he weakened Barça, and strengthened city.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm sorry Flavia, I can't take you seriously with that ava :lol:

I'll drop it but my sentiments stand, very disappointing from many of you but c'est la vie - it's an odd world

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can't take anyone seriously and argue with everyone over the subject. Maybe it's you who should re-think your pep sentiments.

I wish pep was the man you deem him to be.

frog-fcb

His priority is Man City and making them a better team. That doesn't make him any less of a cule. His reactions when he watched us against City two years ago show that he'll always be a cule :)

Perhaps hes thinking by signing bravo he is doing barca a favour know that it means ter stegen will stay and be our number 1 for the next decade or so

mazp

Perhaps hes thinking by signing bravo he is doing barca a favour know that it means ter stegen will stay and be our number 1 for the next decade or so

:lol: very much doubt that. He would be doing Barca a favor if he would try to unsettle Madrid players for starters..

Home of Barca Fans