Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Morten

No. Newcastle's current squad is nowhere near top 4 level in this league.

Their manager is doing wonders and should win PL manager of the season.

It's not a sexy name so you won't see fans fawning over him but Howe has done brilliantly and massively overachieved this season.

If his name was Eddinho Howezzi and he was a good looking Mediterranean lad, you'd see everyone fawning over him.

I think their net spend this season, though i think top 3, had a lot of catching up to do before that, so coaching certainly is a factor.

It always reads a bit hollow on redcafe, when they complain about what other teams spend, they were still 2nd on net spend going into this season, and yet their results were barely acceptable.

I absolutely get that they think City or Chelsea are cheaters, those points are valid, but why have they spent their own money like drunken sailors for the last 10 years? Thats on them alone.

delancey

I enjoy Chelsea wasting money on nothing, they are just another oil club as well, so some of them spend it well, others not.

As much as Chelsea scammed us for Hazard, they never really found a way to replace him either, despite winning UCL after he left, he was kind of an unique talent.

They have spent a lot of money on attackers, but none came close to his impact.
I must admit, I also get great satisfaction seeing Man U overspend and underperform. However, this has somewhat lessened since Ten Hag took over. Sadly. :lol:

Temptation

I think their net spend this season, though i think top 3, had a lot of catching up to do before that, so coaching certainly is a factor.

It always reads a bit hollow on redcafe, when they complain about what other teams spend, they were still 2nd on net spend going into this season, and yet their results were barely acceptable.

I absolutely get that they think City or Chelsea are cheaters, those points are valid, but why have they spent their own money like drunken sailors for the last 10 years? Thats on them alone.

Yanited have spent the same amount as City in the last 10 years.

City are one of the best run clubs itw while Yanited are probably the worst run.....

Money is never an issue for the rags though. They generate insane money every year through revenues and sponsorships. The club is a cash cow and one of the richest itw. Money was never a problem for the rags.

soul24rage

How good is he?

Good enough for Liverpool?
I don't know specifically how well he would suit Liverpool as I don't see Liverpool much, but he is reliable in decision making, physically good enough for the PL, versatile, intelligent, team player, and a tactical player that elite coaches would like to have. He probably won't win you a game with his individual skills, but give him specific instructions with complementary players and he will deliver.

When Lo Celso got injured for the WC, we were panicking who would be his replacement, but MacA really stepped up to the plate and he was cool and composed under heaviest mental pressure. Good spot kicker as well.

Temptation

I don't know specifically how well he would suit Liverpool as I don't see Liverpool much, but he is a reliable in decision making, physically good enough for the PL, versatile, intelligent, team player, and a tactical player that elite coaches would like to have. He probably won't win you a game with his individual skills, but give him specific instructions with complementary players and he will deliver.

When Lo Celso got injured for the WC, we were panicking who would be his replacement, but MacA really stepped up to the plate and he was cool and composed under heaviest mental pressure. Good spot kicker as well.
WC is a different level of quality and tempo though. Amrabat looked like Prime Redondo in the WC.

Trent might move to midfield soon so I hope McA links up well with him. I'm not expecting him to have Trent's technical ability but what I am expecting is a solid hardworking player with a bit of flair and natural talent as a number 8.

Porque

Brentford are Brighton-lite, good move.

Seems I'm a broken record saying this, but shame that Spanish football has clubs like Valencia, Sevilla, Betis, etc yet can't retain their upcoming managers.

Andresito

Staff member
RankPlayerTop speed
1Kyle Walker37.31 km/h
2Brennan Johnson36.70 km/h
3Mykhailo Mudryk36.63 km/h
4Anthony Gordon36.61 km/h
5Darwin Nunez36.53 km/h
6Arnaut Danjuma36.34 km/h
7Matheus Nunes36.32 km/h
8Erling Haaland36.22 km/h
9Denis Zakaria36.09 km/h
10Reiss Nelson36.07 km/h

Birdy

Has to be said:
If Arteta manages to pull through all of Haverz, Rice, Timber in the window,
they will be one level above next season, and surely title contenders again

Messigician

Zlatan Ibrahimovic tells crazy Man Utd story: 🗣️ “One day I was in the hotel with the team before a game. I got thirsty so I opened the mini-bar and had a fruit juice. We played and then went home.

"Time went by & my pay slip arrives. I realise they've taken a pound off my monthly wage. I call the manager: ‘Excuse me, why have they taken a pound off my salary.’ He replies: ‘It was the fruit juice from the mini-bar.’ ‘Are you kidding, seriously?’ ‘No, I'm not. Here, if you order something you have to pay for it.’

"Sure, but I didn't go to the hotel on my own accord. I wasn't on holiday. It was my work place. I was there for Man Utd. If I have to play and I'm thirsty, I have to drink. I can't go on the pitch dehydrated.

“Can you believe it? A quid? Something like that would never happen in Italy. These are the details that make a difference and earn the respect of the players.”

Home of Barca Fans