Premier League 2016/17

Who will win the Premier League 2016/17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pep vs Klopp - I was gonna say give the guy time cause Klopp has been here longer.

But then there is Conte. So there goes that argument.

We have to look at things from a fair perspective here. Without taking credibility away from Conte and Klopp they both are use to working with less talent and thus have an advantage in that department, there is no doubt Pep has had superior talent in the past and with City there is a big drop, you can't have Glitchy/Sagna/Zab/Kolarov doing things you had Alves/Lahm/Alaba doing, likewise Stones/Ota doing what Pique/Puyol/Abidal/Boateng/Kimmich/Masche were doing, same as Bravo compared to Neuer/Valdes. Likewise with Aguero can't do what Villa/Messi/Lewa did for him and this is were he gets hit. because that's what he's trying to do.

Chelsea the previous season (before Mou final season) were league champions, so they don't have duds in their squads and this season without CL football and many players trying to make up for last season failures they have the motivation, just like BM in Jupp last season getting their arse handed to them by Dortmund and losing a CL final at home, gave them a kick.

This game against Liverpool wasn't good at all and not much separated the two sides, Pool only had one shot on target the entire game and defend for majority of it.

However Pep transfer this window were poor, he needed to strength his back line were he failed at the end, also his constant tinkering. City won 10 games in a row, drew the 11th and lost in 12th, so they had things going there way trying to fit Gundo in midfield with Silva and KdB has hit them hard and then playing a back 3 also due to it, didn't help. City went 10-1-1 in their first 11 games, they went 2-0-0 when they went back to a back 4 and now they're 3-0-1 with a back 4, so it's clear the back 4 works best, Pep just needs to learn to stick with that.

Pep did tinker with us, but nowhere near the amount I've seen him do at BM and now City. Perhaps it's his fear of being found out or wanting to change things to keep his opponents guessing.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Txiki and Pep are a disaster in the transfer market. The money they used on Stones and Sane should have been used on a far less costlier and better CB and a couple of FBs.

The Txiki-Pep duo was hardly great here and they managed to fuck up in their first summer together in Manchester too lol

Stones is The Jeremy Lin of Football. One half or one full season where he had some decent displays and all the hype. And the Brock Osweiler of Football too considering how much he cost. 50 fucking millions :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

They need another CB, Two LBs,and Two RBs and possibly another GK.

Players like Sagna,Kolarov,Clichy,Zabaleta were at one time good for City but these days not so much. how anyone thought starting the season with those four as your LB and RB options would be a good idea I don't know.

A better move would've been to sell at least 1 RB and 1 LB and getting a new LB and RB to replace the two departing fullbacks. I thought us not getting a real Alba back up for the past couple of seasons was bad but City have it even worse.

the CB position is a whole another mess.

Neymessi

Yeah I think he made a mistakes. He fits into the Brazil team better than Spain.

At that moment of time, spain was insanely strong and was in a need for a good striker. Anyone would have chosen spain back then. He probably made a decision based on which team was better that time.

F

FlaFCB

At that moment of time, spain was insanely strong and was in a need for a good striker. Anyone would have chosen spain back then. He probably made a decision based on which team was better that time.

No, he chose Spain because scolari snubbed him, and Costa wanted to play that wc.

El Flaco

No, he chose Spain because scolari snubbed him, and Costa wanted to play that wc.

Scolari wanted to keep Fred as the main striker with Jo as backup.

Hell, Scolari would call up Pato instead of Diego Costa.

Can't blame the latter to choose Spain.

F

FlaFCB

Scolari wanted to keep Fred as the main striker with Jo as backup.

Hell, Scolari would call up Pato instead of Diego Costa.

Can't blame the latter to choose Spain.

Jo :lol:
Everytine I remember that guy played for Brazil in a wc, it makes me laugh :lol:

It's so surreal.

Total-Football

what the fuck is up with Liverpool, they play like barca against top guns and play like shit against mid table teams .. you can't challenge for the title this way

Home of Barca Fans