Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana-Rama

lol at there is no reason for Fergie to big up Moyes, deluded!

moyes was fergie's choice, if he didn't believe he was the right man someone else would of got the job, its funny how you are choosing to ignore all of those great signings from moyes that i posted...

DavidVillano1

its funny how you are choosing to ignore all of those great signings from moyes that i posted...

Moyes has made many good signings, but he's also made numerous bad signings. The issue which I stated from the beginning was he's wasted money when he HAS spent it. His bigger signings have not been great on the whole, many of his lesser signings have been successful like Cahill. He's now at Man United will lots of money to spend and his record spending big has certainly not been impressive bar the likes of Fellani, Jagielka and Baines.

You guys really need to learn to read correctly, try harder next time! I'm out, cba dealing with kids who continue to ignore points then reply saying the exact same and claiming I said otherwise. Cringe-worthy.

JamDav1982

You guys really need to learn to read correctly, try harder next time!

Wenger is arguably the strongest manager in the league when it comes to the transfer market.

Listing players that have not lived up to their transfer fee does not change that. Could just as easily name as many bad signings as you have with Moyes.

You totally miss the point that EVERY manager in the world has made poor signings. The best ones have out weighed this with good moves in the market.

You just choose to totally ignore the second part of it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
DavidVillano1 you are absolutely correct but don't expect a man u supporter and a bloke living in Scotland* to agree with you.

* Nothing wrong with Scotland but hey ho a Scotsman will defend his countryman.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
on the other hand DavidVilano1, you can always expect a scouser to agree with you on whatever way your slating Moyes.

TBH, Moyes hasnt had the best record at signing Strikers, but in oter areas hes been fairly successful, so its a bit of a mixed bag, like all managers, dont really see why its an issue haha

Jenks

how many trophies had guardiola won in management before taking the barca job, or jurgen klopp before the dortmund job, thats right, none, mainz got relegated in klopp's last season there. if you are only going to give big jobs to managers who have lots of trophies on the cv then you'll just get the same managers in important positions all the time, i think managers who perform well at lesser clubs deserve a chance too, that is where klopp came from...

Maybe follow the discussion next time before attacking comments out of context.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
DavidVillano1 you are absolutely correct but don't expect a man u supporter and a bloke living in Scotland* to agree with you.

* Nothing wrong with Scotland but hey ho a Scotsman will defend his countryman.

I won't. David Moyes is the most overrated manager in the EPL, even more overrated then Arry. This BS excuse about him not having any money to spend when the likes of Swansea, Birmingham and Wigan have had far less money to spend then Everton and they have all managed to win a major trophy recently. Everton's legendary capitulation in the FA Cup final against Chelsea a few years back still makes me laugh when I remember it. The dude is going to fail so badly and I for one am not happy that he is going to bring down the stock of Scottish managers in the process, though Craig Levein tried his hardest to do that. :lol:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
After doing the BBC predictor for the whole season here is my predicted 2013/14 Premier League table, obviously some will disagree!!*

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Man C
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Southampton
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Everton
11. Swansea
12. Cardiff
13. Newcastle
14. WBA
15. Fulham
16. Norwich
17. Stoke
18. Crystal Palace
19. Sunderland
20. Hull

As you can see after doing my predictor Southampton, Villa and West Ham all have amazing seasons. I was extremely shocked that Southampton were 7th. After looking at the results I predicted, all three clubs had extremely good home records losing only 3-4 times at home. Only the top 3 had better home records, points wise.

So I was intrigued. Maybe I'm being lenient because of the players Southampton have bought and are linked too and probably gave West Ham a better home record than they'll actually have. Same with Villa as I gave them more home wins than I first thought I would and as a result have a great position. Although I think the team will improve and I do think Lambert has made very smart purchases, but perhaps I am giving them a better home record than they'll also have in reality too......I don't know.

It's no shock to see the bottom 6/7 clubs.

* Of course this can change dependant on the final squads of the clubs on Sept. 1st.

P.s. Chelsea won the league with 87 points. Man U in second with 82. Man C third with 78, Arsenal fourth with 72. Liverpool finished with 68 points!!! Although we were second behind Chelsea in December!!!!

Hull got 13 points!!!

Last edited:

mixer

After doing the BBC predictor for the whole season here is my predicted 2013/14 Premier League table, obviously some will disagree!!*

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Man C
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Southampton
8. West Ham
9. Aston Villa
10. Everton
11. Swansea
12. Cardiff
13. Newcastle
14. WBA
15. Fulham
16. Norwich
17. Stoke
18. Crystal Palace
19. Sunderland
20. Hull

As you can see after doing my predictor Southampton, Villa and West Ham all have amazing seasons. I was extremely shocked that Southampton were 7th. After looking at the results I predicted, all three clubs had extremely good home records losing only 3-4 times at home. Only the top 3 had better home records, points wise.

So I was intrigued. Maybe I'm being lenient because of the players Southampton have bought and are linked too and probably gave West Ham a better home record than they'll actually have. Same with Villa as I gave them more home wins than I first thought I would and as a result have a great position. Although I think the team will improve and I do think Lambert has made very smart purchases, but perhaps I am giving them a better home record than they'll also have in reality too......I don't know.

It's no shock to see the bottom 6/7 clubs.

* Of course this can change dependant on the final squads of the clubs on Sept. 1st.

P.s. Chelsea won the league with 87 points. Man U in second with 82. Man C third with 78, Arsenal fourth with 72. Liverpool finished with 68 points!!! Although we were second behind Chelsea in December!!!!

Hull got 13 points!!!

Do you know who will be the top goalscorer? :lol:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I could see Liverpool making fifth, especially if Spurs do sell Bale, I would put Arsenal higher though; they're not supposed to be selling anyone and will strengthen their squad. Also the only top four club to keep their manager, that will have to count for something. As Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski continue to adapt more to the Premier League they will only become better and bring in more goals. I see them finishing second or third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans