Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidVillano1

Moyes wasted loads of money at Everton?

Clueless beyond belief that comment is.
Really? Coming from yourself who's constantly posting nonsense. :lol:

Moyes HAS wasted lots of money on the signings of Oviedo, Guyeye, Bilyaletdinov, Gosling, Jutkiewicz, Fernandez, Yakubu, Andy Johnson, van der Meyde, Krodlup, Davies, Valente, Silva, Beattie, Bent, Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Baardsen etc.

Those players alone cost around £80 million, never mind the wages and other signings he's wasted. To suggest Moyes hasn't wasted money is certainly clueless, stop believing the British media and their myths.

Moyes never had 'massive' amounts of money to spend and has a very low 'net spend' but that certainly doesn't mean he's not wasted money. You need to understand budgets, purchases more clearly it seems.

Laudrup is what you call being successful on a small budget, Moyes has done a good job at Everton and obviously every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, but Moyes has made numerous transfer mistakes over the years especially on signing strikers for massive amounts of money like Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu.

JamDav1982

Moyes HAS wasted lots of money on the signings of Oviedo, Guyeye, Bilyaletdinov, Gosling, Jutkiewicz, Fernandez, Yakubu, Andy Johnson, van der Meyde, Krodlup, Davies, Valente, Silva, Beattie, Bent, Richard Wright, Rodrigo, Baardsen etc.

Those players alone cost around £80 million, never mind the wages and other signings he's wasted. To suggest Moyes hasn't wasted money is certainly clueless, stop believing the British media and their myths.

Moyes never had 'massive' amounts of money to spend and has a very low 'net spend' but that certainly doesn't mean he's not wasted money. You need to understand budgets, purchases more clearly it seems.

Laudrup is what you call being successful on a small budget, Moyes has done a good job at Everton and obviously every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market, but Moyes has made numerous transfer mistakes over the years especially on signing strikers for massive amounts of money like Beattie, Johnson and Yakubu.

Everton have been one of the lowest spenders in the Premier League under Moyes.

Of the teams that have been in the EPL the last ten years only Arsenal have a lower net spend over that time.

Dont let the facts get in the way of your argument though eh?

DavidVillano1

scraped the best out of the team??? :lol: we cruised to the title this season, you have massively exaggerated everything there, rooney will either stay or he'll go and a replacement will be brought in, it is not a massive issue at all, for the record i think he'll stay and extend his contract. moyes looks like he is bringing midfield reinforcements this summer, thiago might join and it looks like another centre mid will be signed too, so the midfield will be stronger then it has been for a long time.

i agree that the wingers were poor last season, but that might sort itself out. nani was injured for a lot of last season, maybe he'll sign a new contract and have a great season, maybe he'll be sold and someone else brought in, we have brought in zaha who looks a great prospect. perhaps young, valencia will up there game under a new manager, who knows. as for the defence, we have the best goalkeeper in the league for starters, vidic-evans is a very good partnership with younger ones like smalling and jones, who knows we may buy a centre back, we have been linked with a few this summer...
Of course it's a massive issue as he's still your best player on form, you will need to bring in a top quality replacement.

Zaha looked terrible in the under 21s tournament, he's nowhere near ready to play for United. I agree you have the best goalkeeper but there was certainly issues defensively last year.

Do you believe Ferdinand won't play regularly next year? I can't see him not playing most games tbh.

And yes United struggled many times last season and snatched victories for various reasons, ref decisions etc. Examples;

Chelsea(A) Liverpool(A) Fulham(H) Southampton(A) Villa(A) Reading(A) Newcastle(H) Fulham(A) Southampton(H)

Nine games that you gained three points that were not deserved, IMO.

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Everton have been one of the lowest spenders in the Premier League under Moyes.

Of the teams that have been in the EPL the last ten years only Arsenal have a lower net spend over that time.

Dont let the facts get in the way of your argument though eh?
Deary me.

Can you not read properly? I CLEARLY mentioned the low net spend and went on about how it's not an indication or fact he's not wasted money.

As for the last point, maybe say that in the mirror to yourself, considering I mentioned net spend above and you ignored 'facts' on bad signings....

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Deary me.

Can you not read properly? I CLEARLY mentioned the low net spend and went on about how it's not an indication or fact he's not wasted money.

As for the last point, maybe say that in the mirror to yourself, considering I mentioned net spend above and you ignored 'facts' on bad signings....

Name me one club that has not had poor signings, it is par for the course.

The fact is for the money spent he has done brilliantly in the transfer market all things considered.

Absolute rubbish to suggest he has been poor in the transfer market when that has arguably been his biggest strength.

DavidVillano1

Here's a fact for you, Moyes has spent around £131 million on transfers and as I've shown above he's wasted at least half of that.

Here's another fact for you, I mentioned above about managers making mistakes and Moyes is not alone in this, but he's still wasted much more than he should have.

Also you need to understand the difference in saying someone has 'wasted money' and saying they've been poor in the transfer market. Moyes has made many good signings, but he's also made numerous bad signings. The issue which I stated from the beginning was he's wasted money when he HAS spent it. His bigger signings have not been great on the whole, many of his lesser signings have been successful like Cahill. He's now at Man United will lots of money to spend and his record spending big has certainly not been impressive bar the likes of Fellani, Jagielka and Baines.

There's many factors when talking about transfers, although I'm not sure you can grasp that point, one factor is looking at big money signings under Moyes which I've used to base and backed it up with players he's made errors with to show my point is valid. But you're unable to admit this and be a man and shown your clueless comment was nonsense!

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Here's a fact for you, Moyes has spent around £131 million on transfers and as I've shown above he's wasted at least half of that.

Here's another fact for you, I mentioned above about managers making mistakes and Moyes is not alone in this, but he's still wasted much more than he should have.

Also you need to understand the difference in saying someone has 'wasted money' and saying they've been poor in the transfer market. Moyes has made many good signings, but he's also made numerous bad signings. The issue which I stated from the beginning was he's wasted money when he HAS spent it. His bigger signings have not been great on the whole, many of his lesser signings have been successful like Cahill. He's now at Man United will lots of money to spend and his record spending big has certainly not been impressive bar the likes of Fellani, Jagielka and Baines.

£131 million is nothing compared to the teams they are compering with - and finishing above.

He has been brilliant in the transfer market and the likes of Fergie have recognised this but I suppose you know better eh?

Move on, you are wildly off mark with this one.

Give me any manager and I could list off poor signings, it means nothing.

DavidVillano1

Nah I've backed it up already and showed it to be more fact than opinion, but I'll leave it at this as you're not able to accept valid points or understand various factors come into play. Whilst constantly ignoring things I've stated and continue to post stuff suggesting I've said when it's the complete opposite!

Apparently only 'net spend' matters. :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nah I've backed it up already and showed it to be more fact than opinion, but I'll leave it at this as you're not able to be a man about things and accept valid points or understand various factors come into play.

Apparently only 'net spend' matters. :lol:

The facts show he is one of the lowest spending managers over the last ten years.

The other managers like Fergie and Mourinho have hailed him for this.

Yet.... DavidVillano1 from the internet knows better.

Good you have moved on as you were making no relevant points.

Banana-Rama

those signings you listed cost about £60 million actually, which is a lot less then £80 million, no surprise to see you exaggerating to suit your argument, and a lot of that money was made back when those players were sold, for example andy johnson was actually sold for more then what he was signed for yet you list him as a massive mistake for some reason, and why oviedo is on that list i have no idea, he looks a good player for £5 million.

how about moyes signing lescott for £2 million and selling him for £24 million, a big profit will be made on fellaini this summer too, pienaar for £2million, baines for £6 million, tim cahill for £1 million, arteta for £2 million, nigel martyn for £500k, jagielka for £4 million, mirallas for £6 million, moyes did magnificently in the transfer market during his time at everton. if you want to talk about managers wasting money, mourinho wasted a fortune at chelsea on bad signings, he spent £21 million on shaun wright philips for goodness sake...

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

So because they said so, it's fact and can't be question, okay then!

So you will agree with Fergie than Jones can be the greatest ever Man United player and United don't need a CM then?

JamDav1982

So you will agree with Fergie than Jones can be the greatest ever Man United player and United don't need a CM then?

Everton built a better squad than teams that were vastly out spending them.

Disagree with that all you like but it is 100% fact.

Banana-Rama

clubs were queuing up to sign jones so it is not just sir alex that rates the player, liverpool, tottenham, arsenal all wanted him, arsenal wanted smalling too but they chose united...

DavidVillano1

Everton built a better squad than teams that were vastly out spending them.

Disagree with that all you like but it is 100% fact.
I never once disagreed or said otherwise.

However nice way to avoid the question, not unlike you to ignore things, is it? Especially when it doesn't suit your agenda!

JamDav1982

I never once disagreed or said otherwise.

However nice way to avoid the question, not unlike you to ignore things, is it? Especially when it doesn't suit your agenda!

Ha, agenda?

That Moyes has done well in the transfermarket? The facts prove it.

What question? That Fergie said Jones could be United best ever player?

I dont know of he was being genuine or trying to build up Jones. There is a reason for him to say it though even if not true.

There is no reason for the likes of Fergie and Mourinho to back up Moyes in the transfer market. What they have said there is backed by facts. Whether you like it or not.

You are so wide of the mark here it is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans