Positive Thinking Cules

F

Flavia

So, just wondering if we have any left? I consider myself an optimistic fan but my optimism is dying out...
I'm hoping for a cb asap. but while I think thiago will shine and the board will see the huge mistake they made soon enough, I also believe things will still turn out alright for Barça, if a cb is brought.

oz187

We won the league by a record margin last season and I think we're clear favourites to do so again this season.
In terms of Champions League, if we have a fit Messi and two of Puyol, Pique, Masch are available for the later rounds of the competition I think we've easily second favourites for the competition behind Bayern. That's not to mention whatever impact Neymar can have, the way he inspired Brazil in the Confeds, that is perfect for a knockout competition like the UCL.

mejji^

i try to find some optimism but its really difficult right now, my favourite players are declining(puyol,xavi), our fighters (abidal) and youngsters (thiago, deulofeu, rafinha) are somehow being forced out of the club. rosell and zubi are doing very dissapointing work imo, i miss pep, i miss txiki and i miss the spirit of barcelona right now

things to look forward: messi and neymar owning it up. and thats basically it, we added nothing so far that suggests we will be more succesfull than last year

oz187

Alba and Song better integrated into the squad. Tello, Montoya and Alexis continuing to improve. Cesc improving again. Messi maybe not getting injured at the crucial moment of the season. Neymar. Tito having a year of experience. Pedro having nowhere to go but up. Iniesta getting more minutes in midfield. There's lots to be positive about. A declining Xavi is the biggest immediate threat. Puyol is another issue, although if we somehow did get Silva then that would be fixed instantly.

mixer

If a world-class CB is brought, then we have a chance to improve and win more trophies than last season. I'm not really positive till we get a damn CB

Meitux

Yeah,at the moment we are just the same team like last season without all the players that left and just with the addition of Neymar.He surely is an improvement but in the biggest problem of defense we have made zero progress

Alik

Alba and Song better integrated into the squad. Tello, Montoya and Alexis continuing to improve. Cesc improving again. Messi maybe not getting injured at the crucial moment of the season. Neymar. Tito having a year of experience. Pedro having nowhere to go but up. Iniesta getting more minutes in midfield. There's lots to be positive about. A declining Xavi is the biggest immediate threat. Puyol is another issue, although if we somehow did get Silva then that would be fixed instantly.

Agreed with the above. Am looking forward to the new season! Hope we sign a CB soon though...

SocalBarcaFan

I rarely post here but have been coming to barcaforum for years. Just thought I had to give my two cents on this situation with all the negativity going around this summer.....

I really can't believe the negativity that I've read from barca fans here since around last January. I think it's because some ppl became fans due to the recent success and then when things started to go bad they freaked out. Okay, bad thins have happened like Tito going to New York for cancer treatment, Valdez coming out of nowhere wanting to leave, Messi's injury and lack of defense at the end of the the season, and now Thiago leaving and still no new CB in sight.

But even with all that, I still can't see the need for all the negativity. We still won the league last year and made it to the semis of the copa de Rey and champions league. Neymar is going to be a big addition to this team.

I think Tito is a good coach. His distribution of min last season wasn't good but I think he learned his lesson. Thiago was a wake up call. A high price to pay, but I think We'll see a lot this season from Montoya, bartra, Sergi Roberto and Tello. And tactically he isn't anywhere near as bad as you guys say he is. With Neymar coming in and Thiago leaving, fabregas may never play upfront again which I think is a good thing. I know he hasn't excelled in the Xavi role, but you can't compare ppl to Xavi. I think with more time there, Cesc could excell. Thiago made a lot of mistakes there too by the way.

It'll be interesting to see what Tito does with the defense cause I agree with ppl who say you can't play Alba and Alves at the same time especially with the center backs we had last year. Now if we played with a double pivot with Busquets alongside, Mascherano, Song or Sergi Roberto then maybe we could get away with it but I don't see us doing that.

Sorry if my post is too long, but I'm genuinely excited for the upcoming season. Oh and ppl who say Madrid are the clear favorites to win the league, I'd like to know why you think that

oz187

I'm guessing it's because the manager of the 1st best team in France went to the 2nd best team in Spain alongside players from the 3rd best team in Germany and the 4th and 6th best teams in Spain.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Looking forward for the next season! Hope that Cap will perform his best season in his career (last and the best). Then Bartra can make a huge jump, forcing Pique out of the first XI. Mascherano, solid as a rock as always with his tackles. And Pique, playing better because of the concurents.

Barcafire

It's been such a summer of drama, so I want to take a minute to summarize the madness and appreciate the good things that has happened to the club in the off season.

1. Pep vs Tito and Rosell - There is some misunderstanding there. They are grown men and will work it out.

2. Neymar - We signed him and I honestly think he's a great player. Despite what the media is putting forth, "can they play together?". The answer is a big freakin YES! People said the same thing about Xavi and Iniesta; and the outcome is an amazing display of teamwork and championships.

Secondly, does everyone have amnesia? One word: Galacticos

They made it work. In the end, all this questioning is to just get more readers.

3. Thiago - Gone. She left us, time to find a new better girlfriend.

4. Other La Masia graduates moving on - It's a good thing. Can't find the next Messi, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Valdes, Alba, Puyol and Fabregas if mediocre players in front of them keeps them from shining through.

5. The ones that stayed - Montoya, Tello, and Bartra. Amongst a few more that were promoted. We found the ones we wanted and they are going to benefit from staying.

6. Teams trying to poach Cesc and Messi - Not happening.

7. Finding a defender - This is only question that remains open. We didn't get our first, second, or third choice (Silva, Marquinhos, and Luiz), but with all hands on deck with only this one mission, I'm sure we can find someone. We have 3 good back-ups (Puyol, Bartra, and Masch) behind whoever we sign to pair up with Pique.

8. We'll always be contenders. We've been through worse that, which put side-to-side with this off season, I can't really even say that this was a bad summer.

9. Moronho left - The league has rid of this pest. He said Barcelona is mad because he took La Liga away from us one year. Well, so did Schuster, and Capello. So what?

10. Força Barça!

Man, what bad timing with my post here. Anims Tito :(

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Tito's relapse could ultimately turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him and his family... I always thought it would be best for him if he retired coz obviously best rest would be very suitable for his health conditon. Given the student of the game that he is and the incredible league win that he led the team towards, he probably wouldn't have resigned and his health would have probably gone worse.

Lucky he is forced to take rest now... A long rest and he would be as good as he ever was!!

Home of Barca Fans