Philippe Coutinho

It?s not about position anymore... when he got the ball he can?t finish it and can?t even play a good pass 🤦🏻*♂️😤

With brasil he play like goat but with us a different story

fergus90

I read time and time again about Bayern Coutinho like he was some juggernaut. He played most games from minute 75+ onwards, it's just Barcelona were so fucking pathetic last season that he is an upgrade. He has started of well but he's losing steam with each passing game.

Messigician

Ppl act like he was this beast at Bayern who played evrry minute and scored 50 goals and 50 assists when in reality he was a bench player to give Muller rest.

But but German training muh muscle mass he's back at his best for beating a random south American team.

No just shut up I'm pissed off shut up he's shite end off

Messigician

I read time and time again about Bayern Coutinho like he was some juggernaut. He played most games from minute 75+ onwards, it's just Barcelona were so fucking pathetic last season that he is an upgrade. He has started of well but he's losing steam with each passing game.

We had the exact same thought dawg

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I remember a few occasions during a counter attack, and there was NO ONE on the wings; every single forward was in a central position. At least Ansu Fati was making a run behind the defense, everyone else was just dropping deep and crowding central areas. I don't understand how anyone can say he was bad because he was "forced" to play as a left winger, it's complete nonsense to me.

He was the LM and he just cannot play there nowadays due to the loss of pace with age. It's true that he never played near the byline but he is bad even in these LM half-spaces nowadays. His one and only position is CAM where he has a 360 degree freedom.

Laplacian

Exactly what I'm saying. We are so shit now he looks "good", but even that level has yet to impress me. He really is an underwhelming player.
He was the LM and he just cannot play there nowadays due to the loss of pace with age. It's true that he never played near the byline but he is bad even in these LM half-spaces nowadays. His one and only position is CAM where he has a 360 degree freedom.

What does this even mean? He's 28 not 33. Like I said, he was mostly in central positions as an attacking midfielder throughout the game. How is that not a "CAM"? Does he need to be playing exactly on the midpoint of the width of the pitch to play in his "true position"? It's getting ridiculous now. Up until Koeman sacrificed his only midfield, he was an attacking midfielder playing centrally. He concentrated on the left side of the pitch because he's right footed and cutting inside is his most dependable asset, not because he was playing off position. He's just not good enough.

It's time to take the L for this guy (like Griezmann, Dembele) and move on from him emotionally my guy.

Last edited:

Toecrusher

Play him as AM or not at all. At LW/LM he doesn't seem to see many options and he limits himself to only dribbles and 1-2 passes. Same as in the Getafe game.

Raketa10

Please put him back to AM position! FFS it's obvious that he can't play as a LM/LW! Why the fuck do you change things that are working well?

Last edited:

Richard.H

He’s not a winger and he will never will be. Coach after coach tries to force him to that position. It’s either AM or nothing for Cou

Jadentheman

Ppl act like he was this beast at Bayern who played evrry minute and scored 50 goals and 50 assists when in reality he was a bench player to give Muller rest.

But but German training muh muscle mass he's back at his best for beating a random south American team.

No just shut up I'm pissed off shut up he's shite end off

Even as a bench player he was still able to contribute significantly to their play. It's very obvious it's just better player management and tactics.

malvolio

He was shite everywhere, bar Liverpool. And even when he was there, they didn't win anything of note. It was a matter of time that he showed his true potential. Fringe player at Bayern, but suddenly worldclass at Barcelona :lol:

Of course forum de amigos got on the hype train, because theh thought some physical preparation makes you a better footballer.

Home of Barca Fans