Pep Guardiola

Stric

Just come out and say it; you'd feel betrayed. I know, I would. It already feels awkward having Txiki and Soriano selling and copying Barca secrets in City.
Can't imagine Pep leading them or Chelski against Barca in CL. Or, even worse, kicking us out in one of those potential duels. That would be simply awful.
If it's money, there are options to take Qatar or whoever. If it's a new challenge, why not taking some team that actually is challenging or league that allows him to grow as a manager (Serie A?) as opposed to limitless resources of oil clubs.
Spain could be one of the options too after 2014 if del Bosque finally calls it a day.

+1 on ever single word of the above. I couldn't put my thoughts together that well. :lol:

I'd absolutely love to see him coach the Spanish NT, but I honestly don't think that's a likely scenario. Even if we take Pep's passion for Catalunya out of the equation (just crossed my mind, I'm not sure if it would influence the situation at this point, what do you guys think?), I think that Pep is too energetic and too involved in football (when he's not in need of a break :lol: ) at this point in his life to coach a NT instead of a club. Kind of what like Mourinho said about coaching the England NT (although I'm not sure if that story was true), it's a great job, but he couldn't stand competing in tournaments only once every two years. I think Pep is also too much of a workaholic (for the lack of a better term) to coach a NT at his age and career level.

Oh my, I really love parentheses, don't I? :lol:

Fishdoll

Bakalao
I don't think Pep Guardiola would ever consider coaching the Spanish NT.

Concur that I'd much rather not see him coaching the likes of Man City if/when he does return to coaching.

Stric

I also like the idea of him extending his sabbatical and returning to Barca when Tito's contract expires, but it's unlikely that he won't take a job for the 13/14 season, and it would be unfair towards Tito if he kept doing what he's done so far and crowned his work with trophies. And again, there's the question if Pep would rather return to Barca or coach another club when he decides to return.

Cristofol

1st
I like Wenger. I don't think that Guardiola wants to "take away" his job. Only if he plans to retire/change clubs Pep would do that. He's too classy to pressure Wenger out of his position.

2nd
Bayern have more chances to win the CL/League. Arsenal wasn't even able to win the Milk cup last year.
BEFORE Cesc & Van Persie left.

What the hell is the milk cup lol...?
Wenger plays a second string team in the Capitol One Cup and the FA Cup except for a rare few occasions. And in the league cup final at Wembley, Cesc,Walcott and several other 1st team players were out injured, Van Persie limped off injured, though he did score. Anyway did you see what Birmingham did against West Ham? The Blues were on another level in that competition, most deserving team to win it by far. Arsenal could win these so called 'lesser' cups, they just don't try to. And that for me is a worse issue that not winning titles for ages, it's the fact they don't attempt to.

P

PhilS

The only jobs I thought Pep would consider are Man U, Bayern and Spain. Possibly Arsenal. All have stable management, first-rate training programs, and no significant budget limitations.

Of these, only the Bayern job could be open for next year. The academy at Bayern is a huge attraction for Pep. Empowering the coach, and sticking with him, have been the weak points for Bayern, I'm sure Pep would require assurances. Bayern has a mega-rival in Dortmund, the league is extremely strong, the team is super-rich and not cheap, all coaches in the world want to have the type of fans the German clubs have. Does Gomez speak Spanish?

I could see Pep for three or four years at Bayern, win another CL. Then, when he thinks the Bayern players have made full use of his coaching, follow Sir Alex when he retires at 75 or 76. Then, after he is done at Man U, a long run with La Roja. Finally, president of Barca.

GiantKiller

The only jobs I thought Pep would consider are Man U, Bayern and Spain. Possibly Arsenal. All have stable management, first-rate training programs, and no significant budget limitations.

Of these, only the Bayern job could be open for next year. The academy at Bayern is a huge attraction for Pep. Empowering the coach, and sticking with him, have been the weak points for Bayern, I'm sure Pep would require assurances. Bayern has a mega-rival in Dortmund, the league is extremely strong, the team is super-rich and not cheap, all coaches in the world want to have the type of fans the German clubs have. Does Gomez speak Spanish?

I could see Pep for three or four years at Bayern, win another CL. Then, when he thinks the Bayern players have made full use of his coaching, follow Sir Alex when he retires at 75 or 76. Then, after he is done at Man U, a long run with La Roja. Finally, president of Barca.

I agree with what you say but, personally, I'd like it if Pep manages Milan. It's disappointing to see a club as big as Milan not being as good as they once were. Besides, the reasons because of which I think Pep would consider that job would be because Milan also has a stable management given the fact that since they're willing to be patient with Allegri, it's likely that they'll back Pep even more. However, budget limitations would be a problem but I wonder to what effect would the ambition of the club with Pep as manager, and the prestige of the club, help in this case.

I'm not so well-informed as far as the Milan youth is concerned, but it would be nice if Pep manages to get the young Maldinis promoted to the first team, wouldn't it?:blush:

ivan22

Guardiola should add an extra year to his sabbatical.
Then when Tito's contract expires at the end of the 2013-2014 season Pep comes back to Barça, and renews the dynamic duo tandem between him and Tito in managing the team.

:pep: + :tito1: + FC Barcelona = WINNING :champions:, :laliga:, :copa:, and all the other trophies.

no way. I don't want to see any 3-4-3 bullshit and cesc-experiments anymoar.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alex Ferguson on Guardiola:

"Barcelona have always had that style and played attractive football. He(Guardiola) increased that by putting a new work ethic into the players.

"They work extremely hard to get the ball back and if you combine that with their possession it makes a fantastic team."

Ferguson also said Pep has no interest in returning short term.

Trequartista

The good
Think bayern maybe pep's besr option if they dont renew with heynckes,would love to see him there,otherwise chelsea,city and Milan look like the worsr for many reasons

Trequartista

The good
Well tito used the weird 3-4-3 formation as plan b this season and said it was his decision with oep then so it was not up to pep but yeah pep should have used it less last season

Irish_Cules

Should be really interesting to see where he goes. There seems to be a new favorite every couple of weeks. It will probably keep on going this way right up until the announcement.

Home of Barca Fans