Pep Guardiola

Der Kaiser

I haven´t watched a whole game of Pep playing, so my knowledge on this matter is very limited, but from what I´ve seen, Busquets is more technically gifted, while Pep seemed to be more of a leader on the pitch. Both are extremely good at reading the game and passing. I´d say Busquets edges it due to his extraordinary technique combined with his defensive skills and tactical discipline, and he´s become more confident over the years too.

Cristofol

Pep wasn't a diver. He was an honest player with a better attitude towards football and someone I admired greatly and modeled myself on the pitch growing up. Busquets behavior will always let him down, a bad image doesn't do any player well. However despite being part of the dream team, football is of a higher standard now, and this Barça team is light years ahead of any other team in the world, Busquets is more skillful certainly

Cristofol

Busquets' diving and theatrics have earned him a much bigger reputation than his playing has.

Exactly, people will not even admit the truth about his ability because God forbid they show any support to a 'cheater'
Outsiders don't want to admit he is any good but he is, I hope he stays with us till the day he retires

Stric

On the other hand, FCB supporters act like he is God and don't want to admit what a shameless diver he is.

And to think that people are actually suggesting he should be Puyol's heir for captaincy... What is this, Chelsea?

Last edited:

Cristofol

On the other hand, FCB supporters act like he is God and don't want to admit what a shameless diver he is.

Very true, those individuals are usually the first to call out other divers though. Me personally, cannot abide diving I don't care what team they play for, I can't stand it when people say bad things about Barça and ultimately Catalunya because of the actions of one player or two. I'm hoping he'll cut it out as he gets older

P

PhilS

Woah. This might be right (he's certainly tougher), it's debatable. I don't think Busquets quite has Pep's long passing skill.

I think that is how Pep would rate the two of them as players. I think Busquets is best in the world right now at his position. Pep was a fine player, but not FIFA 11 level.

Blaugrana dude

And to think that people are actually suggesting he should be Puyol's heir for captaincy... What is this, Chelsea?

Whoa easy there, Busi maybe a "diver" but he certainly is nowhere near Chelsea legends like JT or Cole in terms of douchebaggery.

Stric

Nowhere near them in terms of douchebaggery, but also nowhere near captaincy in terms of non-douchebaggery, that's my point. He's "bad" enough to not be the captain of a classy club like Barca, IMHO.

Xtroverto

Woah. This might be right (he's certainly tougher), it's debatable. I don't think Busquets quite has Pep's long passing skill.

This one can be debated, Guardiola was the engine in Cruyffs vertical game so his skills in this regard were much more exposed (and error prone) than Busquets can ever dream of, his role is just so different. I do think that Busquets is an evolution of Guardiola, he is almost a version 2.0, whereas Xavi originally was Guardiola 1.5 and then reconverted into the player he is today. In the end, they all are Guardiola pupils, De la Peña, Celades, Xavi, Arteta, Iniesta, Cesc, Busi etc have all been brainwashed with instruction videos of Guardiolas game until they can perform those passes sleepwalking.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match

Man this man plays like a god..... we are so lucky to have him just enjoy the show

impeh

Hi, its me..
Roman Abramovich wants to offer former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola a £20 million-a-season contract to take over at Chelsea in the summer, ESPN can reveal.

Its a strange one, say he goes there and fails to get them playing wonderful football.. like every manager before him, where do they go then?

Back to mourinho? he was fired because they didnt play attractive football, Mourinho has never played barcelona-like passing football.

Kinda feel sorry for Rafa, he takes all the abuse from the crowd, but its all Abramovichs fault.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans