Pep Guardiola

Bionicman

Management quiz question #1:

You have two key players above 30 years old. Both have played a ton of games for club and country over the past few years, and have another big tournament coming up. One is a defender with several injuries in the past two years, the other is a midfielder whose performances have dropped due to tiredness and playing with pain; both clearly could use a rest. After losing to your rivals at home, you have no chance at winning the league. Do you:

1. Give both players well-earned rest for the rest of the season, giving your young defenders a chance to prove themselves before you spend money in the transfer window and giving your future midfielders more chances to play.

2. Play the defender in every game until he suffers a major injury, and rush the midfielder back as soon as his injury eases slightly for a completely pointless road game.

Maria

Management quiz question #2:

You have two key players at the age of 30. Both have played a ton of games for club and country over the past few years, and have another big tournament coming up. One is a fulback without any major injury in the last 4 years, the other is a striker whose performances have droped due to tiredness and playing with pain; both clearly could use a rest. Do you:

1. Give them the rest, but then the papers and fans are starting to say that you want to sell them. You then decide to play them, but one breaks his leg on the pitch and the other breaks his collarbone at the first training.

2. Play them every game until they injure themselves.

*extract from the book "No matter what a coach does, a fan will always do better"

Bionicman

Congrats on completely missing the point: every league game since the Madrid loss has been pointless. There was no need to play any starters. That wasn't the case before. Also, Alves doesn't have a big tournament coming up, he has no history of injuries, and both he and Villa are younger than Puyol or Xavi (Alves isn't even 30). I won't even get into you implying that what the press says should at any time affect a manager's decisions. And extra points for adding the how-is-this-argument-not-dead, "if you aren't a professional you can't ever criticize any decision a pro makes" logic. I guess almost everyone who called John Terry an idiot for his red card offense against us needs to apologize, since they've never been a defender in a professional league. I sincerely hope you don't seriously believe what you just wrote.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Management quiz question #2:

You have two key players at the age of 30. Both have played a ton of games for club and country over the past few years, and have another big tournament coming up. One is a fulback without any major injury in the last 4 years, the other is a striker whose performances have droped due to tiredness and playing with pain; both clearly could use a rest. Do you:

1. Give them the rest, but then the papers and fans are starting to say that you want to sell them. You then decide to play them, but one breaks his leg on the pitch and the other breaks his collarbone at the first training.

2. Play them every game until they injure themselves.

*extract from the book "No matter what a coach does, a fan will always do better"

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I can come up with a better quote than that tho...

Salou 10

I will miss him,i actually look like him.I hope he comes back soon after his time off.Goodbye Pep hope you return someday

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Pep :wub:

tumblr_lr2dtddUQS1r2hnbxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr2dp2p1i21r2hnbxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr2eh5beeO1r2hnbxo1_500.jpg

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Management quiz question #3:

You have the best player in the world playing for you. he has his arch nemesis also playing in this league. they are currently winning the league and also closely competing on the golden shoe and are also in CL's SF stage. what will you do to make sure it is your player that wins the Fifa Ballon Dor?

1. win the aforementioned CL in front of their watery eyes

2. win some copa del gay

3. leave the club

4. make the said player take some Fifa courses as "101 on not missing a penaldo"

*extract from the book "No matter what you do, Pep can do better"

:wub: :pep:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Guardiola: "In November, Zubizarreta suggested that he thought about Tito as a coach. I said it was a great idea."

Guardiola : " I told Tito after the Chelsea match, Barca is most likely going to offer him the job of the manager and it was good for him."

Guardiola : " I will always be by his side. Whenever he needs me I will be there . "

Guardiola: "The Athletic does not give up until the final minute. They will attack , we will attack and therefor, it will be a beautiful game. "

Guardiola:'' My relationship with Laporta and Rosell has been wonderful. I am grateful to the club''

Guardiola : "I would have liked to go to Munich . We did our best . Chelsea players deserves it. Congratulations to them."

Guardiola: "Athletic Club are a team With A Soul."

Guardiola : " In future we win or lose , the Club will remain strong because of the spirit of the people. The Club rules.It is bigger than anything or anyone."

Guardiola: "I'll talk to Tito to decide the lineup tomorrow"

Guardiola: "Everyone has contributed, I have not done anything. Players have created the spectacle.They are professionals and always come out clean"

Guardiola: "I am not fond of whistling the hymn.I feel that Esperanza Aguirre will not come to the match. We would be honored with her presence after what happened."

Guardiola: "If Chile wants the presence of Alexis, Alexis will be happy to go"

Guardiola: "Within 6 months I will not be coming back, I will be out for a long long time. Because Tito will do it very well. He deserves it.He is an integral part of this club."

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Guardiola : "This period was perfect . I am satisfied . Only thing negative was the diseases and injuries the players suffered.Rest were all good things."

Guardiola: " Athletic is a very intense team and also can play very well. We have to play at out level best."

Guardiola: "We have to keep possession and play our own game.We are doing very good . Let's see what happens tomorrow. "

Guardiola: "Neutral is what I have been since the 13 years of age when I arrived at this Club. I've always been that way"

Guardiola: "Will be away from the game for a while, need some months to recharge. If after that a club can seduce me, I'll coach again."

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans