Pep Guardiola

Andresito

Staff member
Time for him to come back.

I don't expect him to recreate his 2008-2012 stint. But what he can do is bring Barcelona back to its style and identity.
I'm sure he's suffering as much as we are watching this dull Barça play.

serghei

He ain't coming back, but we should really give it a go as soon as the next board is appointed if he's available. A pro-Cruyff board instead of these clowns would be a pretty nice proposition.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Conceded the league in December. Nice job.

Also hinted he's staying (preparing for next season) so that effectively means he'll be longer in sunny, beautiful and "full of history" club Man City than in his Barcelona.

Hope he rots there.

Andrew M

He ain't coming back, but we should really give it a go as soon as the next board is appointed if he's available. A pro-Cruyff board instead of these clowns would be a pretty nice proposition.

I reckon he'll stay until 2021 and see if he can still get a tune out of City.

I'd be happy for him to come back in 2 or 3 years, however, to see if he can build a great team again, albeit with a clearly inferior talent pool to what he had before in 2008. Even if he couldn't win the CL again he would at least give us his footballing aesthetic. But I'm not desperate or anything.

Andrew M

Conceded the league in December. Nice job.

Also hinted he's staying (preparing for next season) so that effectively means he'll be longer in sunny, beautiful and "full of history" club Man City than in his Barcelona.

Hope he rots there.

No need to be so bitter towards him. He gave us years of great joy after all. He's entitled to work where he wishes

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No need to be so bitter towards him. He gave us years of great joy after all. He's entitled to work where he wishes

Sure. And as he is. Collecting best possible wages in clubs that dominated leagues without him. Stating the reason he picked Bayern is because he liked historic clubs only to go to City next or naming Foden as most intelligent player he saw. Or hailing Bielsa best manager in the game.
Pep is fake as they come and coaching a fake club.

Regarding his as some sort of Barca saint and blaming everything on Rosell is another thing though. Corrupted as he was he bent over backwards to keep him.

Rory

He needs to win a Champions League with city if he's to stay for another couple of years. The previous 2 seasons he's done a good enough job, last season you could say he did slightly better than what's expected by winning everything you can domestically. Looking at his whole record at City isn't that amazing, most likely 2 league titles in 4 years whilst having a blank chequebook is hardly anything to shout about. Same issues for Pep his whole career, when things click into place his teams are unstoppable, but just one thing goes wrong and it seems the whole thing comes crashing down. He needs to understand this and figure out what he can do to prevent it. If he'd have bought a bit smarter in the CB area, they'd probably have 7 or 8 more points this season and still have a chance at the league.

Andrew M

Sure. And as he is. Collecting best possible wages in clubs that dominated leagues without him. Stating the reason he picked Bayern is because he liked historic clubs only to go to City next or naming Foden as most intelligent player he saw. Or hailing Bielsa best manager in the game.
Pep is fake as they come and coaching a fake club.

Regarding his as some sort of Barca saint and blaming everything on Rosell is another thing though. Corrupted as he was he bent over backwards to keep him.

Yes I agree he talks his fair share of garbage and is overrated to an extent, but don't all high profile coaches try to get the best job they can? It's only now that their stocks have fallen that the likes of Mourinho and Ancelotti are taking these smaller jobs.

I think everyone accepts that Pep's football only works with elite players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
But Mourinho is the devil, remember?

Say what you will, he the Champions league with Porto and Inter while also kinda breaking Pep's Barca dominance here.

I may sound a bit salty but only because pep disappointed me too after being regarded as demigod by fans and press alike. Had he left to coach, I don't know, Milan, Arsenal or Marseille I'd think much differently. He doesn't seem interested in Barca affairs at all either.

Xavi seems to be in the similar mould. And when you dig deeper Iniesta is still squeezing money as well plus his wine business.
Only one who looked like he cared is Puyol.

Alik

But Mourinho is the devil, remember?

Say what you will, he the Champions league with Porto and Inter while also kinda breaking Pep's Barca dominance here.

I may sound a bit salty but only because pep disappointed me too after being regarded as demigod by fans and press alike. Had he left to coach, I don't know, Milan, Arsenal or Marseille I'd think much differently. He doesn't seem interested in Barca affairs at all either.

Xavi seems to be in the similar mould. And when you dig deeper Iniesta is still squeezing money as well plus his wine business.
Only one who looked like he cared is Puyol.

Just to understand, why is Puyol the only who cared when he was the agent of many players that left Barcelona?
Why is Iniesta owning a wine business bad?

Who are your "gold standard" players in the world?

Also, Mourinho is on another league of lack of class.

Nazario1985

Man City owners have deeps pockets and are easily satisfied, so it's a dream club for him why go elsewhere, where spending 1.5 Billions $ without a CL title could nearly land you in prison !

Imagine if EV or Zidane were 14 points behind the leader, their will be some funny chants @stadiums

Home of Barca Fans