Pep Guardiola

Andresito

Staff member
I'm also thinking NT or maybe conquer all 5 top leagues.
But I don't think Spain NT is an obvious option. I wonder if England NT won't suit him well with their biggest star being a player he himself developed into world class in Sterling.

khaled_a_d

He said before he wants to coach Brescia before his coaching career is over, though he stopped talking about that. Let's see if he will keep his words.
Doubt NT on the table, his style won't fit working with a team sporadically.

Devils

He said this summer that he will eventually return to Barcelona but not as President.

Whether that means first team manager, youth team manager, Masia director etc...who knows.

BBZ8800

He is an amazing coach.
But something is so rotten about his personality and honesty.

Other guys here mentioned interviews, that is true.
Lately when I watch his matches, his reactions from the bench, jumping, arguing are so cringeworthy, almost reaching levels of fakeness of CR7.
He has totally lost it.

I would like to see him back as a coach, but other things about him are so fake and dishonest.

gasgas

He is an amazing coach.
But something is so rotten about his personality and honesty.

Other guys here mentioned interviews, that is true.
Lately when I watch his matches, his reactions from the bench, jumping, arguing are so cringeworthy, almost reaching levels of fakeness of CR7.
He has totally lost it.

I would like to see him back as a coach, but other things about him are so fake and dishonest.

I thought you hated the guy and his style of football

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't care too much about his personality as long as he's not toxic.

As for Pep being animated, jumping up and down, then he's always been like that. That's actually him. There's some insanity, craziness that's a part him that makes him look like a psychopath, but it's genuine.

Leo_Messi

I'm grateful for Laporta trusting in his project and giving the right people the enough support to take some risky decisions.

But I don't want him back. He'll only be a hinder in kicking this board out.

Barcelona need to move away from this Laportistas vs Nuñistas/Rosellistas war. We need someone new.

Victor Font has been designing a plan for years. Arranging several meetings locally in Catalunya with Penyas. He has the support of Xavi and presumably Carles Puyol too who has been attending a few of his press conferences/meetups.

Laporta's crew won't return. Multiple board members either resigned or ended up turning against him towards the end of his tenure. Txiki and Ferran Soriano have moved on to new projects which they won't leave.

I'm not a fan of people using their previous tenures as a way of buying their way back in. Besides some of his other projects he's been involved with and his political dealings will further divide the fanbase.

I would like to see a man's hard work for years, proper planning come through. Would be a breathe of fresh air for the club. Finally someone that's not associated with any of those groups.

I'm confident Font got a very good chance if he goes up against Cardoner or this board's succession plan, but if Laporta, Benedito and a couple of other fools involve themselves again, this board's successor might well end up stealing it in the end.

Hence why I wrote that Laporta and Font should join forces together in an ideal world. This would ensure that no opposition votes would be wasted and essentially limit the elections to a choice between Cardoner/another current board candidate and the opposition (Laporta/Font).

I am familiar with all of Font's club policies and agree with many of them hence my praise for him and some of my translations of his longer interviews that I did on this forum a while ago. Nevertheless he has no experience. Yet.

As far as Laporta goes, the real architect behind the club's enormous success and change of fortune since 2003, there is a fear of Laporta wanting to drag the current feud on with Rosell/Bartomeu but I don't really think that he would commit the same mistakes that Rosell did in 2010 for the sake of some personal vendetta. Apparently he and Rosell have buried the hatches after Rosell was released from prison.

I look at Laporta very much like I look at Pérez. Extremely dedicated and passionate people for their respective clubs with tons of experience, accomplishments and contacts in the football world, locally and internationally. One cannot underestimate that. Much like Pérez, I believe that a more experienced Laporta will have learned from his mistakes too.

As for the Man City lot and their possible return, that we cannot know for sure. I would not rule it out and even if they don't return, there are other options out there.

Laporta's past political career plays no role here and as long as the question of Catalan independence is a hot political topic, there will be political divisions within the fanbase irrespective of the president. That's just how things are, have always been and likely always will be. Barça is far greater than that political division though and the club as an institution won't change anything in this regard irrespective of the personal views of a given Barça president.

Anyway there is a lot of sentiment towards Laporta for many locals, understandably so, me included, but if Font ends up winning or Laporta joins Font's campaign, I will surely not lament that. Anyone other than the current incompetent lot would be welcome, as I have written 1 billion times on this forum already.

Benedito is a joke. Don't see him running and embarrassing himself for the 100th time.

Anyway there is little point to make any lasting conclusions until the opposition candidates become known and the election campaign starts. I want to see what kind of sporting and economic visions, board members, ideas etc. each candidate will propose before making my mind up on who to vote for.

The most important thing for me is that the future president will remain faithful to the Cruyff sporting model that have made Barça the most successful club in the world in the past 30 years based on trophies won, legacy, playing style, number of canteranos playing for the first team, there being a clearly defined sporting project from the Benjamí A to the first team etc. 9+ years of neglect on this front is already bad enough. This can't drag on. Notwithstanding the many other scandals and incompetent decisions time and time again.

I want to see a radical Cruyyfista in charge of the club and both Laporta and Font are that so that is perfect as I see it.

Last edited:

DonAK

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION]

Laporta and Font will never join forces. Two strong personalities who want to be in charge.

Leo_Messi

[MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION]

Laporta and Font will never join forces. Two strong personalities who want to be in charge.

Not saying it is likely to occur but that is my personal hope. I think it would be ideal for them to run together with Font being the "delfín". Vice president in other words. Would give him the necessary experience and after the first Laporta candidacy, Font could run for president.

This way some of the old guard that should ideally help shape the future of Barça such as Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta and others, would not have to pick sides and the opposition would be united under a very strong pro-Cruyff banner.

If they don't unite, there is the disgusting and deeply troubling prospect of Cardoner or another guy from the current board, ending up winning the elections. Personally I doubt that but all it takes is a successful current season (Bartomeu could announce early elections next summer if the team ends up repeating the 2014-15 season, doubtful though) or a successful 2020-21 season, for most people to suffer collective amnesia like in the summer of 2015.

DonAK

Not saying it is likely to occur but that is my personal hope. I think it would be ideal for them to run together with Font being the "delfín". Vice president in other words. Would give him the necessary experience and after the first Laporta candidacy, Font could run for president.

This way some of the old guard that should ideally help shape the future of Barça such as Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta and others, would not have to pick sides and the opposition would be united under a very strong pro-Cruyff banner.

If they don't unite, there is the disgusting and deeply troubling prospect of Cardoner or another guy from the current board, ending up winning the elections. Personally I doubt that but all it takes is a successful current season (Bartomeu could announce early elections next summer if the team ends up repeating the 2014-15 season, doubtful though) or a successful 2020-21 season, for most people to suffer collective amnesia like in the summer of 2015.

The easiest choice is Laporta taking a step back for the sake of the club instead of being an egoist and chasing glory again when most of his support staff including former players are about to align themselves with Victor Font, or are involved in other projects and won't return.

We're two years away from the elections, perhaps even one year if Bartomeu calls for early elections next year, and Laporta has yet to present a plan or given a definitive answer about his candidacy.

He'll most likely come out with another half-assed plan half a year before again, while Font is visiting Penyas and other fan groups in Catalunya and trying to engage fans globally.

Should just give his support to Font and take a step back.

There's no way Grupo Godo will let Laporta back in again. It's dirty politics and manipulation of the socis through the press, but it is what it is. No way around it.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

The easiest choice is Laporta taking a step back for the sake of the club instead of being an egoist and chasing glory again when most of his support staff including former players are about to align themselves with Victor Font, or are involved in other projects and won't return.

Laporta has not been directly involved in club policies for the past 9 years other than his disappointing election campaign in 2015 (of course aside from the opinions of his that he has given in the capacity of a former club president from time to time, something completely normal even for clowns like Gaspart) that to me seemed to have been created in a hurry and without much conviction of success. So not sure about your "egoist" and "chasing glory" remarks. It's the current toxic, incompetent and cancerous board that waged a personal war based on utter lies against Laporta even before they won the elections in 2010.

Laporta is a club legend who deserves respect first and foremost and a second chance. I have no doubt in my mind that he would follow in the footsteps of Pérez' second term at RM.

As I wrote earlier, the day we won the Champions League against Juve, Bartomeu's future as club president was already decided. Laporta could do very little to change that.

Xavi has spoken in favor of Font openly but other than him not many others. We can't know for certain who Xavi would publicly support if Laporta ends up running in 2021. What is sure is that Laporta has many more (potentially) club legends that would openly take his side if Laporta kickstarts a serious campaign.

Anyway for me this is not about Laporta or Font. For me this is about the current parasites not continuing and further damaging the club. I would be content as long as either Laporta or Font wins. As of now, I would prefer Laporta for the reasons that I have mentioned, but won't make my mind up until every candidate is known and his/her project.

Last edited:

DonAK

Laporta has not been directly involved in club policies for the past 9 years other than his disappointing election campaign in 2015 that to me seemed to have been created in a hurry and without much conviction of success. So not sure about your "egoist" and "chasing glory" remarks. It's the current toxic, incompetent and cancerous board that waged a personal war based on utter lies against Laporta even before they won the elections in 2010.

Laporta is a club legend who deserves respect first and foremost and a second chance. I have no doubt in my mind that he would follow in the footsteps of Pérez' second term at RM.

As I wrote earlier, the day we won the Champions League against Juve, Bartomeu's future as club president was already decided. Laporta could do very little to change that.

Xavi has spoken in favor of Font openly but other than him not many others. We can't know for certain who Xavi would publicly support if Laporta ends up running in 2021. What is sure is that Laporta has many more (potentially) club legends that would openly take his side if Laporta and his future kickstart a serious campaign.

Anyway for me this is not about Laporta or Font. For me this is about the current parasites not continuing and further damaging the club. I would be content as long as either Laporta or Font wins. As of now, I would prefer Laporta for the reasons that I have mentioned, but won't make my mind up until every candidate is known and his/her project.

Well, we disagree here.

I get the Florentino example, but I don't believe in second chances based on what you did a decade ago.

I don't understand why someone would support him based on that when he has no plan, no ideas, no alternatives, no support staff, absolutely nothing to show for.

But that's just me. I can value former experience, but not when it's as shallow as Laporta is.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta does not appear to have anything new to offer other than bashing the current board (rightfully so). Font looks like the only person who has some ideas and offers alternatives to the current board members.

Leo_Messi

Well, we disagree here.

I get the Florentino example, but I don't believe in second chances based on what you did a decade ago.

I don't understand why someone would support him based on that when he has no plan, no ideas, no alternatives, no support staff, absolutely nothing to show for.

But that's just me. I can value former experience, but not when it's as shallow as Laporta is.

Somewhat bombastic to claim that Laporta has nothing to "show for" when the elections are almost 2 years away. It's not like Font has an entire team behind him filled with experienced people and club legends. So far he has nobody either. As for his ideas, one of them are about to be approved, electronic voting, but I remember Laporta mentioning that years ago as well. So not exactly an original idea. For that to happen the laws in Spain would need to allow electronic voting as well. That and alternative sources of income. Font's ideas are promising but it makes no sense to make any such conclusions or judge the projects of candidates with almost 2 years left for the elections to occur. Let's see what Laporta ends up doing before passing judgement.

For now I value Laporta's goodwill, achievements, experience, connections locally and internationally and well-proven track record in terms of club dedication, him being a Cruyyfista etc. over Font, no matter how promising some of the latter ideas are and him being a new face. For now that is but as I wrote it would be smart to wait for the election campaign to kickstart before passing judgement for either candidate.

For all we know, Laporta might decide not to run.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans