Pep Guardiola

maz

I walk the line
I agree evil. Pep allows his players to express themselves much more than mourinho.

However one thing pep is learning from mourinho is not to let his players burn out. True, mourinho went to the opposite end of the spectrum by getting his players to sit on a one goal lead, but i think pep is beginning to realise that the team needs to take their foot off the gas after we have a 2 or 3 goal lead.

Barca_Ray_USA

Pep is having such a success with little or no help from our "best" signings (Caceres and Hleb). It`s basically the same team he inherited from Frank + Pique and Keita who aren` even regular first 11 (ok Pique is close)

Wonder what Txiki thinks of it. He spent 60 or 70 mil. only to see his signings aren`t instrumental at all.

Evil

Shabazz
Pep is having such a success with little or no help from our "best" signings (Caceres and Hleb). It`s basically the same team he inherited from Frank + Pique and Keita who aren` even regular first 11 (ok Pique is close)

Wonder what Txiki thinks of it. He spent 60 or 70 mil. only to see his signings aren`t instrumental at all.

Alves makes a HUGE diffrence IMO, but still I agree one player is not enough to bring success to a club.

maz

I walk the line
Theres an interesting sid lowe article in this month's World Soccer. Ill post it later. He mentioned that alves was the only regular starter that wasnt in the squad last year.

S

Snyde

Keita + Busquets have added alot of steel into the midfield. We are lucky with respect to the injuries this season. And Henry has come in form as well.

The few clear things that Pep is solely responsible for:
1. Harder training.
2. Much better discipline.
3. We are much much better at set pieces.
4. Tactically more sound. Better at countering the threat of opponents.
5. Better at counter-attacks.
6. He put Xavi in an more attacking role reducing his defensive duties which greatly enhanced his performances.

To an extent you may say that we are mentally much stronger as well. And our defense doesn't leak (many) late goals ie. higher levels of concentration.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good points Snyde.

He also instilled the players cohesion. For example: He introduced the idea of squad having lunch together every day

maz

I walk the line
:lol:

I agree snyde..although we are only better at attacking set pieces. When it comes to defending we are still at the mercy of the opposition not being good enough. I would predict a team like chelsea or man utd would murder us on corners/free kicks.

And another thing pep has changed is the defence playing a much higher line. There is now less space between the defence and mifield (under rijkaard he had as playing very deep and never really playing the offside trap).

Home of Barca Fans