Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Problem is though it's always a short term fix with Pep. He will be gone from there in 3 years too.

Perhaps, but two things....One, Pep's legacy even after 3 years can germinate for many after...Don't kid yourself if you fail to see the fruits of his labor with this Barca side, even Lucho acknowledges this...Two, if there were a scenario where Pep might stay beyond 3 - this could be it based on having a near ideal set of circumstances...Circumstances, let's face it, if he had at the end with Barcelona would still be here

JamDav1982

Perhaps, but two things....One, Pep's legacy even after 3 years can germinate for many after...Don't kid yourself if you fail to see the fruits of his labor with this Barca side, even Lucho acknowledges this...Two, if there were a scenario where Pep might stay beyond 3 - this could be it based on having a near ideal set of circumstances...Circumstances, let's face it, if he had at the end with Barcelona would still be here

Nah Pep stayed true to what he said when he first arrived at the club and he knew how long managers tend to last.

He probably stayed longer than he himself thought.

User1986

With Guardiola taking on City in the summer I am sure about two things.
-City will dominate domestic league with him easy.
-Days are numbered for that dumbass Kolarov at City.

Jadentheman

Not too worried about him signing Barca stars. Who? Messi? Suarez? Busquets? Neymar? Don't think so. Neymar is the only one I'm not sold on, but that might only be because of his insufferable father.

Him grabbing Roberto and Bartra is a legitimate threat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Relax, he won't come after any of our players unless we intend to sell someone. I don't see any of our stars wanting to change Barca for Manchester City, especially the City of Manchester. Barcelona is a 10x better place to live in, single or with family.

Not worried at all about him going there, nor disappointed.

Last edited:
It's a wonderful metaphysical conundrum. Guardiola and the EPL are like the two most stubborn football entities :lol:.. And so radically different.

ini4ever

never thought some barca fans would consider him overrated or need to be proven to the world or themselves after what he'd done with barca,disappointing somehow.
as DonAK says , relax, our players wouldn't leave barca to city just because of pep, to work under a good manager is one of leaving considered options but not the only one.

Barcilliant

Pep is a Barça great but the epl will be a pain for him.

There's no Christmas break, Manchester is a shitty city and his favoured style of play won't work as well.

City have the riches in the epl but Pep won't find it easy.

Catalan Fan

Am quite pleased he's going to manage a PL club, it will be interesting to see how he does, be even more fun if Mou goes to Utd too !

I honestly can't see any of our lot joining him either and to suggest any of our front three would swap Barca for City is quite laughable.It's just not going to happen.

Obiaseti

Curious to see how he'll do there. Without the pressure of having to respect the club's historical playing style or winning the CL every season he should have all the freedom to indulge in his famed tinkering. One think is for certain he definitely has a lot of player pull and consequently so will city. I agree that our players wouldn't be tempted but he definitely gives them an edge over their epl rivals.

ManusXavi

I don't feel I need to question Pep Guardiola too much. My curiosities lie with Sheikh Mansour and how he handles his board in order to give Guardiola the time and freedom that he wants.
I wonder if we will see a rejection of who the world perceives to be a good player. . . . .
A player that Guardiola doesn't want.

Silas

Who seriously expected him to move to a smaller club just to prove his doubters wrong? No one ever chooses to step down a level like that, in any profession.

Home of Barca Fans