Pep Guardiola

JamDav1982

Would not be surprised one bit if he has been working on the City job since last summer.

Even their signings last summer I would wager anything he gave approval and asked for certain players. KDB was about to sign for Bayern and suddenly signed for City and Pep long been linked to Sterling.

Also wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if they have been working on Neymar for months and he has at least some thought to go.

Neymar this season has admitted he knows of City interest and didnt rule it out, started giving a reason for perhaps leaving Spain and also said he dreams of working under Guardiola.

Not saying Ney has decided to go but I think it is a slight possibility and would guess Guardiola been putting the feelers out to him for months.

Reckon he will come for Roberto as well.

serghei

Well, did you expect him to retire after leaving Barça? But one thing that seems clear to me, is he won't take a job in Spain again. If not Psg, he could go to the Spanish nt after city. Fits his schedule.

I agree he won't ever cross that line. He wont go to Real Madrid (basically that's what Spain means almost). Still, I am man enough to admit it that if he ever denies us a CL I would remember him in a less happy way.

Devils

I also think his managerial career is developing in a way that will make him more of an enemy than one of us. By 2019 he would had already spent 7 season as a manager trying to beat us in Europe. That sounds like an enemy, not a friend. Different paths I guess...

Blaugrana as a player, out for personal gain as a manager.

If he ever beats us in Europe in a CL final or semifinal or such, he's dead to me. :lol:

Enemy is kind of harsh term, he will be our competitor, but he hasn't really sought to destroy Barca.

Pep becomes an enemy if he uses his infinite economic resources to lure our star players to City. This is City, their whole success depends on buying, buying and more buying. There is no philosophy at the club, no history, no youth system...it's all money.

My guess is that a lot of that City squad will be gone when Pep arrives, their key players are getting older and they will be buying some of the best talent in the world.

I will be furious if him and City look to our club to buy. And knowing our greasy board, they would take offers into consideration as well.

Alen

Well, did you expect him to retire after leaving Barça? But one thing that seems clear to me, is he won't take a job in Spain again. If not Psg, he could go to the Spanish nt after city. Fits his schedule.

With his open support of catalan independence? Would be quite surprising honestly.

Icarium

Lifestealer
As long as he doesn't try to sign barca stars he has done nothing to disappoint me. It is his choice on which club he goes to. As long he doesn't join Real Madrid I am fine with wherever he goes. I hope he never wins against barca and even if he does my opinion of him will not change.

JamDav1982

I dont think he will ever manager Spain but he will go into intl management probably with a South American team that can match the technique he likes.

mazp

As long as he doesn't try to sign barca stars he has done nothing to disappoint me. It is his choice on which club he goes to. As long he doesn't join Real Madrid I am fine with wherever he goes. I hope he never wins against barca and even if he does my opinion of him will not change.

I think it's foolish not to think he would try to sign our players. It's business. Neymar being 1st target

F

Flavia

With his open support of catalan independence? Would be quite surprising honestly.
He played for the Spanish nt. VdB sees him as a potential replacement. And, IIRC, Pep has been asked if he'd like to do it, and said yes.

serghei

Not too worried about him signing Barca stars. Who? Messi? Suarez? Busquets? Neymar? Don't think so. Neymar is the only one I'm not sold on, but that might only be because of his insufferable father.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think it's foolish not to think he would try to sign our players. It's business. Neymar being 1st target

He can try all he want barca won't sell Neymar. Board sees him as the future of the club. They went through lot of shit to get him.

serghei

I think the Pep brand has gotten a bit too big for it's own sake. Pep can make a south american star player to want to leave Barca or Real Madrid to join City? Please. If there's someone who can do that it's Mansour and his petrodollars.

mazp

He can try all he want barca won't sell Neymar. Board sees him as the future of the club. They went through lot of shit to get him.

Tell that to his father then...Besides I think Neymar Sr would view City as a downgrade imo, regardless of Money and Pep

Alen

He played for the Spanish nt. VdB sees him as a potential replacement. And, IIRC, Pep has been asked if he'd like to do it, and said yes.

He was more engaged in the cause once he stopped playing. I also remember him saying he played for the spanish national team because Catalonia doesn't have a team to play international cups and all. Who knows, maybe he will, but i personally don't see it happening.

Home of Barca Fans