Pep Guardiola

kollegah

According to MD's director, he ran because his relationship with the players was very bad and because he wanted to have all the glory to himself. And Tito and the players have made it clear who are the real responsables for Barca's glory since 2008 when they made 100 pts in La Liga. So I don't understand why you would still want to have this man as Barca's coach.

You were talking about motivation, about how he chose a treble winning team and I was only pointing that they weren't that team when he signed with Bayern..the Bayern's squad is a whole different discussion.

I've heard from the players 100 times that is unfair to compare this team with the one Pep had, but the only one I remember talking about Pep as being the difference is Xavi. Cesc has complained about Pep when he left and about Tito when he left and now said that only with Tata he has the freedom he wants. And most of the things about which I talked about were said this season, not last, so it's not about the players "going to have to push some positivity out of the situation when greatest coach in the history of the club was leaving during a period of difficult transition".
And it's fine fine by me..they have the obligation to support and listen to the coach, no matter who that person is, but I can't buy into "all of the players still had tremendous faith and respect towards him" when I read things like "Pep had made us slaves to a system" or when I saw what they did to Rijkaard.

my eyes are bleeding reading this post relying on md and wrong quotes.
WE maria WE not PEP made us slaves to our system, the quote is "we were slaves to our system"
and cesc is a whining pussy because he didnt play that much and that was right from pep and tito because iniesta and xavi make him look like a 3rd division player.
Messi loved pep, everyone loved pep, just idiots can not love pep for what he has done. without him u wouldnt see leo destroying the world, his barca beeing considered as the greatest team ever.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Short term memory loss, all I can conclude...even Pep clarified yesterday, comments that were misinterpreted...But let the witch hunt continue, it is the favorite pastime of immature posters

Stric

Guardiola: "With me, Barcelona wouldn't have won the Liga of the 100 points as they did with Tito and Roura. It was the right time to leave"

Yaya

Guardiola: "With me, Barcelona wouldn't have won the Liga of the 100 points as they did with Tito and Roura. It was the right time to leave"

Humble guy, as always. Could have said that with him they wouldn't have gotten embarrassed in majority of biggest games. People for some reason leave that out when talking about the 100points season.

Dude didn't lose more than 3 games with more than one goal in his 4 years and the moment he leaves teams like RM, Milan and Bayern are taking turns in pissing all over Barca.

Trickykid

Humble guy, as always. Could have said that with him they wouldn't have gotten embarrassed in majority of biggest games. People for some reason leave that out when talking about the 100points season.

Dude didn't lose more than 3 games with more than one goal in his 4 years and the moment he leaves teams like RM, Milan and Bayern are taking turns in pissing all over Barca.

And yet that team, that let RM, Milan and Bayern piss all over them, managed to do what Pep couldn't the season before, even with a superior squad, mind you - i.e. win the league. Funny how that works, eh?

Paganinisrvnge

Last year our team never looked like a great team, though. It was more-so individual brilliance(mostly Messi) constantly bailing out Tito(who waited until the last 10 minutes to make substitutions in difficult matches) while Real dropped a lot of points they weren't expected to. When it came down to important matches(except 2nd leg vs Milan), our team always looked inferior.

Yaya

And yet that team, that let RM, Milan and Bayern piss all over them, managed to do what Pep couldn't the season before, even with a superior squad, mind you - i.e. win the league. Funny how that works, eh?

Not sure what point you are trying to make but that season was far less impressive than 100 points won indicate. Regressed big time in terms of actual play on the field, embarrassed in multiple big games, yeah 100 points but in very unimpressive fashion.

Maybe Guardiola would do much better in 2011./12(in terms of results) if the club actually had real pre-season preparations and not a circus like turney around the world. And obviously if his key players didn't choke like virgins vs Chelsea missing all those chances.

His results were not impressive but actual play and being competitive in big games was still miles better than anything in the glorified 100points season.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Last year our team never looked like a great team, though. It was more-so individual brilliance(mostly Messi) constantly bailing out Tito(who waited until the last 10 minutes to make substitutions in difficult matches) while Real dropped a lot of points they weren't expected to. When it came down to important matches(except 2nd leg vs Milan), our team always looked inferior.

Did we look like a great team in 11/12? Sure, we did better in ChL, but we still crashed and burned against a poor Chelsea side.
This Messi excuse is getting stale. Numbers wise, Messi was even better in Pep's last season. So if you really want to give Messi all the credit for Tito's season, what does that make the 11/12 season?
I'm not sure why you bring RM and their lost points into the equation either. We still managed the elusive 100 points - with or without RM being poor.

I'm not Tito's greatest fan, and everybody knows that he fucked up in various off the field areas too, but i still feel some credit should be awarded for that season - especially because Pep did even worse the season before. And this is exactly the point: I don't think he would have done better than Tito. He saw that the team was going stale, and abandoned ship because of this. If he had thought he could right the wrongs, I think he would've stayed. He didn't, and it obviously was the right decision on a personal level, and for Barca too, I believe.

Long story short: Pep saw that the team was going downhill and got the hell out of Dodge. Tito took over the remains and retained the La Liga crown, while he and the team made fools of themselves in Europe. Would Pep have done better? I doubt it.

Paganinisrvnge

Crashed and burned against Chelsea? The team were dominant and superior(not just possession like against Bayern where they had meaningless possession in their own half). Barcelona hit the post/crossbar 4 times over 2 legs. Chelsea scored 3 goals from maybe 4 good chances. Chelsea were EXTREMELY lucky that entire CL campaign. If Messi's penalty was 3cm lower or Petr Cech can't make an amazing save to push a Messi shot onto the post then Barcelona were through to the Final and probably would've been that Bayern team. Last year it was at times embarrassing to watch Barcelona vs big teams.

zealot

Thanks for sharing Alik.

The thing I miss the most from Guardiola's era is not for the success. But I really miss how the media covered the way our team was run. People were very interested on how Pep manage and motivate his team. People want to know what Pep and his charges did on and off the pitch, and copy them since it obviously produced so much success. The coverage and analysis were plenty and detailed, that sometime we may, eventhough just as fans, feel so close to the team.

Unfortunately nowadays its all about pointing fingers and blame games. Just look in this forum. Its very very sad :(

Home of Barca Fans