Pep Guardiola

Yugo Count Dante

IaHgF.jpg

Yugo Count Dante

I dont think Pep is leaving because of loss of the league and champions league. Thinking like that is petty and narrowminded which isn't really Peps style. I believe its a combination of the stresses of the job and the affect it is having on his family/personal life. There were rumours of his wife having given him an ultimatum of his family or his club earlier this season or last season. Although unconfirmed I believe there may be some sort of truth in it. With Peps obsession with perfection and over analysis of video footage I can easy imagine that imposing on his family life. Pep himself has admitted that the job is demanding and stressfull with his jokes about hair loss etc. So after 3 years of complete dedication and commitment the guy deserves a break. Who knows, maybe he will come back to us a year or 2 down the line and become our Sir Alex if react to him leaving with gratitude and respect his decision completely.

Id love for him to take up the Barca B job for a year or 2 so he could have influence on the future of Barca without the pressure that comes with being 1st team coach.
Perfectly fine with me, after all family matters are important and should not be ignored because of football. Personal stress and health are bigger than football too...

But leaving for another club would feel like betrayal leaving a bitter sweet taste to his era.

BibB

Perfectly fine with me, after all family matters are important and should not be ignored because of football. Personal stress and health are bigger than football too...

But leaving for another club would feel like betrayal leaving a bitter sweet taste to his era.

I honestly dont think he'll leave us for another club directly, maybe after a year out of the game he could end up somewhere else if the situation arises but id like to think we'd take him back with open arms

Yugo Count Dante

"I will speak with my assistant [Tito Vilanova] and president Sandro Rosell and then we will decide what is best for the club.

"We will talk about everything, about the club's situation, and we will make a decision because evidently now is the time."

I think he will stay, simply because that's the best for the club atm.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Sports saying Guardiola already told Rosell that he wants to quit.... but Rosell is trying his best. Meeting with Tito yesterday and he himself met Pep at his house last night.

utility73

I for myself would be very disappointed if Pep doesn't renew.
Disappointed with the situation that is, not with Pep.
When Pep took over the first team I think remembering him saying something like that he might not have the power to this longer than for a few seasons.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Rosell has offered blank cheque to Guardiola yesterday night when Zubi and Rosell met him at Pep's house. But Guardiola refused it. Tv3 is reporting it live.

Tomorrow possible press conference after practice session and after players are informed , there will be an official statement. :( :( :(

oz187

He puts too much pressure on himself. Look at the reaction of the fans after Torres scored, the fans support him not just in success but the way he conducts himself and the way he gets the team to play. Hopefully he signs on again and hopefully he learns from all the mistakes he made this season.

Yugo Count Dante

Rosell has offered blank cheque to Guardiola yesterday night when Zubi and Rosell met him at Pep's house. But Guardiola refused it. Tv3 is reporting it live.

Tomorrow possible press conference after practice session and after players are informed , there will be an official statement. :( :( :(
This feels worse than any loss.

I won't bother to even think about what the future will hold if this is true. Perhaps the team will continue to play constantly beautiful like they do now, maybe this will change and everything will go downhills, maybe not... but this news surely make things a lot more uncertain, and will bring a lot changes.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

What I feared the most (more than a possible defeat in CL and the league) seems to become the case tomorrow.

What a sad end if he indeed calls it a day.

But no matter how pointless it seems from our perspective it will surely be the right choice if he does not feel that he can offer the team the same dedication as previously.

It has never been a matter of finance but instead a matter of whether "hay un feeling o no".

But nothing is decided yet. I know that virtually all Catalan medias are reporting the same but you never know. Something tells me he want leave just yet. He still has unfinished business to do.

Home of Barca Fans