Paulinho

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Stop trolling. You've been warned.

He's just taking out his anger on this forum because the best player from his favourite club wants to leave for Barcelona. I've been guilty of that myself in the past with Mascherano, Alonso and Suarez.

Which is why when Coutinho moves after the 2018 world cup to one of the big 2 (Barca or Real) I won't be upset because it's natural to want to move to those two clubs and it's the way it is.

xXKonan

Wouldn't be surprised we have old scouting reports during his time at Corinthians where he had some success but other wise not much else. If we are considering him an option is very likely due to his performances for Brazil and China.

If you have a system and a XI that already has a good number of creative players and assign him in a role where all he has to do is help cover the defense and win the ball back and occasionally make runs into the box he would be decent.

Watching a couple of his performances with Brazil, he appears to have the same role. Tite uses him as a Destroyer DM/B2B kinda of role. He tracks back wins the ball back and passes it to the nearest player he can find and he occassional makes those runs into the box to get into position that he can possibly score.

You know who else that reminds me of? Oh we already have one and it's Rakitic. Rakitic's role was pretty basic, he covered for Alves and brought legs to the Midfield and he didn't have a creative role and played like a DM for most of the time. Except Rakitic, is better with the ball and occasionally makes a great pass/long ball when needed. He has a lot of weaknesses, himself but he's a better player than Paulinho.

We are a team that needs Midfielders who are very strong on the ball, and Paulinho would not solve that problem at all.

Last edited:

xXKonan

damn,i was hoping it will say we won't offer anything ... full stop :banghead:
Cadena Ser, a more reliable source says we plan on bidding. But I bet it will be at max 20-25 Million. which is a good thing because Paulinho's team will never accept that bid. :lol:

xXKonan

You never know :bartomeu:
I don't know it's a foolish idea to spend 40 million on a 28-29 year old Midfielder who is the same profile as several other Midfielders we already have in our squad.

If we buy him and only him to reinforce the Midfield this summer Robert and the Board would get roasted to hell in back if he fails, it's just to risky even for them. :lol:

God Serena

I would be confused over why we're trying to sign this guy but realistically speaking, he's Brazilian.

He's probably related to Neymar's dad or sister in some way :lol:

springfield

Don't think it will happen. If they sell him, they need to replace him. His clause is 40M, which is probably to much for Barcelona. In China they changed the rules and now a club needs to pay 100% of tax which will go to a fund for youth development. So it's not really worth it for them. If they get 40M then they can only buy a player worth 20M.

Raketa10

This bullshit rumor just isn't stopping!!! Jesus Christ it's soooooo irritating.

We should put banner on Camp Nou: "Paulinho, nobody want's you here. Stay in China and please don't ever consider moving to Barca!"

springfield

I don't see any reason why it will happen. There are 2 stories about, not much for a transfer rumour. And one is that they don't want to sell him. It's not like the rumour is here for weeks already... A rumour is not going to dissapear after one day. One media writes the story, others pick it up... this can take some days to fade away.

Home of Barca Fans