Paulinho

JamDav1982

A 'yes man' doesn't question it. I don't claim to know more about the situation than Valverde. I do know that Barto's former boss is rotting is prison for corruption that he conducted while being the FCB. I do know that Barto himself is currently in the process of being investigated.

The Chinese benefit because the Evergrande group is a commercial real estate company that would be establishing an international business partnership that would results in expansion of operations and profits through partnership with Adelte.

Why would the Chinese need the Paulinho transfer to do that?

They have companies lining up to work with them. Dont think they are that desperate to work with Bartos company they start making dodgy deals.

Devils

Why would the Chinese need the Paulinho transfer to do that?

They wouldn't need a Paulinho transfer to establish a business relationship at all. But they are making a MASSIVE profit off the sale of Paulinho, nearly 4x what they bought him for.

Easily plausible that Paulinho is more of a bargaining token that would allow for future deals to be conducted between the two parties. Hence why it would be a huge conflict of interest of the board's part.

JamDav1982

They wouldn't need a Paulinho transfer to establish a business relationship at all. But they are making a MASSIVE profit off the sale of Paulinho, nearly 4x what they bought him for.

Easily plausible that Paulinho is more of a bargaining token that would allow for future deals to be conducted between the two parties. Hence why it would be a huge conflict of interest of the board's part.

What is being hinted at is that Barto is using Barca money to win contracts with the Chinese club owners for Adelte. Is that correct?

So basically the Chinese get an under the table payment of up to 40m through the football clubs to win those contracts.

Is that what you believe that the owners are pocketing that profit?

Devils

What is being hinted at is that Barto is using Barca money to win contracts with the Chinese club owners for Adelte. Is that correct?

So basically the Chinese get an under the table payment of up to 40m through the football clubs to win those contracts?

Is that what you believe that the owners are pocketing that profit?

Adelte would get the contracts from the Chinese to expand business operations into Asia.

But yes to the rest.

JamDav1982

Adelte would get the contracts from the Chinese to expand business operations into Asia.

But yes to the rest.

But that for me falls down the moment they buy a replacement of Paulinho.

The moment they spend a 20m fee or more they are out of pocket and have have most likely replaced their best player with an inferior one and gained nothing financially.

On the Chinese side they are not gaining anything in that scenario.

Devils

But that for me falls down the moment they buy a replacement of Paulinho.

The moment they spend a 20m fee or more they are out of pocket and have have most likely replaced their best player with an inferior one and gained nothing financially.

Haha sure from a sporting perspective it hurts them. But what about from a financial perspective for the Evergrande Group?

At the end of the day they are a real estate company that owns a football club, not a football club that's involved in real estate. Taking a small loss in one of your sub-investments to leverage potential large financial gains through future deals is surely something that must be realistically contemplated from a business sense.

This is all purely speculation of course. But for me, it makes absolutely ZERO sense for us to bring in another Non-EU player into this team. If you look at it sporting wise, it's an absolutely terrible decision. If we get Coutinho, that means that Marlon will have to leave the first team, that also means that we wont be able to accomadate Yerri Mina when he arrives in January. That means that our CB depth is essentially destroyed as we will only have Pique, Umtiti and a declining Mascherano. Sure we could buy another CB like Inigo, but spend another 30m+ when we are already going to get drained on Coutinho and Dembele? All at the same time possibly forcing Samper and Roberto out of the club.

The whole scenario makes no sense. From a sporting perspective, it's just an insane decision.

JamDav1982

Haha sure from a sporting perspective it hurts them. But what about from a financial perspective?

At the end of the day they are a real estate company that owns a football club, not a football club that's involved in real estate. Taking a small loss in one of your sub-investments to leverage potential large financial gains through future deals is surely something that must be realistically contemplated from a business sense.

This is all purely speculation of course. But for me, it makes absolutely ZERO sense for us to bring in another Non-EU player into this team. If you look at it sporting wise, it's an absolutely terrible decision. If we get Coutinho, that means that Marlon will have to leave the first team, that also means that we wont be able to accomadate Yerri Mina when he arrives in January. That means that our CB depth is essentially destroyed as we will only have Pique, Umtiti and a declining Mascherano. Sure we could buy another CB like Inigo, but spend another 30m+ when we are already going to get drained on Coutinho and Dembele? All at the same time possibly forcing Samper and Roberto out of the club.

The whole scenario makes no sense. From a sporting perspective, it' just an insane decision.

The financial perspective is what I am speaking about more than sporting one.

It doesnt make sense for them to put in more than 40m to replace Paulinho if they are making that much as a back hander. They lose out financially and have an inferior player.

Nothing gained from it and potentially a lot of money spent out.

I agree the transfer seems crazy. Paulinho was shit at Spurs and cant believe will have improved enough to be an asset at Barca.

Do think his profile is right but wrong fucking player.

El Barcelona

Haha sure from a sporting perspective it hurts them. But what about from a financial perspective for the Evergrande Group?

The whole scenario makes no sense. From a sporting perspective, it's just an insane decision.

Good post btw.

Edit: Nice article on Sport... :lol:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/messi-to-paulinho-ill-see-you-in-barcelona-6225280

Last edited:

God Serena

I think the main reason everyone is suspicious of corruption is because if he was bought purely for sporting reasons then this is absolutely fucking madness and an explanation can't even begin to be described because it's just so god damned bewildering.

xXKonan

Corruption could play a role in this.

but it wouldn't be shocking at all if this was mostly pure incompetence at it's finest. Some scouts of ours and the rest of the sporting department saw his games for Brazil and thought "WE MUST HAVE HIM". They probably wouldn't have gave two shits about him if he was still playing with the Spurs.

All it took for him to return to the National team and put in some good performances and bam we are interested.

ryuken

You forgot that they apparently asked the almighty Tít for his opinion then move with that, im running out of curse words for this pathetic excuse of a board

xXKonan

Paulinho's connection with tite goes back to their Corinthians days.

Paulinho was apart of Tite's team that won the 2012 Copa Libertadores and the team that won the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup against Chelsea and he was a starter for Tite for both competitions and in the league as well. He was one of Tite's most trusted players.

When Tite became manager of Brazil, that was the return of Paulinho for the national team despite playing in China. It's not really surprising Tite would recommend anyone to sign Paulinho.

D10S_

He was been playing well for Brazil, maybe he should just give him a shot, he can't be wrost than André Gomes so... lets see what happens!

Kuchi

Been working my way around this transfer for a few days now, makes no sense, unless it's for reasons "out of the football sphere" ...this stinks to put it more elegantly..

This is an absolute blow to all that we stood for in the last decade and another clear action that summarizes what this shit board turned us into...

It's not his fault, but he feels like the final nail to a coffin, driven into the ground by horrific decision making and no vision whatsoever by our board.

FCB as we know it is long gone and we should accept that we will not matter in Europe for a few years.

EdmondDantes

I'm thinking where we're going to shoe-horn him in.

It must be for Rakitic, who's been absolute trash this year. Paulinho is lucky because it's difficult for him to be any worse.

Home of Barca Fans