Paul Pogba

FinBarcelonafan

? ? ?

The fact that you compared Rakitic to Pogba in acceleration and movement and can literally not see how far you're wrong LOL. It's genuinely one of the most baffling comments I've seen right next to Sterling being worse than Dembele.

Yeah, Pogbas pressing game is basically Rakitic jogging around. It's shit. That's my opinion of watching his game. He ain't good without the ball.

Not sure what else I could say. All his strengths are with the ball. Not without.

That's why United have so hard time putting him anywhere in the roster. He is liability everywhere defensively and not quick/fast enough to play more attacking role.

Similar to current Busi. He is liability defensively versus quick/fast/strong opponents. He doesn't have time to react to them and he can't do anything defensively because they run past him.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Holy shit...you just said he gets bypassed in the midfield for the same reason Busquets does. You just compared Pogba's mobility to not just Rakitic, but Busquets as well. No wonder Bulgroz quit this forum. That is genuinely the most baffling analysis I'll read within the next few weeks. Don't think it'll be topped for quite awhile.

FinBarcelonafan

Holy shit...you just said he gets bypassed in the midfield for the same reason Busquets does. You just compared Pogba's mobility to not just Rakitic, but Busquets as well. No wonder Bulgroz quit this forum. That is the most genuinely the most baffling analysis I'll read within the next few weeks. Don't think it'll be topped for quite awhile.

Okay. We are done with this conversation. Obviously you have your opinion, I have mine. Sorry I triggered you and your analysis. Hah

Laplacian

Okay. We are done with this conversation. Obviously you have your opinion, I have mine. Sorry I triggered you and your analysis. Hah

Yes mate, can't wait for your next edition in "Henry's actually a shite finisher" and "Havertz is actually quite slow?" in the future. We'll be looking forward to them.

Pogba routinely uses his acceleration to glide past defenders and you're comparing his mobility to Busquets, thinking that the inherent nature of opinions being subjective somehow salvages it from being utter nonsense. Christ you're a fuckwit.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yes mate, can't wait for your next edition in "Henry's actually a shite finisher" and "Havertz is actually quite slow?" in the future. We'll be looking forward to them.

Pogba routinely uses his acceleration to glide past defenders and you're comparing his mobility to Busquets, thinking that the inherent nature of opinions being subjective somehow salvages it from being utter nonsense. Christ you're a fuckwit.

Henry is already over 40. He is slow.

Hah

Birdy

Acceleration is not the same as final speed.
Pogba can accelerate in his first touch, but he when running with the ball in the open he is slower than many

Laplacian

Acceleration is not the same as final speed.
Pogba can accelerate in his first touch, but he when running with the ball in the open he is slower than many

Pogba has been listed as a player with " best top speeds reached during this match week" in the PL before. He has also been listed as one of the fastest players in several Manchester United squads...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-romelu-lukaku-fastest-11130998

Not that top speed is all that important, acceleration is what matters the most in football. Even slow CBs like Maguire have pretty athletic top speeds. Pogba's mobility (balance, change of pace, agility, jump height) is beyond what Busquets or Rakitic were ever capable of. Fin's assertions are laughable at the very least.

It seems like you two are being hilariously deceived by his strides (which are longer than average, but "look" slow compared to other strides).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pogba is not slow even if he looks like your 90 year old nan trying to run.

Just how his walking and running style is.

Birdy

Pogba has been listed as a player with " best top speeds reached during this match week" in the PL before. He has also been listed as one of the fastest players in several Manchester United squads...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-romelu-lukaku-fastest-11130998

Not that top speed is all that important, acceleration is what matters the most in football. Even slow CBs like Maguire have pretty athletic top speeds. Pogba's mobility (balance, change of pace, agility, jump height) is beyond what Busquets or Rakitic were ever capable of. Fin's assertions are laughable at the very least.

It seems like you two are being hilariously deceived by his strides (which are longer than average, but "look" slow compared to other strides).

That's top speed recorded in a game, and that was during 16/17 season. That's more than 4 years ago
I don't see him in the same list of top speeds recorded the last years in the EPL
Maybe he still has the ability to run fast, but he is not using it.

And that boils down to the real issue:
Even in 16/17 when he recorded the top speed incident you quoted, he was not running with the ball fast often enough, or I should say he was barely doing it.
If that happens because he likes his strides to be long and slow, it's immaterial.
That makes him practically slow even if he *can * run faster, because we care about what happens on the pitch.
If Mpabe was not exercising his ability to run, he would be way worse a player than he is now.

A good indicator of whether a player exercises his running is progressive distance covered in possession.
If you check that stat, Pogba is below par compared to many.

krakdol

A good indicator of whether a player exercises his running is progressive distance covered in possession.
If you check that stat, Pogba is below par compared to many.

Pogba is basically a quarterback, his strength is long passes and assists, he mostly doesn't try to cover distance in possession because he passes the ball instead... That's a good thing with his unmatched long ball quality.

Pogba is pretty fast, not sure what's the narrative is here.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans