Paul Pogba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why the provocative choice of words? Come on man.

Maybe he's mad at Pogba rejecting PSG's offer

:mou:

troll-dance.gif

King5Puyi

I bet they didn't scoff at it though :nasser:

I don't get what Juve is waiting for. If the rumour of us actually bidding €125M was true and rejected, who the hell is actually going to bother to pay that much? Only logic then is they don't wanna let him go...

Alen

I don't get what Juve is waiting for. If the rumour of us actually bidding €125M was true and rejected, who the hell is actually going to bother to pay that much? Only logic then is they don't wanna let him go...

We didn't make a 125M bid. That's crazy.

Marchisio8

Banned
That smiley is a version of the :troll: smiley.

Ah okay. :D

How is Pogba the least realistic when he is willing to stay for Juve another season while Gundogan is moving this summer according to BVB, Koke not willing to come and Verratti at PSG who is.....well... PSG.

When is the last time Juve sold a star? The last time was Zidane on a world record fee, and got Buffon, Thuram & Nedved in return. Besides they don't need the money. They got 95M alone by just reaching the finals this year.

I don't think there is any club that is stupid enough to bid 125M. It's just stupid rumour. But Juve would have accepted in a heartbeat. :D

King5Puyi

Ah okay. :D

When is the last time Juve sold a star? The last time was Zidane on a world record fee, and got Buffon, Thuram & Nedved in return. Besides they don't need the money. They got 95M alone by just reaching the finals this year.

I don't think there is any club that is stupid enough to bid 125M. It's just stupid rumour. But Juve would have accepted in a heartbeat. :D

95M* Viatenemese Dong?

BBZ8800

The problem is we don't have any alternatives: Verratti won't leave PSG, Gundogan seems to be Manchester United bound, Koke is linked to Chelsea...

Who can we buy, realistically?

It looks like that in THIS moment.
But just, try to travel 2-3 years back in time, and try to remember who was considered as a world class Cm in those days.
Pogba, Verratti, Koke, Isco, Gundogan, almost all of them just "emerged" later.

For example, someone could have said 3 years ago: Let's splash 100M on some CM because there are no other alternatives.
And then, 3-4 world class player emerged very soon after that, if you get my point.

It may look as if in this moment there are no alternatives, but I would be willing to bet, if we don't buy anyone and wait one more year with those 100 Millions, that till the summer 2016, at least 2 new Pogbas/Kokes/Iscos will emerge.

Just try to remember Marquinhos, Benatia and other guys 3 years ago.
Who were they?
Some players from Rome whom nobody knew.

Roma bought Marquinos in 2012 for 1,5M Euros.
In 2013, Psg bought him 30M.
In 2014, we offered 50M for him, lol.

In 2013, Roma bought Benatia for 13M.
In 2014, they sold him for 26M.
We were ready to pay even more, isn't it?

Now, try to travel back to 2012 and 2013, when we need defenders, and someone would say back then: But there are no other players to buy, so we need to buy some XX player for 50 Millions.

That story repeats all the time.
If in this moment, there is nobody available (which is not quite true either way), a new player, probably way cheaper and a better fit for Barca will emerge surely till 2016.

If our team will win a treble, it is not like we won't survive one Season without splashing 100M for a questionable Barca's fit.
(Just add Samper or Suarez to the rooster on Xavi's place)

Last edited:

anguy

Rafinha may end up as a backup to Messi - if he is willing (I don't think Messi will play as much games as he did this year). AM/RW is his natural position anyway, not CM.

Home of Barca Fans