Paul Pogba

ASordidGod

Why did he leave to Juve then? He doesn't seem that connected to UTD.

Fergie didn't give him the game time he wanted. Tbh I don't know that he's obsessively Utd, but my impression is he's loyal to the extent most players are these days. Certainly I'd say Mourinho's his problem not so much the club, though if they continue to underperform... For what it's worth if Mourinho goes I reckon he'd stay.

Givenchy

He'll only move to Barca if there's no prospect of Mourinho leaving United. He really prefers United to anywhere else ideally.

strange.. i never really got that vibe from him. hes more of a mercenary than a loyal player and i always expected him to end up at one of the big Spanish 2

PhilS

Well, loyalty is not this guy's strong suit.

The French national team got fine performances from him. Mourinho has a confirmed history of battles with the best players on his team. Pogba has a history of moving on to greener pastures, and then moving again. He does maximize earnings for his agent. Maybe he can get Mourinho fired, maybe that is a good thing, but just fitting in no matter what has to be a better resume item.

You look at a player who fits in with every team he plays for, consistently playing at the very highest level. Like Modric. Like CR7. Coutinho gets moved all over the field, plays in very different systems under different coaches in different teams. He might not be the very best player but he consistently positively contributes, does not look for excuses to underperform. He even played very well for Liverpool after they denied his transfer request for half a season. You hope your team gets players like these when the price is gigantic.

Pogba could work out well for Barca, though probably not as well as Neymar did. He is a good bet to cause at least as much heartache as Neymar. You have to be uneasy about the prospect of Pogba joining Barca for enormous money.

Riordon

The thing is that we from now on only should buy proven quality or the absolutely biggest talents. Not more random signings like Gomes, Arda, Paco, Digne, Lenglet, Semedo, Mina and so on....i tempted to say Arthur as well.

Do you remember the summers where we were fucking desperate after a CM but none were available? We have tried to sign a quality CM from 2015 to now but because lack of quality players, we settled for Arda, Gomes, Paulinho and now Vidal.

Four summers after a worldclass CM but none were available.

Next summer we have an ordinary situation where quality players like Pogba, Eriksen and an fantastic talent in De Jong are available.
We shouldn't miss.

get two of them

Givenchy

he was decent for France but thats a few games he managed to put his ego behind him for the sake of the national team. joining Barca he won't be prepared to play with the required discipline for an entire season, especially under EV and we already have Coutinho for the playmaker role. I seriously hope we move for FDJ, better fit, younger, a cule and doesn't have a shitbag agent

Nothanks

I just don't see eriksen messi AND coutinho playing together

and before you give me some bullshit fifa lineup like messi false 9 and coutinho on the wing.. it wont work

if we lose rakitic for pogba then we're losing a workhorse for a drama queen.. yes he is more skilled but the balance would be worse than it currently is.

Givenchy

and before you give me some bullshit fifa lineup like messi false 9 and coutinho on the wing.. it wont work

if we lose rakitic for pogba then we're losing a workhorse for a drama queen.. yes he is more skilled but the balance would be worse than it currently is.

the midfield is actually fine right now, the main issue is replacing Suarez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

This is why I prefer a combo of FDJ and de Ligt(obv not for 100m+ each lol) + a #9.

Riordon

IMO Coutinho is a forward. His offensive output is good and his defensive contribution is too shit to be a midfielder. Ofc we need a better coach who needs to improve Coutinhos and Dembele run without the ball. Not ideal but any suggestion for a 9 that is good enough?

I would not replace Rakitic with Pogba. I would play De Jong in the position of Rakitic and Pogba as the most advanced. Thats very balanced.

ter stegen
Roberto - de ligt - umtiti - alba
busquest
de jong - potba
dembele - messi - coutinho

again a good coach that can teach Coutinho and dembele to run without the ball.......pep man i miss you

FCBfan22

IMO Coutinho is a forward. His offensive output is good and his defensive contribution is too shit to be a midfielder. Ofc we need a better coach who needs to improve Coutinhos and Dembele run without the ball. Not ideal but any suggestion for a 9 that is good enough?

I would not replace Rakitic with Pogba. I would play De Jong in the position of Rakitic and Pogba as the most advanced. Thats very balanced.

ter stegen
busquest
de jong - potba

again a good coach that can teach Coutinho and dembele to run without the ball.......pep man i miss you

It isn't. The midfield is not very creative, at least not as much as with Cou in there. We can't rely on De Jong to provide a lot of creativity right from the bat.

SeloBarca

If your not satisfied with your situation its very hard to motivate yourself to perform well
Clearly the situation he is in now is not good for him
Mourinho is beeing an arsehole and is bullying him

I think he would do better in Barcelona, but it would be hard to fit both him and Coutinho in the same midfield.

Riordon

It isn't. The midfield is not very creative, at least not as much as with Cou in there. We can't rely on De Jong to provide a lot of creativity right from the bat.

Both De Jong ang Pogba are good at dribling and give a good amount of key passes each game. De Jong gave 1.5 key passes despite playing as a CB. Pogba around the same number.

Thats the same as Modric.

IMO no one would be able to outperform that midfield, both in terms of strength nor technial qualities.

Coutinho doesn't play as a mid

vlad

ter stegen
busquest
de jong - potba

that fifa line up would do great in la liga (where barca doesnt have problems even now) in CL, that midfield would be runned over and destroyed from any top team due to lack of defensive discipline of front three, and pogba with busquets are not some workhorses either, so basically you put almost all defensive task to last 4 players, there you have roberto who isnt that great at defence either.

its like you dont watch CL and dont see what teams go all the way to finals and that you have to be balanced, football its not only about skills, fancy dribbling, its about running more then your opponent and fight for every ball, play dirty when you need it, you dream team isnt that team

then when barca goes out from CL, all the blame will be on coach, i see you only see pep as coach who is capable to manage that team

edit: where is arthur in your line up, the new xavi? and that de jong, he plays at ajax, how can you be sure he will show top performances vs big teams in CL?

Last edited:

slvtn

Tbh, I dont want him here. Good player, but big ego and really hard to fit in.

I don't really see a huge problem in the quality of the team. There have always been ups and downs in our defens and I actually just can remember Piquè being either excellent or hideous. The problem is that the gameplay has changed after Pep left and the team is unable to find alternatives to what they are used to. It's always the same pattern: opponent is parking the bus, waiting for that one chance and they will most likely score then. Once that happens, the team acts like a bunch of headless chickens passing the ball around 500 times before Suarez messes up or someone already lost the ball. It's frustrating to see that the team obviously has so much potential, but can't find a way to make any decent use of it. That's what Valverde has to improve if he wants to survive the season. And I can't see one reason how Pogba could change things for the better.

Home of Barca Fans