Paul Pogba

vlad

rakitic's performance in the ucl these past few seasons warrant pogbas signing

just cannot trust this guy against the best midfields in the world. offers zero creativity

that performance he and mascherano put on against juventus when busquet was suspended still haunts me

But now that guy arthur is here, how he would get chances if pogba comes?

gasgas

Come on mate this is not 2010. That system was not functioning even in Pep’s final year.

so much that we hit the post twice vs chelsea, had one or two goal line clearances and even then it was not a 4-3-3 false nine, pep played cesc, iniesta, xavi in there as well

soul24rage

Our CM/DM/CAM options this season: Rakitic, Busi, Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha, Alena. We have an overload in that position if we play EV's favortie 4-2-3-1.

Our possible CM/DM/CAM options next season: Rakitic, Busi, Arthur, Vidal, Rafinha, Alena + Roberto (when Wague is promoted to back up RB) + De Jong (it's likely we'll sign him)

I really doubt we are going to sign Pogba this season with the English Transfer Window closing.

If we are going to sign Pobga next season, we have to sell more than one player. I'm not sure who to sell but Rakitic and Rafinha are the most likely to be sold with Alena possibly sent out on loan.

Then we'll have: Pogba, Busi, Arthur, Vidal, Roberto and De Jong.

Arizona Scott

I guess I am alone in hoping we bring in Pogba. He would be the perfect signing if we could get him.

Contrary to popular opinion I actually find his personality refreshing and positive rather than cocky or arrogant. The guy loves music, dancing and hairstyles, big deal? He has leadership abilities, technical skills and great vision. He would also add flair to the midfield, which has been lacking......

I agree with your larger point (try hard to get Pogba--I agree with what he would add on the pitch) but personally I find the rest annoying. I like my footballers to bleed football on and off the pitch (Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Steven Gerrard, Puyol, Xabi--despite him being a merenge) and not engage in the other nonsense unless it is about a major social justice issue.

Tekkers

But now that guy arthur is here, how he would get chances if pogba comes?

by offloading rakitic. if utd don't want him as part of a package deal for pogba, then maybe he'll entertain the idea of playing in inter if the rumors are true about modric

gasgas

Vs 10 players

i am talking about the first leg

Sanchez hit the post on one on one with cech, cesc had a chance cleared of the line by ashley cole, and some other player had another chance cleared off the line,

even messi had a headed chance in that game

these days we can't even create such clear chances and teams don't even park the bus full time the way chelsea did and you want to tell me that playing false 9 is a bad thing?

PSG, Juventus, Roma all attacked us

vlad

i am talking about the first leg

Sanchez hit the post on one on one with cech, cesc had a chance cleared of the line by ashley cole, and some other player had another chance cleared off the line,

even messi had a headed chance in that game

these days we can't even create such clear chances and teams don't even park the bus full time the way chelsea did and you want to tell me that playing false 9 is a bad thing?

PSG, Juventus, Roma all attacked us

At that time you had young messi as a false 9, xavi and iniesta behind, best RB in the world d. Alves, good luck to replicate that.

Edit: missed chances doesnt count, fact is barca didnt get to finals, and 2nd match vs chelsea was just disaster, faster, more direct football is way to go, im not saying barca should ditch possession style but just be less obsessed about it

Last edited:

gasgas

At that time you had young messi as a false 9, xavi and iniesta behind, best RB in the world d. Alves, good luck to replicate that.

Edit: missed chances doesnt count, fact is barca didnt get to finals, and 2nd match vs chelsea was just disaster

what am saying is you can't say that false 9 didn't work in pep's last season referring to such a game as this when we created enough clearcut chances to win 4-1 but squandered them.

look at the chances we created. false 9 wasn't working? i dont think so

Gnidrologist

The notion that false 9 doesn't work anymore is false (lol). It doesn't work with shit/slow midfield which we had for several years now. Messi was more or less still playing that role, but with the additional burden to go back deep and carry the ball to his midfielders, who then could return it to him further down the pitch. When that burden is competently carried by excellent midfield we have now (in theory at least), he can roam much closer to box and be effective.
That said Pogba is shitty choice for that kind of midfield play. He lacks fluidity imho. As someone said above, likes being in the spotlight too much.

George_Costanza

Tomorrow could be absolutely crazy and might be like this:

We sell Mina and Gomes to Everton
We submit a high bid for Pogba
United submit a high bid for Savic
Also, PSG would submit a bid for Raki.

Home of Barca Fans