Paco Alcácer

George_Costanza

the kid is been here for like 4 months or so and didn't even have a pre-season and people here already panicking? It took Lucas Vazquez 6 months to score his first goal and now he is a relaible back up for BBC.

serghei

the kid is been here for like 4 months or so and didn't even have a pre-season and people here already panicking? It took Lucas Vazquez 6 months to score his first goal and now he is a relaible back up for BBC.

Developing players is tough if you don't have patience with them. The way I see most of the fans here reacting towards the younger players we have signed last summer, they don't seem to be willing to give them any time. Barely several months at a new club and people want to sell them already. Then buy other players and if the don't deliver sell them as well after several months.

Last edited:

God Serena

You guys defend "Young players" for not having time to develop but you're usually the first ones to slate a La Masia kiddo and say they're not good enough.

At least BBZ has some consistency in his dislike for young players across the board...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Unlike those La Masia kiddos (not bashing La Masia by the way; I'd love to see the likes of Alena, Samper, etc. succeed here), these new, young players have proven that they have what it takes for top flight football elsewhere. Rafinha with Celta. Denis with Villarreal and Sevilla. Gomes with Valencia and Portugal. Alcacer with Valencia.

God Serena

Unlike those La Masia kiddos (not bashing La Masia by the way; I'd love to see the likes of Alena, Samper, etc. succeed here), these new, young players have proven that they have what it takes for top flight football elsewhere. Rafinha with Celta. Denis with Villarreal and Sevilla. Gomes with Valencia and Portugal. Alcacer with Valencia.

Barca isn't just top flight football. I mean with that logic Halilovic should be given all the time in the world here because he had a good spell at Gijon, even if it did end on a sour note. If all it took to be Barca quality was top flight experience and some "time" then everyone would be a success here. Players like Gomes and Paco don't help the team any more than someone like Munir or Alena would, but the standards they're held up to are completely different.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Barca isn't just top flight football. I mean with that logic Halilovic should be given all the time in the world here because he had a good spell at Gijon, even if it did end on a sour note. If all it took to be Barca quality was top flight experience and some "time" then everyone would be a success here. Players like Gomes and Paco don't help the team any more than someone like Munir or Alena would, but the standards they're held up to are completely different.

Of course, you are correct there. I'm just proposing an explanation as to why some users might be more lenient on the new signings.

Jombi

Paco, Arda, Gomes and the rest are playing as predicted. Average players playing like average players for us as well is very predictable. People who feel so confident they will come good dont seem to have any real knowledge about the (lack of ) quality of these players before they signed for us, judging by the way they talk about them. Umtiti being a good signing for us was also very predictable. Lucas Vazquez? He was never a goal scorer. Not at Espanyol nor at RM. He is a right winger. He certainly didnt need 6 months to play well. Not comparable to Paco at all.

Last edited:

God Serena

He got a good assist but then immediately remembered he's not supposed to be the Suarez sub we've all been asking for and missed yet another sitter.

Home of Barca Fans